Bucks County Community College

Relevance Date Difficulty

Counseling Intern In Student Services Interview

Counseling Intern In Student Services
Newtown, PA

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Bucks County Community College.

Interview Details – A very thorough interview process, with many thought-provoking questions. None of the questions were designed to 'trip you up' however. Prepare by knowing the mission of the school and research information about the department. Felt comfortable because I prepared well, plus the supervisors I spoke with were genuine and kind.

Interview Question – "Could you please give us three adjectives to describe yourself and your work approach?" (I know that might sound easy enough, but just have three good ones ready for yourself just in case!)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation available.

Computer Lab Assistant Interview

Computer Lab Assistant
Newtown, PA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Bucks County Community College in August 2012.

Interview Details – I received the interview by referral of a current employee, was directed to call the department head then an in person interview was scheduled for later that week. Interview was held in the department heads office to begin with then we traveled to the lab to meet with more staff and check out the lab.

Interview Question – I was "over-quallified" for the position so no questions so no questions were difficult. My background previous to this position was in education and I had a lot of experience with student interaction. For applicants with out previous experience with students may have difficulty answering questions regarding students.   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Coordinator
Newtown, PA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bucks County Community College in July 2010.

Interview Details – Contacted within 2 days of applying. Phone interview set up for following week. Interview consisted of four questions, with little opportunity for me to highlight strengths. Told finalists would be contacted within a week, and to assume I was not selected for next stage if not contacted , and not to contact HR or the hiring manager. Since I have had been in situations where "next week" turned into several months, I asked when it might be appropriate to follow up and was told not to. I found it impossible to "read" how my responses were received, and I was given no indication one way or the other whether I would make the cut to the next stage. Since I have not heard back, I assume I didn't make the cut, despite having credentials for the particular job that few others were likely to have (perhaps why I was contacted two days after submitting my application). This leads my to speculate whether the decision was already made to promote an internal candidate, and that the phone interview was pro forma.

Interview Question – How would you handle Situation X?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Bucks County Community College? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bucks County Community College interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Bucks County Community College employees and interview candidates.