Buck Consultants

20 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Retirement Actuarial Intern Interview

Retirement Actuarial Intern

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Buck Consultants.

Interview Details – Approached them at a career fair at my University in October. Had a phone interview with an HR manager the next week. Was not contacted until January for an interview. Was then interviewed by seven employees. One week later I was contacted with an offer.

Interview Question – Interview was more of a discussion then series of questions and answers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Actuarial Analyst

Interviewed at Buck Consultants

Interview Details – three phone interviews, followed by an on-site interview.

Interview Question – Who is your role model? and why?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Buck Consultants.

Interview Details – Contact John O'Brien in HR to get more information. The only tip I could give is that we love balanced candidates, who can confidently answer technical questions while not losing a relaxed yet professional attitude.

Negotiation Details – Didn't have to negotiate, since the offer was pretty reasonable and beat other offers in terms of $ and location.

Senior Associate Interview

Senior Associate

Interviewed at Buck Consultants

Interview Details – We review and approve every post before it appears on our site, and in the case that the community sees something suspicious we will look into the issue and take appropriate action. We're committed to protecting our community from fraudulent submissions that might affect our ratings and reviews.

Interview Question – We review and approve every post before it appears on our site, and in the case that the community sees something suspicious we will look into the issue and take appropriate action. We're committed to protecting our community from fraudulent submissions that might affect our ratings and reviews.   Answer Question

Secaucus, NJ

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Buck Consultants in December 2012.

Interview Details – I met them at a career fair at my college. I gave them my resume there then applied online. I received an email asking if I could come in to interview. The interview was a very long process- I met with 4 different groups of people- each group had 2 people each. They all asked me situational questions and about managing time and working in teams. They asked about my strengths and weaknesses. The last group of people took me out to lunch and we talked at lunch, this was not what I was expecting.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you were working in a team and one member wasnt participating properly?   Answer Question

Retirement Actuarial Intern Interview

Retirement Actuarial Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Buck Consultants.

Interview Details – Initially a phone interview followed by a corporate visit. Corporate visit was 4 or 5 back to back interviews with two people at a time. They were very helpful in answering all of my questions.

Interview Question – They asked situational questions, like what I would do if there was a project conflict and a short deadline.   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Buck Consultants in December 2011.

Interview Details – Got an email from a recruiter regarding my application to set up a time for a phone interview. A few days later had a 45 minute phone interview which went well, and a few days after that got an email asking me to come in to the office for an interview.

The interview consisted of a 20 minute conversation with the office manager, 5 or 6 30 minute interviews with some senior and junior actuaries, and a wrap up with the manager.

I was told I'd hear back in about 2 weeks. A month went by with nothing, I emailed the recruiter, and he said I didn't get the offer.

Interview Question – What got you interested in taking actuarial exams?   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Pharmacy Technician
Framingham, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Buck Consultants in May 2010.

Interview Details – Very simple. They want to know that you are a worker, will show up on time and wont try to steal anything. Background check and drug test are more important than the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. Full benefits yet ridgid hourly pay.

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Buck Consultants in December 2010.

Interview Details – Had several phone interviews. First with internal recruiting, then face-to-face with hiring manager, then with members of the local office and finally another phone interview, all over four a month period.

Interview Question – How do you plan to build business.   View Answer

New York, NY

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Buck Consultants in December 2010.

Interview Details – I met with two people in HR at a college internship fair. The first round was on campus. I was interviewed by two people from the company. It was an interesting interview in that they had no specific questions but rather let me guide the conversation. For the second round interview I was interviewed by three people one-on-one with fairly standard questions and then I had a lunch interview with two of the more recent employees.

Interview Question – So what do you know about our company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Buck Consultants

Worked for Buck Consultants? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Buck Consultants interview questions and advice. All 20 interview reviews posted anonymously by Buck Consultants employees and interview candidates.