Build-A-Bear Chief Workshop Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

3.2

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dayton, OH
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Build-A-Bear in June 2012.

4 or 5 interviews over a period of a month. Hugely stressful when job seeking to avoid double-booking. There were also a series of tests that had to be taken which seemed easy to pass with a little common sense.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing too hard- management questions that were easy to handle.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Build-A-Bear

Chief Workshop Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Build-A-Bear in August 2010.

I was recruited and they didn't have many other options. So it was pretty easy aside from a test.

Interview Questions
    • Do you thrive under pressure? How would you coach an underperformer?   Answer Question
    They are paying less and less and their payroll is shrinking. I think I was one of the last ones to get a really great salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Build-A-Bear.

First Interview is by phone. Most questions are the standard answer, straight from the page type.
    Second was with the District manager(bearatory leader) and another exec. Questions are more detailed and give you a chance to interject how you handle things.
    Final interview was with a local Store manager and is just a formality, The next step is a series of Psychological exams.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. All interviewers seemed very inexperienced. The most important thing is to act like a cheerleader the whole time.   Answer Question
    I gave them a very narrow range and they offered me the lower. I countered with the higher and they made that offer.

Anonymous Employee  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Build-A-Bear in April 2009.

it was weird

Chief Workshop Manager Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Build-A-Bear.

Work through a set list of questions, you will have a telephone screening interview or what you think is a general chat but the interviewer is looking for key things between 2-3 face to face interviews, a battery of tests that will take between 4-6 hours, once that is reviewed unknown to the candidate it goes to a review board in the USA where the trading manger or managing director plus the area manger will go over the interviews you have had with them, plus your test results! If you measure up you will then be offered a position! (Be prepared for the long haul on the interview process!)

Interview Questions
    • Usually things like explain a time where you have negatively impacted on your team .. Usually throws candidates .. Because they don't want to admit that they ever have.. But if you acknowledge you have and the way you rectified it and learned from it you will get major brownie points!   Answer Question
    Gave me a couple of days to accept the offer, they offered me more than I was expecting so no negotiation required.

Worked for Build-A-Bear? Contribute to the Community!