Bruce Power Interview Questions

Updated Mar 8, 2015

2.5

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bruce Power.

Interview

I had two phone interviews. The first interview was conducted by HR and the second one was conducted by the hiring manger. The questions were easy and the interviewers were very nice. The whole process took more than a month.

Electrical Engineer New Grad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tiverton, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bruce Power (Tiverton, NS (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied through university website. Got an email after 3 weeks for an interview. After 3 weeks of interview got an email of selection. Overall, the hiring process was nice and helpful.

Interview Questions

• General Resume Review Questions. No complicated questions.   Answer Question

NOIT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bruce Power in March 2013.

Interview

1st round: Preliminary Math and science Test (physics, math, chemistry). Not hard if you have a degree, but still need to review
    2nd round: Structured, Behavioral and knowledge test
    Do not underestimate the second round. It seems to have been easier in the past, but much more challenging now. Normal behavioural questions, but knowledge in mechanical concepts is discussed thoroughly.

Interview Questions

• They ask you to just know about CANDU before the interview(hence I understimated), but for the interiew you really need to know fluid mechanics..valves, pumps(types of pumps), turbines, heat exchangers...emphasis of mechanical concepts. A little bit of electrical concepts, but fairly straightforward.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bruce Power in June 2012.

Interview

Completed 2 of 3 steps of interview process. Timed multiple choice mathematical, mechanical, digital, questions with little explanation and descriptions of what is expected.

University Developmental Student - 16 Month Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Bruce Power (Hamilton, ON (Canada)) in February 2012.

Interview

I applied through the Bruce Power website. I received an email asking for a preliminary phone interview. This first interview was meant to confirm application details, the only actual question was at the end when I was asked to define what safety culture was.

I received a follow-up email approximately 2 weeks later asking for a more formal email, again by phone. I had prepared a list of answers to all common questions so nothing was a surprise and it was easy to simply speak out my answer off my notes considering it was over the phone. It is worth mentioning you can be considered for other positions within Bruce based on your interview. I was given a choice between two positions afterwards.

A while later I got an email stating I've been selected for either an 8 month or 16 month position, I choose the 16month. Once I confirmed I had to do a security check which takes forever and I nearly didnt have it done by my start date, although there isnt anything you can do on your own end to speed up the process.

Interview Questions

• The interview was typical behavioral and situational questions, such as strength/weakness, favourite project, etc. There were no technical questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None - Was internship.

Senior Technical Engineer/Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kincardine, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at Bruce Power (Kincardine, ON (Canada)) in November 2010.

Interview

Joke, nothing technical all silly HR what if, give us a time when you showed safe work practices blah blah blah

Negotiation

they don't negotiation they dictate what you get, the whole time they make you feel like they are doing you a favour for offering you a job and give less than 5 days to response to the offer.