Buffalo Exchange Cashier Interview Questions

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Buffalo Exchange (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2013.

Interview

Three interview process. First interview I was asked about my past jobs, what job I liked best and why, good customer service experiences, bad customer service experiences, etc. Filled out a paper asking to check off adjectives I felt described me. They asked about my style and where I shop, how I learn about upcoming fashion, what trends I've noticed this year and how they differ from the previous year. Then they showed me pieces of clothing and asked if I would pass or buy them in if I were a buyer. The second interview I was asked to pick from the racks 3 pieces I though would sell fast, 3 I thought would sell slowly and 3 I thought would not sell and explain my choices. The third interview was a run down of the position and after they offered me the job I was asked to sit and read a huge manual.

Interview Questions

• What do you see as recent fashion trends and what do you see as trends from last year that are no longer in style?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There's no negotiation, cashiers start at $8.95 per hour.

Other Interview Reviews for Buffalo Exchange

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Buffalo Exchange (Boston, MA).

Interview

I went into the store and applied in person by filling out a quick form that asked for my previous employers, how I had heard about Buffalo exchange, etc. They called me about 3 days later, and asked me to come in for an in-person interview. I was informed that Buffalo Exchange's hiring process consisted of three in-person interviews, which seemed very excessive for a low-paying cashier position. In the first two interviews, I was asked a multitude of questions, many of which I could not see the need for considering the position. The third interview was basically asking if my availability had changed and a job offer.

Interview Questions

• What fashion media do you follow? TV, blogs, magazines, etc.   Answer Question
    • Describe your personal fashion sense.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you have received excellent customer service? What is a time you have received poor customer service?   Answer Question
    • How does this position fit into you future plans?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary is non-negotiable, and for part-time you are required to be available for at least 3 8 hour days, including one weekend day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Buffalo Exchange (Phila, PA) in February 2013.

Interview

The interview is set up into three phases, the third interview is actually a full work day which kinda of sucks. In all of the interviews they asked me a lot of questions about fashion and fashion trends. Most of the interviews are done with two managers, however before I left they were doing interviews with only one person interviewing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None.

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Buffalo Exchange (Brooklyn, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

The manger said their hiring but even for a part-time position you have to work 8 hours 3 days a week.

Interview Questions

• Are you available to work 8 hours 3 days a week   1 Answer