Bryn Neil International Interview Questions

Updated Sep 5, 2014

2.9

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bryn Neil International

Confidential Interview

interviewed at Bryn Neil International in August 2014.

I was contacted via email by one of the recruiters. They mentioned that I would be a good fit for a position that had. They followed up with a phone screening. About a week later there was a phone interview with their client, which was your typical interview and nothing out of the ordinary.

Unfortunately the communication from the recruiter was very poor. Lots of following up from my side. And too much back and forth.

Interview Questions
    • Typical interview questions. Nothing difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bryn Neil International in April 2014.

Applied on school website and heard back within 2 weeks. They called me for a screening interview and then I was invited to their office in El Segundo for an interview. There were 3 people working in the office and the Manager interviewed me. She thoroughly explained the company culture and what the job would entail. She even had powerpoint printouts to go along with her explanations. It was clear, though, that this was extremely rehearsed. After her explanation, she continued to ask me if I had questions, so come with lots of questions!

Interview Questions
    • What is something that you are superior to your peers in?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bryn Neil International.

I met a representative through the job fair at my school and they asked to set up an interview before I even said a word. I met with someone a week later for my interview and I was surprised at how difficult the questions were. Make sure you can think of at least 8 different challenges you have experiences and overcome, because they asked me almost the exact same questions but worded differently and I found myself running out of examples to use.

Interview Questions
    • The last question I was asked was a math question, which I was not expecting at all. It was a word problem that had to do with calculating the profit made by a staffing company after placing a candidate at a new position with a client.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bryn Neil International in March 2014.

I interview on my campus (U of A)

Interview Questions
    • My interview was with Holly from the San Francisco office and she asked my basic question...Failure, 3 successes in life, and my objectives.   View Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Basic phone screening, followed by an in person interview at their office in El Segundo, and go down a piece of paper and ask you mostly behavioral questions, while they circle how well you answered the question (I assume).

Recruiter Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bryn Neil International in February 2014.

Skype interview. Went smoothly, learned a lot about company and was conversational

Junior COBOL Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bryn Neil International in February 2014.

Met with a Technical Recruiter and an Account Manager in separate 1-on-1 interviews. Both were very personable, courteous, and honest. Neither had any technical background, so there were no technical questions, nor were there any trick questions. They were very up-front about their client's current situation and their client's hiring process. In the weeks that followed, they were both very good about following up with me and keeping me appraised of my candidacy.

Interview Questions
    • What have you been doing since your last job ended in February 2013?   View Answer

Recruiter Interview

First round was a phone screen, and short in person interview with a few employees. Then second round is actually performing the job, takes a couple hours. Third round is a social setting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I received a phone call from them to tell me a little bit more about the company and what they do and also got more information about the position. I was asked to come in for a 1st round interview where they asked typical interview questions to see if you have the skill set for the job (persistence, sociable, persuasive, etc.). The 2nd round interview was a case study where you have the chance to demonstrate skills needed for the position. The 3rd round is a mixer. Throughout the whole process, they place a large emphasis on company culture. Everyone is young and social, it seems their goal is to make the company a fun place to work.

Interview Questions
    • The 2nd round of the interview process is a case study, where they ask you to search their database to find 3 candidates to fill a position. You then meet with the CEO and Account Manager to present your candidates, as if they were clients. You must prove you can work under pressure and prove that you can sell these candidates to your client.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Overall the interview process went really well until I got asked about my social habits on the weekends. Since I assumed its inappropriate to talk about getting drunk and going to bars, I scooted around that answer and instead discussed reading books, hiking, and going to the beach. After that, I felt like my interviewer was trying to pry it out of me whether I drink on the weekends or not. I do go out every weekend, but I just didn't think it was appropriate to discuss during my very first interview. Although I understand that social interactions are an important part of the recruiting process, I think it is unfair to drill a potential employee to the point of feeling uncomfortable about social/drinking habits. I didn't get asked for a second interview, and I think my answer to this question was my ultimate downfall. I do not recommend anyone pursue this company unless their only interest is going out on the weekends.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do on the weekends socially at night time?   Answer Question