Brown & Brown Insurance

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance.

Interview Details – I met with a total of three people and the interview process took about an hour. A lot of questions were put forth on both sides but the interview was generally relaxed and positive. I felt very good about the organization at that point.

Interview Question – Would my former employers re-hire me?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. It was pretty much take it or leave it but it was a fair offer

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance.

Interview Details – Standard interviewing process - resume, phone interview, then in person interview. Hiring manager asked for personality profile checking on fit for position. Lots of discussion,questions regarding work to be done and experience in the industry with focus on the computer skills and speed needed to do work quickly

Marketing Interview

Marketing

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance in April 2010.

Interview Details – First Interview was positive, but second gave me the impression there was no interest in hiring me. Required to take an online assessment that seemed a bit like a Meyers/Briggs assessment.

Interview Question – Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult person.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance in August 2009.

Interview Details – the personality test was the main focus for the interview. A large part of the hiring decision was based on these scores.

Interview Question – list your worst qualities   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations

Intern Interview

Intern

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance in November 2009.

Interview Details – Fairly simple interview. They asked me questions about my past job and school experiences and some behavioral questions. The women who interviewed me were very nice. The office is mainly women and the high up women and men seem like they really like their job, although most of them are hardly in the office, and the lower employees seem dissatisfied.

Interview Question – How would you rate your life on a scale from 1 to 10.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not optional, but they offered enough that it was worth it for me.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Brown & Brown Insurance