Buck Consultants Actuary Intern Interview Questions

3.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Secaucus, NJ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Secaucus, NJ

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Buck Consultants in December 2012.

I met them at a career fair at my college. I gave them my resume there then applied online. I received an email asking if I could come in to interview. The interview was a very long process- I met with 4 different groups of people- each group had 2 people each. They all asked me situational questions and about managing time and working in teams. They asked about my strengths and weaknesses. The last group of people took me out to lunch and we talked at lunch, this was not what I was expecting.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you were working in a team and one member wasnt participating properly?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Buck Consultants

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Buck Consultants in December 2011.

Got an email from a recruiter regarding my application to set up a time for a phone interview. A few days later had a 45 minute phone interview which went well, and a few days after that got an email asking me to come in to the office for an interview.

The interview consisted of a 20 minute conversation with the office manager, 5 or 6 30 minute interviews with some senior and junior actuaries, and a wrap up with the manager.

I was told I'd hear back in about 2 weeks. A month went by with nothing, I emailed the recruiter, and he said I didn't get the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Buck Consultants in December 2010.

I met with two people in HR at a college internship fair. The first round was on campus. I was interviewed by two people from the company. It was an interesting interview in that they had no specific questions but rather let me guide the conversation. For the second round interview I was interviewed by three people one-on-one with fairly standard questions and then I had a lunch interview with two of the more recent employees.

I didn't negotiate.

Actuary Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Secaucus, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Secaucus, NJ

The process took a day - interviewed at Buck Consultants in May 2010.

Started with phone interview, which lasted about a half an hour, maybe a little bit longer. Then I was scheduled for an interview, which started with my recruiter, then I had two interviews with directors, then a lunch interview with associates.

Interview Questions
    • What do you feel that you can contribute to the company?   Answer Question

Worked for Buck Consultants? Contribute to the Community!