Build-A-Bear

Build-A-Bear Interview Questions in Saint Louis, MO

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Develobear Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Build-A-Bear in August 2012.

Spoke with an HR person over the phone, then I came in and took a short personality test. I passed that then spoke to the hiring manager and the business area manager. Later I came back for an interview with the CIO (he was not available the first time I came in), then I was scheduled for a 6 hour psychological evaluation which I took that weekend. 2 business days later I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • The entire psych profile. A little intimitating to know you have shrinks evaluating every answer you give.   Answer Question
    They asked me my desired salary and I gave them a range equally above and below what I was really wanting. To my surprise, they came in right at the center (where I wanted). Most companies will come in at the very bottom. They even threw in a few extra honey days (PTO days) for me than the norm. I accepted verbally immediately and received the written offer a few days later.

IT Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I interviewed with the HR Recuiter on the phone first. Then came in and interviewed with HR, the team lead, and the director the first interview. I then came back and interviewed with the CIO and CEO the second interview. Then I took a psych eval.

Interview Questions
    • If you saw an employee stealing money and you knew they needed money for essentials would you report them?   Answer Question
    They do not negotiate time off. I negotiated the salary through the HR recruiter. The negotiation phase took only one day and was painless.

Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Build-A-Bear in January 2008.

Had a phone interview first. Mainly just setup the in person interview. I was interviewed by the HR person and then the Manager. Then I was asked to come back after hours and interview with the CFO. The HR and Manager went well. Asked questions about my history. The interview with the CFO was horrible. She made me feel inadequate, she questioned my choices in my history, just made me feel horrible about myself. I left there crying and feeling like I bombed the interview. Strangely enough I got the job.