Brown & Brown Insurance

Updated Jun 28, 2014
Updated Jun 28, 2014

2.1

Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance.

I met with a total of three people and the interview process took about an hour. A lot of questions were put forth on both sides but the interview was generally relaxed and positive. I felt very good about the organization at that point.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. It was pretty much take it or leave it but it was a fair offer

Account Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance.

Standard interviewing process - resume, phone interview, then in person interview. Hiring manager asked for personality profile checking on fit for position. Lots of discussion,questions regarding work to be done and experience in the industry with focus on the computer skills and speed needed to do work quickly

Marketing Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance in April 2010.

First Interview was positive, but second gave me the impression there was no interest in hiring me. Required to take an online assessment that seemed a bit like a Meyers/Briggs assessment.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult person.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance in August 2009.

the personality test was the main focus for the interview. A large part of the hiring decision was based on these scores.

no negotiations

Intern Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance in November 2009.

Fairly simple interview. They asked me questions about my past job and school experiences and some behavioral questions. The women who interviewed me were very nice. The office is mainly women and the high up women and men seem like they really like their job, although most of them are hardly in the office, and the lower employees seem dissatisfied.

Interview Questions
    • How would you rate your life on a scale from 1 to 10.   View Answer
    Not optional, but they offered enough that it was worth it for me.