Buffalo Wild Wings Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2014
Updated Oct 16, 2014

2.0

Hostess/Server Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Buffalo Wild Wings.

The hiring process is pretty straight forward. I got a phone call for a in person interview. There are two interviews total. Everyone was very nice and friendly.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are pretty easy and require common sense.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation

Hostess/Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Buffalo Wild Wings.

I filled out an application form and within a month I received a phone call to see if they could interview me for a position. I went through two interviews and got the job. After this, there is an extensive training process to prepare you to work in a fast paced environment involving alcohol consumption. The process was easy and quick as long as you prepare yourself well for the interview.

Interview Questions
    • How would you respond to someone who is very intoxicated and needs to be calmed down.   Answer Question

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Buffalo Wild Wings in June 2014.

I initially applied for the server position and was felines that offer because of the lack of experience in the area, but the hiring manager offered me a line cook position and I accepted. The interview was really chill, he did ask me what I knew about the company and I told him a few basic facts that I found on th web! He said that if everything works out with my position to come to him in six months and ask for a friken raise!!! Like are you kidding me! I swear to you guys this was the easiest interview I have ever had!

Interview Questions
    I didn't really negotiate because of my fear of being declined an offer, but later on in my employment I will ask to get promoted to an cashier position.

Server and Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Buffalo Wild Wings.

I did an online application. I got a call the next morning for a interview. I did well and was set up for interview #2. Both Interviews were no longer than 10mins.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Buffalo Wild Wings in May 2014.

I applied first Thursday of May 2014, received a call back that next Monday, Interview scheduled that Thursday. The interview was very quick only about 5 minutes long, and was very laidback. I had only 2+ years of experience, but it helped tremendously. I have 2nd interview this Sunday. Manager basically told me I got the job though.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were the usual, Why do you want to work at Buffalo Wild Wings, Name a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Guest Experience Captain Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Buffalo Wild Wings in May 2014.

You must apply through Snagajob.com, and typically managers will check these daily. Make sure to apply to any locations near you. If they like your resume or application they will call to schedule an interview. Typically the people who work at BDubs are laid back and really genuine, so don't be nervous. That's not to say to bring anything less than your A game. BDubs is a restaurant centered around sports and the connectedness and friendly competition it brings. If you are outgoing and love people then you're perfect for the role as a GEC! I did one interview and the was asked to come back the next day, and was offered the job. If you get an offer take it! this position is literally the BEST job EVER.

Interview Questions
    • None! The interview felt more like a meeting than a one sided job interview. Super chill and beneficial for both parties.   Answer Question

Employee Relations Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden Valley, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden Valley, MN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Buffalo Wild Wings in May 2014.

I can't say enough positive things about the interview process and how I was treated. First, I was phone screened. The phone screen included some of the standard stuff: overview of the job and a review of my work history. However, in addition, the screener asked a few questions that gave me some good insight on what the role entailed. This was important because it helped to solidify my interest in the role. The next day, I was contacted and told they wanted to bring me back for in-person interviews. The first round was three 1:1 interviews. These each lasted one hour. I was told they'd be back in touch either way, and the following week they contacted me to schedule another round. The second round was two 1:1 interviews. After another week, they reached out to let me know that they'd moved forward with another candidate.

I was never left hanging and never had to call back to see where they were in the process. These considerations were huge for me.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever been asked to do anything that you morally had an issue with?   View Answer

Cashier/Greeter Interview

I only had one interview and was hired on the spot. He had me come in that weekend for an orientation and that was it.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were pretty easy. He just went over my application with me and my availability. The most in depth question was why do you want to work here.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Buffalo Wild Wings.

I walked into BWW wearing business casual, asked to apply for a job, and received the information to apply online. After applying online, I called to inform them my application was done in order to set up an interview. BWW is supposed to have a two interview process. I walked in for my interview, was asked the basic, why do you want to work here, what is your work ethic like, how do you feel about being late to work ,etc, and then was told, well we usually do two interviews, but I knew I was going to hire you as soon as you asked for the job. During the training process I was told "When it comes to sexual harassment and stuff, just remember it's a restaurant, people like to joke, don't take it seriously. You know what I'm saying?"

Interview Questions
    • There are no difficult questions. Just go in dressed well and you've pretty much got the job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Buffalo Wild Wings in April 2014.

It took place at a job fair; pretty straight forward. They gave me their expectations and we went from there. They were nice and friendly. I spoke to three managers until I reached the head manager. He was very to the point. Overall the interview process was simply and fast.

Interview Questions
    • What is my biggest weakness; but i expected that question   Answer Question