Build.com

Relevance Date Difficulty

Hiring Process IS A Joke Interview

Hiring Process IS A Joke
Chico, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Build.com.

Interview Details – Initial phone call, one week later there is an assessment test, one week later a panel interview, one to two weeks later another panel interview, one week later a phone call.

Interview Question – An unexpected question was "Do you know Captain Kirk's birthday date?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't one.

User Experience Developer Interview

User Experience Developer
Chico, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Build.com in March 2012.

Interview Details – Contacted Build after being dissatisfied with previous employer. Had heard good things about the company. The recruiter scheduled me for an interview. I had two interviews, one with recruitment and one with the team. I received and offer soon after.

Interview Question – Pretty straight forward, they are looking for members of a team more importantly than how skilled you are.   Answer Question

Brand Manager Interview

Brand Manager
Chico, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Build.com.

Interview Details – Very few are hired into this position, it is more of a place that someone grows into. 9 out of 10 employees will start as a member of the data team or the call center, it takes probly two years of work to be promoted elsewhere, and the lucky few who show their potential and skills get promoted into brand management, most people go into marketing or some other more specific job.

Interview Question – How would you merchandise a page - this question is key in figuring out if you have potential as a brand manager or not.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – heres your pay, sound good to you?

Product Data Specialist Interview

Product Data Specialist
Chico, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Build.com in May 2011.

Interview Details – My interview was great, I found a way to relate to the people around me. We had a great conversation before the questioning started to break the ice. Everyone in the room seemed very relaxed. Culture is huge here at Build.com and showing a great personality in the interview will aid tremendously in getting an offer.

Interview Question – What are 3 of your weaknesses? Never sure how to answer that one.   View Answer

Vendor Account Manager Interview

Vendor Account Manager
Chico, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Build.com in January 2010.

Interview Details – Online Application, Phone Interview, In person Interview, Drug Screen.

Interview Question – How would you promote the current culture at Build.com   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I let them know my minimum that I could accept and they matched it.

Data Manager Interview

Data Manager
Chico, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Build.com.

Interview Details – I started as a temp and was interviewed by the temp agency. Now the interview process is a little more difficult. A perspective employee will be reviewed by all hiring managers for the position they are applying for. Those who are accepted have a phone screening, and if their phone screening goes well, they get an interview. Usually an offer or refusal is made after one

Interview Question – Be prepared for questions that try to judge who *you* are as a person. The managers at Build really want to see the individual come out in an interview, so occasionally the questions can be pretty random.   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Chico, CA

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Build.com in July 2010.

Interview Details – Easy, smooth and fun. The management at build is great!

Negotiation Details – Don't try.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative
Chico, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Build.com in February 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process first consisted of a phone screening, then I moved into a small group interview. Very personal and was aimed at assessing my personality and drive to succeed at the job. I submitted a typing test, a drug test and then I was offered the job. A very unique and rewarding process.

Interview Questions

• Based on your background, what is it that you are most attracted to about this position.   Answer Question
  • Please tell us how you think you will adjust to this new position.   Answer Question

Product Data Specialist Interview

Product Data Specialist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Build.com.

Interview Details – Usually takes a couple weeks to a month to hear back for a phone screen. Once you get the phone screen takes a couple days for them to schedule an interview. After the interview takes about 3-4 days to hear back on offer and then a few more days for drug and background. Overall great hiring process.

Interview Question – I can't remember a difficult question, they were pretty standard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted what they offered.

Worked for Build.com? Contribute to the Community!