Brown and Caldwell Interview Questions & Reviews

2.5

Principal Hydrogeologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Brown and Caldwell in January 2010.

Talked to a headhunter then met the mentors many times. They seemed very sincere that they would help me in my new position, but after I joined the company, I was left high and dry.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I interviewed online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Brown and Caldwell in April 2014.

Phone call from the Seattle office HR department. Phone interview was very comfortable. They checked my references. Then sent me in for an on-site interview. Was very comfortable. I think I did a good job. I have not heard back from them yet. Very nice people. Salt Lake City office

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Brown and Caldwell in May 2013.

4 interviews

salary and vacation

Engineer II Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Brown and Caldwell.

The interview process consisted of driving to the office and meeting with a Vice-President, Project Manager, and peers.

The interview began with providing background information and answering specific technical questions about the resume. The second portion was meeting the Project Manager and answering a few behavioral questions, but the focus was more on the engineering approach taken to a potiential project. The last portion was meeting the young engineers which was low key and relaxing

Interview Questions
    • If there is a project or task you are handed and you do not know how to approach it, how would you handle the situation?   View Answer
    It was 2008... you took the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Walnut Creek, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Brown and Caldwell.

A supervisor called me from a referral of a former coworker. They asked a few questions and was also interviewed by senior and junior level piers. The process was pretty informal and laid back. Unfortunately I don't remember too many of the questions except the one shown below in the unexpected question section.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I interviewed online. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Brown and Caldwell.

I submitted an application online about a month before I had my first call. The phone interview lasted about an hour (I was told it was going to be around 30-40 minutes) had a lot of detailed questions about my work. After the phone interview, I was sent 3 writing assessments. One for punctuation, one for editing and clarifying sentences, and one writing a sample PR. They require 5 references and they must be reached by email. After all of this is submitted (they provide about 3-4 days), then they will contact with a second, in-person interview after about a week.

Interview Questions
    • Give a detailed description of your proposal writing process.   Answer Question
    • Give examples of how much in-put you had on decision making conversations (i.e. did you help decide on any proposals).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I interviewed through other source. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Brown and Caldwell.

Met a senior VP whom I met on my campus and he wanted me to interview with his company.

Electrical Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Walnut Creek, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Brown and Caldwell in April 2013.

I had one phone interview and during the interview I was asked simple questions about my character. Not too technical. The majority of the interview I was given a description of what i'd do.

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Brown and Caldwell in July 2010.

Great!

Interview Questions

I interviewed online - interviewed at Brown and Caldwell.

I applied online and received a phone interview. They had an opening for their Seattle office. The hiring manager told me that I would not be hired because I was not a salesman. Apparently, it appears that they changed the requirements of the job that they posted. Why would a Senior Structural engineer need to be a salesman? Also, I was told they only hire local candidates even though they posted ads on Craigslist. The interviewer became evaise when she was asked about why she only interviewed local candidiates. Apparently, she had never heard of comity of engineering licenses.

When I contacted the Vice President about the bad interview, she told me that they never review or design structural engineering aspects of their projects. It was overheard on a speakerphone. A few days later, I received a letter from their Legal Department telling me never to apply there again. If I did, I would face criminal charges.

In a nutshell, the company was very unprofessional. I would recommend anyone not to apply there in the future.

Interview Questions

Worked for Brown and Caldwell? Contribute to the Community!