Bryan Cave

Updated Jun 18, 2014

3.5

First Year Associate Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

The interview process is like any other for law students, however, they take you to happy hour afterward, and you, inevitably, let your guard down. The younger associates act like they're your friends, so you feel comfortable enough to ask certain questions or express concerns you might not have expressed with the hiring partner, which then gets you into trouble - for example, you may end up betraying that you don't really want to work at a firm long term, and end up ruining your chances of getting an offer. Don't forget - the happy hour is still part of the interview!

Associate Attorney Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bryan Cave.

On-campus recruiting; summer associate

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bryan Cave in September 2012.

On campus interview, followed by in office callback with 4 different associates, and dinner and drinks with two associates after the various callback interviews. Great experience, all positive, good vibes, but no explanation for the lack of an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. The firm's work is focused on mortgage foreclosures, so you should try to come up with a creative reason for why you would want to do that kind of work.   Answer Question

Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bryan Cave in November 2008.

I was referred by a secretary who I knew at the firm and received a call within two days for my interview. The personal interview took approximately one half hour and included very professional questions as well as delving into a personal level. The interviewer made me feel at home and gave me a brief tour of the firm and introduced me to the secretarial manager. I took a typing test which required a 70-wpm passing score (which I passed) and was then interviewed by the secretarial manager herself. She was very down to earth and also made me feel very much at home during the process. The interview ended and I sent a thank you letter to both the interviewer and the secretarial manager. I called three days later to follow up and spoke with the manager and she assured me that I would be receiving a call within the next few days. I was always told to follow up after three days with a phone call as well as a thank you letter as this would help the interviewer to remember you over the other candidates. I received a call after about three days offering me the position I'd applied for. The entire interview process for me lasted approximately one week.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked what I believed my strongest accomplishment in my life was.   View Answer
    In this particular instance, I did not need to negotiate for my salary as I increased by salary by about $7,000 a year from my previous position. I believe Bryan Cave is a very competitive firm and there was no need for negotiations. After being offered the position, I was sent a contract in the mail which I needed to sign and return. Inside was a packet of all of the benefit information and this was also so competitive that there was no need for negotiation.