Buffalo Wild Wings

Updated Dec 10, 2014
Updated Dec 10, 2014

2.0

Server Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Buffalo Wild Wings in October 2014.

Process took 3 weeks. First interview was a brief look at application. Second interview was with serving manager, fairly easy. Third interview was with General Manager. I was asked one or two question then he talked about availability then i was hired on spot.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. 3.63 a hour + tips.

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Buffalo Wild Wings in October 2014.

Went and applied as a server, told me I was over qualified for every position. Later told me how they wanted me to work as a cook/cashier/hostess. Said they loved to have me work there. Called for an interview the same day I applied for the job, had an interview the next day at 2 pm.

Interview Questions
    Asked what postion I would like and how many hours and said they would do the best they could.

Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chino Hills, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chino Hills, CA

Easy interview! It was like on of the most easiest interview I had in my life. The managers goes about your past experiences and I got interviewed twice. Before I got the job. Very simple just be honest about your work and yourself

Interview Questions
    • can you tell me a time where a customer was upset about something. how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Buffalo Wild Wings Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moorestown, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moorestown, NJ

Submitted an application and was called 2 days later for an interview. Interview was for a new restaurant opening in the area. They were very laid back, asked general resume questions. Manager even asked me what my first legal drink was. It was only one interview and I was hired on the spot, was told to come to orientation 3 days later.

Interview Questions
    I asked for a start of 9 dollars and it was given to me gladly with promise of future raises. Very negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cookeville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cookeville, TN

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Buffalo Wild Wings.

I went through three interviews- the Front of House manager is your first gatekeeper. They are a server's direct supervisor. They determine if you advance to assistant manager and from there, the GM who makes the final hiring decision. It took two months for an interview call to come in so they really do keep applications on file and review them when hiring is needed.

Interview Questions
    • What are your weaknesses? Server weaknesses can make or break your interview so I hate this question.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. It's your run of the mill server pay of $2.13 an hour.

Greeter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Berlin, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Berlin, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Buffalo Wild Wings in September 2014.

I filled out the application online. About 2 weeks later I received a call for an interview. I went in and met with 2 managers. The interview was very laid back which I liked. It was more like talking about things rather than being peppered with questions. After the interview, the 2nd manager said they approved me, and someone would call in a few days. 3 days later I was called and offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you worked well under pressure? Give an example of a time you did more than was necessary?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

BWW has an online submission through their home website, so I figured my resume would probably never be seen. After submitting the resume I didn't hear back for about a month, but after that everything went really quickly. They have a quick turn around between interview rounds, and got back to me in less then a week to let me know I had the job.

Interview Questions
    • Have you had to deal with group conflict before, and if so how did you work it out?   Answer Question

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Buffalo Wild Wings in August 2014.

applied online, was called that day to schedule an interview. Interview also same day. Interview was about 6 questions and they said they would call me back tomorrow after they called my two references to schedule a second interview. No call the following day to schedule a second interview, hired the next day after that.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of how you dealt with an unhappy customer.   Answer Question
    no necotiations

Server/Bartender Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Buffalo Wild Wings in August 2014.

Went into the store to speak with manager about if they were hiring. Went home and filled out the online application. Received a phone call to come in for an interview with a floor manager. On that same day I was asked to stay and have an interview with the general manager. Was hired on the spot and told them I could complete the orientation process that same day. Went home and waited a week and a half to be called in for training.

Cashier/Greeter Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Buffalo Wild Wings in July 2014.

I applied online to the BWW in the town I was moving to for college. About two weeks later I got a call asking if I could come in for an interview the following week. I went there on that Monday and he asked general questions like why do I want to work for BWW and do I have any favorite sports/teams. He emphasized that NFL was the major focus for them.