Buffalo Wild Wings Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

1.9

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Buffalo Wild Wings.

Interview

I filled out an application online, then went to the store to submit my resume and let the manager know I completed an application. He then scheduled me for an interview within the next couple days. Interview was informal yet still felt like it was to be taken seriously. I met with the assistant general manager. He asked me about myself and we talked a little about my recent job (I was Active Duty and so was his sister, so we compared careers). He then asked some questions pertaining to the job. Afterwards he asked about my availability (I was attending school and he wanted to be sure he could work around my schedule). At the end of the interview he asked when I wanted to start. It was about an hour long, and by the end I had a job. Very efficient.

Interview Questions

• Describe a professional experience where I made a bad judgment call and what did I do afterwards to fix it/try to fix it?   Answer Question
    • He gave a typical situation where a customer was being difficult and asked how I would handle it and at what point I would get a manager?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Buffalo Wild Wings.

Interview

Filled out an application and was called in pretty quickly for an interview with a manager. It was a pretty laid-back interview. The manager asked me way more questions about scheduling and availability than about my skill set or past work experience. The whole process was very quick because they were looking to fill some positions right away so I think it was only a week or so from application to start date.

Server/Waiter Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Buffalo Wild Wings.

Interview

2 face to face meetings. Ask about your experience and provide the opportunity for the interviewee to understand more about the company's mission and core values. The second interview is meeting the location's general manager.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Secaucus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Buffalo Wild Wings (Secaucus, NJ) in August 2015.

Interview

Quick, job basics were explained, cut straight to the point, if you can't handle the people not the job for you. Explained calling out/sick day notices and what will get you terminated. Very serious company, you should be dedicated.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Buffalo Wild Wings (West Lafayette, IN) in August 2015.

Interview

I had an employee referral, which I had to fill out on the employee application online. It was a basic application. I received a call the day after I had filled out my application with a request for an interview. I had the interview the next week. I received a call three days after the interview with a job offer for a serving position.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union City, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Buffalo Wild Wings (Union City, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Fairly simple, submitted application online and had a walk-in interview later that week. As long as you have some management or restaurant experience you should be fine. I sat down and talked with the general manager for about 30 minutes with positive results and then scheduled a meeting with higher ups to confirm.

Interview Questions

• (if coming from another industry) What have you leaned from your past employment that can help you to do your job here?   Answer Question

Hostess/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Buffalo Wild Wings (Morgantown, WV) in August 2015.

Interview

You have to go on work4BWW.com which I didn't know about at first, I called got an interview right away both interviews were less than 10 minutes & I got the job!

Cashier/Greeter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hickory, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Buffalo Wild Wings (Hickory, NC) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and within a week or so they called me to schedule an interview, for the next week. I went and talked to the woman and she asked a few questions and said she liked me and was hiring me, then told me orientation is monday to fill out paperwork. She had us sit in a back corner, got interrupted a few times, but we really hit it off. I'm excited and can't wait to start!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Buffalo Wild Wings (Harrisburg, PA).

Interview

Pass the Alcohol serving test which takes more than 3 hours, speak with manager then with general manager. IT takes 6 days for training, you get to try all of the sauces ans seasonings for the wings

Interview Questions

• How do you handle pressure? Explain your past experiences which required you to work as a team? Strengths and Weaknesses.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Buffalo Wild Wings.

Interview

Applied online for a server position and then got a call about a week or less later. Scheduled an interview and went in dressed in a cardigan, and black skirt, armed with letters of recommendation and copies of my resume. Walked in and the manager sat me down in a table in the middle of the restaurant. It was fairly easy and I was offered the job right after we finished talking, despite having no waitress experience.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you experienced great customer service at a restaurant   Answer Question
    • What is most important about being a server?   Answer Question
    • How do you approach problems? Looking at the big picture or breaking it down?   Answer Question
    • Why should we hire you?   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you had to face change and how you were successful   Answer Question