Build-A-Bear Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 3, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Temecula, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Build-A-Bear (Temecula, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview, there was eight people in total in the group interview. The manager had us walk outside of the store and we had the interview outside of the store. It was in the mall so we were in the walkway of the mall. Not blocking anyone though. The manager told us to do the chicken dance, and then after the dance he asked us questions. You weren't forced to answer very single one he asked but it just looks better when you do. He asked us five questions in total. After he's done asking us the questions he asked if there were any questions for him. After that he just lets you go. And he said you would get a call in a week.

Interview Questions

• Was there ever a big mistake in your life what was it and what did you learn from t?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Build-A-Bear

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Build-A-Bear.

Interview

I had a seasonal position so they gave me the minimal hours. But I had a great team of coworkers! They're really flexible with school hours as well and considerate with wanting days off

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Build-A-Bear (Anaheim, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied on a Tuesday and got an email the next week at noon telling me to come in on Tuesday or Thursday for a group interview at 4:30. Since it was Tuesday and I had some free time I decided to just get changed and go the same day. When I got there they handed me an application and sent me outside to fill it out with the rest of the candidates. Then we were taken around to the side of the store where they told us what Build a Bear's policies are, including hair and nail colors (only natural shades because they're on Disney property). They had us do a skit with a bear and since there were only six of us we worked together to create a story around the bear in under 10 mins while he looked over our applications. It was a lot of fun. After the skit we were called one by one for an overview of our app and then sent upstairs to do a personality quiz basically making sure we wouldn't steal or do drugs on the job. After completing it I informed them I was done and they told me they'd call me possibly the same day to tell me if I got the job. They never called me though and it's been 2 or more weeks since then, so that was a bit unprofessional. I could've handled the rejection!

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Build-A-Bear.

Interview

The interview process began as a phone call, and then I had an in person interview that lasted about 30 minutes. I also had to take a personality test online. The people were really nice, and overall enjoyed to expereince

Interview Questions

• If you were a tree, what would you grow? (it can be anything!)   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Build-A-Bear in January 2015.

Interview

I applied to build a bear online and was contacted by email the day after. The interview was a group interview with 9 other people. There were 9 girls including myself and 1 boy. The interviewers were very cheerful and they asked us questions that pertained to the store. They asked us about our experiences with kids, they asked us to sing a song, and they asked us other things.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an angry parent or an angry child?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Braintree, MA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Build-A-Bear (Braintree, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a call about a week later to schedule a group interview. The interview was me and two other girls. The interviewer asked us each two or three quick questions and then opened it up for questions about her job. The whole process only took about twenty minutes and was very relaxed. The interview was on a Friday and she said she would contact us by Tuesday to inform us whether or not we got the job.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I attended an interview at the Downtown Disney location. They have open interviews every Tues/Thurs. at 4:30pm.

When you get there, they tell you to wait outside in front of the store on the planters. Then one of the assosicates comes out and takes everyone to the side of the store in the corner between House of Blues. The whole interview took place outside. The girl that interviewed us wasn't the manager, but I think she may be a shift leader or something.

So there were only 6 of us total. All girls. The interviewer, Ashley, introduced herself and talked to us a little bit about the company. We then went around and introduced ourselves, saying our name, favorite color, and what we like to do or any interests. Then, we had to put a skit together. Our scenario was being stuck on an island. While we planned it all out, Ashley called us one by one just to review our apps. She pretty much just discussed our availability since this location has employees stay till 2am. It seemed as if she was trying to fit our schedules into what they were looking for and needed. Then after we all got to talk to her individually, we presented our skit. That was the end of the group interview. She then told us they would review our apps and give us a call.

Lengthy description, but it was a really fun and relaxed experience.

Now my friends and I are all just waiting for a call or something to let us know if we were selected to do the one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us your name, favorite color, and something you like or like to do.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Build-A-Bear (Greenville, SC).

Interview

I applied and got a call the next day to set up a group interview. I got there early so the manager told me I could look around. I watched one employee as she interacted with the customers. Once the manager saw that everyone was there she walked us to the back. She asked use questions based on what was on our written application then asked us what experience we had with children? What kind of ice cream we would consider ourselves as and Why? This one threw me off though. She gave us a scenario to see how we would do. She said she was a grandmother looking for a bear for her grandson, but he is not a fan of superheros and she wanted something that did not cost a lot of money. All three of us had to agree on a bear, clothes, and shoes that was not expensive then one by one tell why we chose it and about how much it would be all together. She showed us how to do a heart ceremony and we had to do one on our own. Over all the interview was fun and easy for my first interview. At the end we shook hands and she said we could leave She said we would get a call in a few days for another interview with another manager. I was asked to stay to take an assessment.

Anonymous Employee in Humble, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Build-A-Bear (Humble, TX).

Interview

I applied online. I got an email in about a week saying that they were having a group interview. They was only one other person there. So we had a very fun interview with the manager. We set for an interview the same day and I went in next week and had an individual interview with the assistant manger. I got a call after 2 weeks, but I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected thing they asked us to do in the group interview was to make a commercial for the store.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Build-A-Bear in September 2014.

Interview

Took them over a month to call me. Interview was a joke. All about who can suck up to the manger the most. It was a group interview that took place in the food court. There were about 15 of us with the manager trying to talk over the food court noise and everyone else. Very unorganized and unprofessional.