Build-A-Bear Chief Workshop Manager Interview Questions

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Build-A-Bear (Nashville, TN).

Interview

First Interview is by phone. Most questions are the standard answer, straight from the page type. Second was with the District manager(bearatory leader) and another exec. Questions are more detailed and give you a chance to interject how you handle things. Final interview was with a local Store manager and is just a formality, The next step is a series of Psychological exams.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. All interviewers seemed very inexperienced. The most important thing is to act like a cheerleader the whole time.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I gave them a very narrow range and they offered me the lower. I countered with the higher and they made that offer.

Other Interview Reviews for Build-A-Bear

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Build-A-Bear (Dayton, OH) in June 2012.

Interview

4 or 5 interviews over a period of a month. Hugely stressful when job seeking to avoid double-booking. There were also a series of tests that had to be taken which seemed easy to pass with a little common sense.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too hard- management questions that were easy to handle.   Answer Question

Chief Workshop Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Build-A-Bear in August 2010.

Interview

I was recruited and they didn't have many other options. So it was pretty easy aside from a test.

Interview Questions

• Do you thrive under pressure? How would you coach an underperformer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They are paying less and less and their payroll is shrinking. I think I was one of the last ones to get a really great salary.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Build-A-Bear (Miami, FL) in April 2009.

Interview

it was weird

Chief Workshop Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Build-A-Bear.

Interview

Work through a set list of questions, you will have a telephone screening interview or what you think is a general chat but the interviewer is looking for key things between 2-3 face to face interviews, a battery of tests that will take between 4-6 hours, once that is reviewed unknown to the candidate it goes to a review board in the USA where the trading manger or managing director plus the area manger will go over the interviews you have had with them, plus your test results! If you measure up you will then be offered a position! (Be prepared for the long haul on the interview process!)

Interview Questions

• Usually things like explain a time where you have negatively impacted on your team .. Usually throws candidates .. Because they don't want to admit that they ever have.. But if you acknowledge you have and the way you rectified it and learned from it you will get major brownie points!   Answer Question

Negotiation

Gave me a couple of days to accept the offer, they offered me more than I was expecting so no negotiation required.