Bruster's Interview Questions

1.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bruster's

Ice Cream Scooper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bruster's (Cypress, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The location wasn't open yet so they had a table set up outside and I came at the time they set up for me to be interviewed. I went to the table and they asked for my name and then they gave me two papers of questions to answer. One page had some interview questions and the second page was a couple simple math questions about giving back change. When I finished the papers I went to the table and they asked a few questions.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me a time where you solved a conflict between yourself and a friend or coworker?   Answer Question
    • Can you tell me a time where you did something to help out a friend, coworker or family member? and why was that extraordinary?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bruster's (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

They were really nice and easy. I sent in my application and a week later i got a call. They set up my interview a few days later and it went really well. Just be prepared to answer any type of question. They want people who work well as a team and who are good with customers, so always smile and act calm when they interview you.

Interview Questions

• the guest fee is 3.79 They give you 4.00 What is the change?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conyers, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bruster's (Conyers, GA) in May 2014.

Interview

It was very quick and easy. The person that was interviewing me was very kind and nice. They didn't make me feel nervous at all and they asked simple questions. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.

Interview Questions

• If two co-workers were having an intense disagreement, how would you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bruster's in May 2014.

Interview

I handed in a handwritten application on location and received a phonecall within two weeks. The manager I spoke to was extremely friendly and the interview was short. I was about 3-4 years older than most of the employees there so the process felt very casual for me. I received a job offer by the end of the week, and at first I accepted, but then the manager never got back to me about starting dates. I called to inquire a few days later and it turned out he had lost my phone number. At that point, I had received a more suitable offer from a different retail chain, apologized, and informed him that I had to change my plans. He was very gracious. Overall, it was a good experience, but I would definitely recommend it to teenagers rather than college students.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your past experiences that prove that you would be a good fit for this position?   1 Answer

I received an offer from a different employer that I felt was a better fit for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Interview

It was pretty straight forward, just one interview with the franchise owner.

Interview Questions

• Would you ever steal from the cash register?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Min. wage plus tips, of course

Scooper/Crewleader Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bruster's in June 2013.

Interview

I had the worst time applying to my local Bruster's. I really wanted to work there even if the pay is a tipped wage(4.25/hr). I turned in my application and waited two weeks till I got a call to schedule an interview. We scheduled it that same day and I arrived only to hear he wasn't there. He said he would call me tomorrow and there was no call the next day. I called him and schedule another interview. He didn't show up for that interview either. Finally after a week of calling and emailing I finally get a response out of him and eventually an interview. The interview went really fantastic and he basically said I was his top pick for the job. He was supposed to call me two days later. That never happened. I emailed again for a follow up and never got a response. Then finally after another week I called him only for him to tell me he hired somebody else. This whole month long struggle for nothing. I love Bruster's ice cream and their front counter staff, but their management is horrible.

Interview Questions

• It was basically just scheduling questions like "Can you work during the school year?", "Why can't you work Sunday mornings?", and the annoying "Why do you want this job?" question.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Audubon, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bruster's (Audubon, PA) in April 2011.

Interview

I got a phone call asking to come in for an interview. Walked in sat down and the manager asked me about 10 questions and called me back the next day asking when i could start

Interview Questions

• My favorite flavor icecream   1 Answer

Scooper Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bruster's in April 2010.

Interview

You go online and print out the application and turn it into the store. Manager will call you for an interview

Interview Questions

• None really - I had connections so I didn't have a formal interview   Answer Question

Negotiation

None. Accepted minimum wage

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Bruster's (Auburn, AL) in April 2008.

Interview

I asked for a job application form one day when I was at Bruster's. Filled it out and brought it back a couple days later, the manager called me the next day and asked me to come in for an interview which was pretty simple and I was on the schedule the next week. If you dont completely botch the interview, you pretty much have the job.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to count back change to a customer? You may be asked to demonstrate.   Answer Question

Ice Cream Scooper Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Bruster's in June 2011.

Interview

They asked the general questions that most all employers ask. Describe yourself in three words... so on and so forth.

Interview Questions

• If you were a type of ice cream, what ice cream would you be and why   Answer Question

As I thought more about the job, I realized I didn't want to sit in a freezing cold room all day.