Buck Consultants

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Secaucus, NJ

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Buck Consultants in December 2012.

Interview Details – I met them at a career fair at my college. I gave them my resume there then applied online. I received an email asking if I could come in to interview. The interview was a very long process- I met with 4 different groups of people- each group had 2 people each. They all asked me situational questions and about managing time and working in teams. They asked about my strengths and weaknesses. The last group of people took me out to lunch and we talked at lunch, this was not what I was expecting.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you were working in a team and one member wasnt participating properly?   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Buck Consultants in December 2011.

Interview Details – Got an email from a recruiter regarding my application to set up a time for a phone interview. A few days later had a 45 minute phone interview which went well, and a few days after that got an email asking me to come in to the office for an interview.

The interview consisted of a 20 minute conversation with the office manager, 5 or 6 30 minute interviews with some senior and junior actuaries, and a wrap up with the manager.

I was told I'd hear back in about 2 weeks. A month went by with nothing, I emailed the recruiter, and he said I didn't get the offer.

Interview Question – What got you interested in taking actuarial exams?   Answer Question

New York, NY

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Buck Consultants in December 2010.

Interview Details – I met with two people in HR at a college internship fair. The first round was on campus. I was interviewed by two people from the company. It was an interesting interview in that they had no specific questions but rather let me guide the conversation. For the second round interview I was interviewed by three people one-on-one with fairly standard questions and then I had a lunch interview with two of the more recent employees.

Interview Question – So what do you know about our company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate.

Actuary Intern Interview

Actuary Intern
Secaucus, NJ

The process took a day - interviewed at Buck Consultants in May 2010.

Interview Details – Started with phone interview, which lasted about a half an hour, maybe a little bit longer. Then I was scheduled for an interview, which started with my recruiter, then I had two interviews with directors, then a lunch interview with associates.

Interview Question – What do you feel that you can contribute to the company?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Buck Consultants

Worked for Buck Consultants? Contribute to the Community!