Brown and Caldwell

Relevance Date Difficulty

Principal Hydrogeologist Interview

Principal Hydrogeologist
Las Vegas, NV

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Brown and Caldwell in January 2010.

Interview Details – Talked to a headhunter then met the mentors many times. They seemed very sincere that they would help me in my new position, but after I joined the company, I was left high and dry.

Negotiation Details – yes

Administrative Interview

Administrative
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Brown and Caldwell in April 2014.

Interview Details – Phone call from the Seattle office HR department. Phone interview was very comfortable. They checked my references. Then sent me in for an on-site interview. Was very comfortable. I think I did a good job. I have not heard back from them yet. Very nice people. Salt Lake City office

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
Sacramento, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Brown and Caldwell in May 2013.

Interview Details – 4 interviews

Interview Question – what is on your reading list?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – salary and vacation

Engineer II

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Brown and Caldwell.

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of driving to the office and meeting with a Vice-President, Project Manager, and peers.

The interview began with providing background information and answering specific technical questions about the resume. The second portion was meeting the Project Manager and answering a few behavioral questions, but the focus was more on the engineering approach taken to a potiential project. The last portion was meeting the young engineers which was low key and relaxing

Interview Question – If there is a project or task you are handed and you do not know how to approach it, how would you handle the situation?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was 2008... you took the job.

Walnut Creek, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Brown and Caldwell.

Interview Details – A supervisor called me from a referral of a former coworker. They asked a few questions and was also interviewed by senior and junior level piers. The process was pretty informal and laid back. Unfortunately I don't remember too many of the questions except the one shown below in the unexpected question section.

Interview Question – Question: "What do you think of working with women?"   View Answer

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Marketing Coordinator
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Brown and Caldwell.

Interview Details – I submitted an application online about a month before I had my first call. The phone interview lasted about an hour (I was told it was going to be around 30-40 minutes) had a lot of detailed questions about my work. After the phone interview, I was sent 3 writing assessments. One for punctuation, one for editing and clarifying sentences, and one writing a sample PR. They require 5 references and they must be reached by email. After all of this is submitted (they provide about 3-4 days), then they will contact with a second, in-person interview after about a week.

Interview Questions

• Give a detailed description of your proposal writing process.   Answer Question
  • Give examples of how much in-put you had on decision making conversations (i.e. did you help decide on any proposals).   Answer Question

Miami, FL

I applied through other source and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Brown and Caldwell.

Interview Details – Met a senior VP whom I met on my campus and he wanted me to interview with his company.

Interview Question – What do we need to do to get you on board?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer I Interview

Electrical Engineer I
Walnut Creek, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Brown and Caldwell in April 2013.

Interview Details – I had one phone interview and during the interview I was asked simple questions about my character. Not too technical. The majority of the interview I was given a description of what i'd do.

Interview Question – What's my greatest weakness   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior Scientist Interview

Senior Scientist
Houston, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Brown and Caldwell in July 2010.

Interview Details – Great!

Interview Questions

Senior Structural Engineer In Walnut Creek, CA & Seattle, WA Interview

Senior Structural Engineer In Walnut Creek, CA & Seattle, WA

I applied online and interviewed at Brown and Caldwell.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a phone interview. They had an opening for their Seattle office. The hiring manager told me that I would not be hired because I was not a salesman. Apparently, it appears that they changed the requirements of the job that they posted. Why would a Senior Structural engineer need to be a salesman? Also, I was told they only hire local candidates even though they posted ads on Craigslist. The interviewer became evaise when she was asked about why she only interviewed local candidiates. Apparently, she had never heard of comity of engineering licenses.

When I contacted the Vice President about the bad interview, she told me that they never review or design structural engineering aspects of their projects. It was overheard on a speakerphone. A few days later, I received a letter from their Legal Department telling me never to apply there again. If I did, I would face criminal charges.

In a nutshell, the company was very unprofessional. I would recommend anyone not to apply there in the future.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Brown and Caldwell? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Brown and Caldwell interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Brown and Caldwell employees and interview candidates.