Buckeye International, Inc.

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Buckeye International, Inc..

Interview Details – Pretty standard interview questions:

"What are your hobbies?"
"How would you describe yourself in three words?"
"Explain a moment of failure and how you reacted to it"

Buckeye primarily sells to large government or corporate companies. This isn't a cold-call sales job. Make sure you know that going in, and definitely don't ask. You will get lectured.

Interview Question – No particular question was difficult, but trying not to yawn was probably the hardest part.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was going to be selling wood-finish to elementary schools.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Outside Sales Representative
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Buckeye International, Inc. in July 2012.

Interview Details – I applied on my university's job board and got a call back a week later. Went in for an interview with the gm and the sales manager, then did a phone interview with the national sales manager. Finally a week later I did my final interview. I started 2 weeks after my final interview. I was told after my 1st interview that my facial hair was unprofessional so for the 2nd interview I showed up clean shaved.

Interview Question – I was asked to prove that my work ethic would be more than what my GPA represented   Answer Question

Sales Representative

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Buckeye International, Inc..

Interview Details – Interview several times by phone with HR and local GM. Once pass phone interview then you will meet with local GM

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Buckeye International, Inc. in April 2010.

Interview Details – I interviewed 3 times. The General manager got me really excited about the opportunities with Buckeye. He was very professional and easy to talk to. The phone interview was repetitive but was good. I showed up early and the General manager was ready for me. Great Interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiating. They laid everything out in Black and white

Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Buckeye International, Inc. in June 2009.

Interview Details – There were two one-on-one interviews. One with the Sales Manager and one with the General Manager. They asked basic interview questions and shared what the position was about. They were very up front about what the position was about. I conducted one phone interview with their training department at their corporate office.

Interview Question – What do you think are the most important skills to be successful in sales?   Answer Question

Sales Representative

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Buckeye International, Inc. in May 2012.

Interview Details – The office was old and kind of smelled, but person doing interview was very nice

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness   Answer Question

Sales Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Buckeye International, Inc. in August 2011.

Interview Details – This was a one on one process. The General Manager call and set the interview. I then got an email with a map to the interview. The General Manager at this location was ready with print outs to answer all my questions. He set up a followup telephone interview. I called St Louis and had a 30 minute interview with the training department. Then the General Manager called me back and I had a final interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – The salary was set for the training phase. The salary was differt for differt parts of the country.

Very Easy Interview

Sales Interview

Sales

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Buckeye International, Inc. in September 2009.

Interview Details – The interviewer was 45 minuets late for the interview then went through the responsibilities and what not, took about 45 minuetes then he went into pay which was pathetic to say the least. a 50 a month driving allowance for a field sales position where you use your own vehicleis pathetic

Interview Question – Nothing really hard at all   Answer Question

Worked for Buckeye International, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!