Bubba Gump Shrimp

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Monterey, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bubba Gump Shrimp in March 2011.

Interview Details – very easy had 2 interviews as i applied then a follow up with the sales manager and general manger. you pretty much get the job if they like your personality and think you'll fit in with the rest of the employees.

Negotiation Details – there was none

Interviewed at Bubba Gump Shrimp

Interview Details – The interview with the restaurant was very quick and took almost no time at all. As long as you are available and they have positions, they are happy to hire. They required no previous server experience. The initial hiring went through the HR office. They make you do training and fill out all their paperwork since you are working at a boardwalk.

Interview Question – Why do you want to be a server? (Not really unexpected)   View Answer

Denver, CO

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bubba Gump Shrimp in July 2013.

Interview Details – Open, 3 part interview process.

Interview Question – If you were stranded on a desert island, what 3 things would you want to have?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Serving position, no negotiation process.

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Bubba Gump Shrimp.

Interview Details – Interviewing was long. You sit around waiting for 30 min to talk to a manager. If they like you, you wait for another manager. If they like you, you wait for ANOTHER manager. Finally they call your previous employer and have you come back for training, training is very tedious and detailed. You literally need to know everything on the menu and pass 4 stages of serving before you go on the floor on your own.

Host Interview

Host

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Bubba Gump Shrimp.

Interview Details – I had to wait for half an hour or so. The interview didn't take too long. The manager seemed like he was in a hurry.

Interview Question – What was the most difficult customer experience you had?   Answer Question

Host Interview

Host
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bubba Gump Shrimp in July 2009.

Interview Details – If you are becoming a server remember the drink ingredients. they will test you for every ingredient in almost every drink. some drinks have around 7 different ingredients.

Interview Question – Why do yo u want to work here   View Answer

Anonymous Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Bubba Gump Shrimp.

Interview Details – As easy as could be... I showed up... ate shrimp... I was immediately hired.

Interview Question – Do you like other seafood?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Team-Member Interview

Team-Member

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bubba Gump Shrimp.

Interview Details – The interview was very easy. Asked Basic question, such as why do you want to work here? Why are you interested in working for bubba gump?

Interview Question – Explain your unemployment gap   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I couldn't comply with the hours.

Very Easy Interview

Santa Monica, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Bubba Gump Shrimp in March 2013.

Interview Details – Super simple and laid back. There were two managers in the restaurant when I went in, and they took turns interviewing me. They really let me guide the interview; they asked about my interests, allowed me to ask any questions that I had, and then threw in a few questions about my schedule (since I'm a student with classes Monday through Thursday). The managers were very friendly, and obviously wanted me to be comfortable and not stressed or panicky. They were honest and appeared to lay out everything on the table.

Interview Question – They asked if I'd ever been to a Bubba Gump before. I said yes, and then they asked me what stood out the most about my experience there. I haven't been in years, so that was a tough one!   Answer Question

Destin, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Bubba Gump Shrimp in May 2012.

Interview Details – Basically you had to explain past experiences on how you managed certain situations or would manage them now. You also have to explain moments where you exceeded expectations and did above and beyond the call of duty.

Interview Question – Most difficult questions are making up on the spot how you would handle situations. Just practice basic interview questions and you should be fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Servers always get paid 4.65

Worked for Bubba Gump Shrimp? Contribute to the Community!