Bryant & Stratton College

Updated Sep 16, 2014
Updated Sep 16, 2014

2.9

Adjunct Instructor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bryant & Stratton College.

I went in for initial interview. They asked very typical interview questions about my education and experience. I was asked to come back and perform a teaching demo for several faculty members. They discussed the demonstration and offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    • Can you come back in a few days from now and give a teaching demo in your field?   View Answer
    They offered me their per semester pay and asked when I was free to teach.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bryant & Stratton College in May 2014.

Saw the ad posted and emailed. The Program Director emailed me and we sat down and talked. The interview itself was more of just a conversation and getting to know each other. With each of us asking questions and talking about teaching and the study. I was given an option to teach a few classes and I picked one that started a week later.

Interview Questions
    It was a set price per class. Wish I could ask for more.

Financial Aid Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orchard Park, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bryant & Stratton College in May 2014.

Applied online and 3 weeks later got a call for an interview during which the hiring manager also did a short phone screening. A few days later I walked into what turned out to be a 4-person panel interview. Questions were average "difficulty," but as long as you review your relevant skills/experience/strengths/weaknesses the night before you'll be fine . Interview was great but I decided half-way through that the job/company was not a good fit for me-more of a sales atmosphere and didn't have growth opportunities I was looking for. At the end of the hour-long meeting the hiring manager said they would call early the following week in either case, job offer or not. Never received any call, but then again I didn't care for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Name something a previous manager would say you need to improve on   Answer Question

Adjunct Instructor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bryant & Stratton College.

Very simple process. I had a short and informal discussion with the dean of instruction. He asked about previous experience and interest in the position. He also asked about my approach to classroom management. He also spent time explaining how the college schedule worked and the types of classes available for me as an adjunct.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. As a contract instructor, this is limited.

Admissions Representative Interview

The interview process consisted of mostly behaviorally based questions, getting to know you questions and then the opportunity to shadow someone in the job you would have. I liked shadowing portion because it gave me a good idea of what my job would be in the future. During the behavioral questions expect multiple people to sit in the interview and also it may be hosted in a conference area.

Interview Questions
    • The Human Resources Professional asked me "On a scale of 1-10 please rate how you are doing during this interview" after I answered he asked me "and why is this question so important"   Answer Question

Professor Interview

Received several emails, had a phone conversation with the Dean, and then went in front of several peers at the campus to teach on a topic of my choosing.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty straight-forward interview questions, nothing surprising.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bryant & Stratton College in August 2012.

They asked me to come in for a panel interview, but when I arrived it was very different from what I expected. About thirty applicants were gathered in a room, and we were first given a lecture on how great Bryant & Stratton College was. Then we were given a tour of the college and it was explained to us how we could all benefit from attending the college. At the end of the tour, the guide told us that there was a financial aid seminar with free food for us if anyone wanted to attend. The guide actually forgot to even ask for our resumes at the end of the tour, and had to be reminded by one of the applicants.

This was NOT an interview, it was a scam. They tricked people into coming in, and then forced them into a high-pressure sales pitch. I am not sure that this was even a real job opening to begin with.

Interview Questions
    • They literally did not ask a single question to any of the applicants.   Answer Question

Subject Area Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bryant & Stratton College in December 2009.

Interview process was a three step process, panel,one on one and giving a lecture to the panel.

Interview Questions
    • I was actually asked to give a 15 minute lecture on the subject of my preference.   Answer Question
    No negotiations....the salary was firm.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orchard Park, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bryant & Stratton College in November 2009.

This process seemed good. The interview was thorough and there was several steps. However I was called for a second interview before I even got home after the 1st one. Knowing what I know now, I was misled to beleive this was a company that was out to make a difference and cared about its employees.

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite cereal what would it be and why?   Answer Question
    There wasn't one. It was Here is the offer and that was it.

Campus Employee Interview

Standard hiring process: The initial resume submission and application were completed online. The first interview was by the department manager. The second interview was by the Campus Director. Offer was made over phone with official offer letter followed immediately after. Standard new-hire paperwork had to be completed. Great on-boarding process via training manager.