Brown & Brown Insurance Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2015

2.4

Employee Benefits Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Tampa, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

It was fairly easy. Phone interview first and then an Interview in person. General Interview questions...pretty casual. Sat with two of the department heads and they asked questions about my experience and what I had to bring to the table. Received a call back within two days and started two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Where did I see myself in 2 years.   1 Answer

Customer Service Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Daytona Beach, FL) in May 2011.

Interview

Long, however I met with several managers and they were very nice. Once interview was complete I was shown around the office and escorted out of the building and was told I would be hearing from someone shortly.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance.

Interview

The first thing they do ask you to do is fill out an application once you arrive.
    After they take you into a conference room to interview you.
    From there I spoke to 2 people.
    It was very easy going , and simple. It was more like a conversation than an interview.

Insurance Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Syracuse, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was a great experience. Interviewed with several department managers and producers. Started early in the day and lasted till lunch time. Very fast paced work culture driven by self starters and people who are motivated to succeed. Overall a great learning experience that will hopefully lead to a career in the near future.

Producer Interview

Interview

It is a pretty straight forward interview process with standard interview type questions, they have a 3 stage interview process. The first interview is over the phone where they ask a few questions and have you fill out a personality test online. If you do well on the personality test your asked to come in for a face to face. The third interview consists of meeting with department heads and regional vice president to determine if you are a good fit for the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you exceeded expectations for a client.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance in October 2013.

Interview

The whole hiring process took several months. I interviewed with every department head. They took their precious time, but I think that since every profit center is independent (for the most part) they wanted to make sure I was a good fit for them.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate very much, but recieved terms that were agreeable in the first place.

Assistant Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Orange, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with the office manager. Was asked multiple questions about proficiency, coverage knowledge, insurance background, short term and long term goals, past agency experience, educational goals, claims experience, a lot of questions that they needed to know that they wanted me to answer. Interview went forever.

Benefits Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

We were part of an acquisition, so it involved a personality test, meeting with our new boss and meeting some of the team. i met with the existing VP HR, and the PCL of the office. We talked about my current role and responsbilities and the culture of their office

Interview Questions

Negotiation

offer, accept. it was acquisition so it kept my current income almost the same

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Orlando, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

The process begun with a techical test at an external recruiter, and an Interview. This process took 3 hours in total. After this the recruiter approved me and set me up for and Interview at the offices with a Manager and a Supervisor. There were 2 postions available and 2 candidates available, me and another person. There I answered all questions for about 20 minutes. It was a very informal intervew, curiosly at the end of the interview I had a tour over the office, and asked what I tought about it. I gave my review and was asked to complete a test via online.
    After completing the test at home according to the job oppening, I didn´t recieved any news. I decided to call the recruiter 4 days later, she told me they decided to pursue other candidates. I was told that they were impressed by my skills, my test, experience, my education and that I did a very good interview, but she actually didn´t knew why they didn´t choose me.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Tallahassee, FL) in January 2010.

Interview

The interview was very thorough in that I was able to meet with different heads of departments and people I would work with.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Salary was take it or leave it.