Buckeye International, Inc.

Updated Dec 1, 2014
Updated Dec 1, 2014

2.8

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Buckeye International, Inc..

I applied through a job board. Two phone interviews and one in person interview. Standard questions about background and aspirations. Dress sharp this company wants you in a suit and tie pretty much every day.

Interview Questions
    • How much do you know about Cleaning Chemicals or polymers?   Answer Question

Field Sales Representative/Sales Management Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Buckeye International, Inc. in October 2014.

I attended a career fair at my University and Buckeye was one of the booths I stopped at. I had never heard of them before, but ended being very interested in their Sales Management Program. The GM contacted me about a week after the career fair and I interviewed at his office. After that, I had a phone interview with someone from their corporate office.

Interview Questions
    My GM was upfront with the salary, bonuses, benefits, etc.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Buckeye International, Inc..

Pretty standard interview questions:

"What are your hobbies?"
    "How would you describe yourself in three words?"
    "Explain a moment of failure and how you reacted to it"

Buckeye primarily sells to large government or corporate companies. This isn't a cold-call sales job. Make sure you know that going in, and definitely don't ask. You will get lectured.

Interview Questions
    • No particular question was difficult, but trying not to yawn was probably the hardest part.   Answer Question

I was going to be selling wood-finish to elementary schools.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Buckeye International, Inc..

Interview several times by phone with HR and local GM. Once pass phone interview then you will meet with local GM

No negotiations.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Buckeye International, Inc. in July 2012.

I applied on my university's job board and got a call back a week later. Went in for an interview with the gm and the sales manager, then did a phone interview with the national sales manager. Finally a week later I did my final interview. I started 2 weeks after my final interview. I was told after my 1st interview that my facial hair was unprofessional so for the 2nd interview I showed up clean shaved.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to prove that my work ethic would be more than what my GPA represented   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Buckeye International, Inc. in April 2010.

I interviewed 3 times. The General manager got me really excited about the opportunities with Buckeye. He was very professional and easy to talk to. The phone interview was repetitive but was good. I showed up early and the General manager was ready for me. Great Interview

No negotiating. They laid everything out in Black and white

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Buckeye International, Inc. in June 2009.

There were two one-on-one interviews. One with the Sales Manager and one with the General Manager. They asked basic interview questions and shared what the position was about. They were very up front about what the position was about. I conducted one phone interview with their training department at their corporate office.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think are the most important skills to be successful in sales?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Buckeye International, Inc. in May 2012.

The office was old and kind of smelled, but person doing interview was very nice

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Buckeye International, Inc. in August 2011.

This was a one on one process. The General Manager call and set the interview. I then got an email with a map to the interview. The General Manager at this location was ready with print outs to answer all my questions. He set up a followup telephone interview. I called St Louis and had a 30 minute interview with the training department. Then the General Manager called me back and I had a final interview.

Interview Questions
    The salary was set for the training phase. The salary was differt for differt parts of the country.

Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Buckeye International, Inc. in September 2009.

The interviewer was 45 minuets late for the interview then went through the responsibilities and what not, took about 45 minuetes then he went into pay which was pathetic to say the least. a 50 a month driving allowance for a field sales position where you use your own vehicleis pathetic