Buddy's Home Furnishings

2 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative Position Interview

Customer Service Representative Position

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Buddy's Home Furnishings in May 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online. I received a call two days later asking me to come in for an interview sat down with the store manager. Asked a lot of basic questions. Informed me that I needed to interview with another manager at another store. After the interview was over I went to the other store, met with the manager who then asked me the same questions. We went over salary, hours, benefits etc. Told me that they had to do background check and drug test.

Interview Question – Why shouldn't we hire you?   Answer Question

Collection Manager Interview

Collection Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Buddy's Home Furnishings in June 2011.

Interview Details – Answered email. An appointment for an interview was set up. I interviewed with store manager for about 1.5 hrs. The interview was just about normal thoughts and ideas. Was told what the job consisted of and then offered job. Just be yourself. The biggest misconception was that you were not told how much time would be involved in the actual repossesion of furniture. The store closed at 7:00 pm and there were many times we would finish until close to 10pm. You were paid the overtime, but it did get old. You should take into consideration that you are going to work 50-60 hours with no saturdays off.

Interview Question – Do you mind working 50 hours a week.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was told the starting pay would be $11.00 hr. Your job is going to entail alot of phone calls for collection of past due accounts. Part of the job includes going to the customer house and make collections or pick up the furniture. This can be physically demanding .

Worked for Buddy's Home Furnishings? Contribute to the Community!