Buc-ee's Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

1.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Buc-ee's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madisonville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Buc-ee's (Madisonville, TN).

Interview

Submitted application online if I remember correctly. Scheduled an interview in person. Which turned out to be a VIRTUAL interview. They sit you in a room which is really a primped up broom closet with enough room for you and a computer. There is no real person, it's just a list of questions and you answer them on video. I think they should have an option to do this from home. I drove 25 minutes to do this interview and it was on a computer screen. I was not happy.

Interview Questions

• Questions were very general. Tell us about you. What experience do you have? Why are you a good fit for this position? Things of that nature. Very easy. Especially since you have options to re-record.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Texas City, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Buc-ee's (Texas City, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online and sent them my resume, and within a week I received a phone call. I was interviewed by phone and asked to come in the store for a face to face interview as well.
    The General manager simply stated that their company had very strict policies. Which were absolutely no problem for me. Just look professional, be on time, do your job, and be a pleasant person to work with. And You must arrive at work in FULL uniform and must leave in FULL uniform. Shirt tucked in, hat, belt, name tag, not on your phone.
    Also, they want someone who is available to work holidays (Which you get paid double) and weekends, but will work with you if you have school or something important you have to attend regularly.
    AND let me warn you, Bucees has very high expectations when it comes to cleanliness of their stores. During your shift your area HAS to be clean, they will be on you about it if its not. And Before you leave they touch every surface, lift every machine, and open ever drawer to see if its %100 clean. If you can't/don't clean, don't bother applying.
    For $12 an hour, I'm not complaining. I had to work two weeks to get what I earn here in one week for less labor. I don't care much for breaks, they only gives us "Moments" if its really slow, then we can get a bite to eat or something.
    The interview is the easy part, once you land the job, keeping up with Buc-ees expectations is what's the hardest. But, it just takes some time to get used to.
    $12 per hour ←←←←← ;D

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Buc-ees?   1 Answer
    • If I called your last jobs supervisor what would they say about you?   1 Answer
    • Please tell me about a situation where you went above and beyond for a customer?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any questions?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Texas City, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Buc-ee's (Texas City, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online and got a call right away. Got interviewed by phone then came in for a face to face interview. Was told the stores strict rules, asked some questions, and then was sent to get my drug test. He had pretty much done this all day and wanted to get it over with. It was when this store was first opening which was why I think the interview was so easy but I think it might be more intense now that we have a lot of people working now. If you get interviewed by Scott, he may seem "scary" and rude, but its all an act and he wants to see how confident you are. Be blunt and act like you really want this job.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work weekends, holidays, and anytime we need you?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Braunfels, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Buc-ee's (New Braunfels, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

Firs they send an email doing an online video interview. After that they call you doing the interview in person basically offering you the job on the spot. The describe the work day to you and make sure you can comply to their standards, especially the phone rule that they have.

Specialty Gifts Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waller, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Buc-ee's (Waller, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

They mainly ask if you have piercings or tattoos, and if you can stand for long hours

Bakery Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waller, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Buc-ee's (Waller, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

Very through- you get paid very well to be honest, faithful, and to do more than what is required. The managers notice that, and reward you for it!

Interview Questions

• Asked if I had been in a particular situation, and how I responded.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The hourly pay was known before I applied.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luling, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Buc-ee's (Luling, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

After applying online, and waiting several weeks with no response, I went in to the store to see what was going on. I had just seen a new job posting ad, and was overqualified for the position. Turns out they just dropped the ball.

They now have a video interview process.

Interview Questions

• When the GM looked at my resume and told me that I had made some bad choices, that should have been a red flag. I was still in college and had held various jobs since high school, and the common cause of changing jobs was moving for my education. I regret not asking him for clarification about that.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No room for negotiation.

Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Jackson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Buc-ee's (Lake Jackson, TX) in January 2011.

Interview

Phone call 3 days after app. Interview at store first I think. Then interview at the corporate office. Thenn drug test at <50 mcg for thc. Usual interview questions. They tell u how great the company is and really screen you for good moral values.