Buffalo Wild Wings

Updated Jan 23, 2015
Updated Jan 23, 2015

2.0

Guest Experience Captain Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Buffalo Wild Wings.

They called me the day after I applied and I got an interview the next day. It was very casual, we sat at one of the booths in the restaurant and discussed my experiences and the typical situation-based questions. Pretty easy interview and it was a positive experience for me.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a manager you really liked and why   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you made a mistake and what you did to fix it   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you were working in a group setting and things weren't working out and what you did to fix it   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time a customer was rude to you and how you reacted   Answer Question
    They called me and said they'd like to offer me a position, told me the hourly rate and asked if I could start orientation 2 days later.

Server/Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Buffalo Wild Wings in January 2015.

One interview was offered position. Very friendly management. They look for upbeat, positive, leader type personalities. Knowledge of sports is helpful but not a must. Coworkers work together and get along great

Hostess Interview

Applied online and was asked to come in for an interview a week or two later. There were about 10 other people who were also going to be interviewed, and you are called based on who gets there first. The interview was extremely laid back and he asked a few open ended questions. If they like you you'll most likely be hired on the spot and asked to go to orientation later that week.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself, why would you like to work here, do you enjoy sports   Answer Question

Server Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Buffalo Wild Wings.

Basically they ask you what you can bring to the table , ask your work history and how many times would be acceptable if late or absent .They like a person that is flexible with hours and someone they can depend on.

Aren't able to negotiate

Server/Bartender Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Buffalo Wild Wings.

Was an easy interview, consists of an on the spot mock table greet, information on the company and then was asked to set up a second interview with the GM the GM was professional. Typical serving interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe an event with an unhappy guest. What did you do to solve the issue.   Answer Question

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Buffalo Wild Wings.

After initial application was submitted they called back within a week. Pretty easy interview, they just want you to be able to work with the public and take a sense of pride in what you are doing. They realize you do not have to be a rocket scientist to work there----though they do expect punctuality and hard work.

Interview Questions
    • Can't really remember anything being too complicated. General interview questions.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiating. They pay based on minimum wage rules and regulations and the rest you make in tips.

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Buffalo Wild Wings in December 2014.

I went through 2 interviews, one with the house manager and another with the General Manager. They were both pretty short, about 10 and 20 minutes each. Really nice people, after my second interview, they said they needed to call both my references and they did just that. so make sure you have great references. The references can make or break you.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a past experience in the hospitality industry that went bad, and how did you handle it?
      Feel like this question is important, don't say that you've never done anything wrong!

Answer Question

Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied in-person – interviewed at Buffalo Wild Wings in December 2014.

Filled out application there at the restaurant, every employee staring, kinda felt awkward. Waited about a week to be called. Had an interview that lasted about 2 min and was told I would be called later in that evening or the following morning. Still no call and manager is always busy.

Interview Questions
    • If I had any previous experience cooking and for how long   View Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Online multiple. Questions. You get through the online screening process and would be contacted if there is an interest. Then the next step is to report to a franchise for an interview by manager.

Interview Questions
    • Give me 5 adjectives that describe you.   View Answer

Guest Experience Captain Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Buffalo Wild Wings.

I applied online and went up to the restaurant asking if they received my application. I got an interview on the spot after they pulled my app. The interview was really casual. He asked what my favorite sport and sports teams were, my availability, and gave a few "if this happened, what would you do" type scenarios. Asked why I wanted to work there, etc. I came for a 2nd interview 2 days later and we negotiated my salary and discussed what I would be doing. Also set up a time for orientation.

Interview Questions
    Salary. I would recommend looking up what the average salary is before you go. I was surprised when he asked and settled for 8. I looked it up after, and the average for GEC is 12.