BuildASign.com

BuildASign.com Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BuildASign.com in March 2013.

Applied for the job, and received an email back in just a couple days from their HR department, asking if I would like to set up a phone interview. Had the phone interview the next day, and it was short, approximately 30 minutes. Standard interview questions. Got a call later that evening informing me they'd like to move forward with the interview process, and schedule an in-person interview. They informed me that it would progress as follows (which it did, to the tee): I go to the office, and first thing, take a typing test (56 WPM BABY!). Then, I would sit in with a rep on a few calls, just to get a feel on the content and pace of the job I was applying for. After that, I moved to a conference room and had an interview with a supervisor who I would potentially be working with, as well as an HR specialist. Interview was standard, though I did have a chance to really engage my interviewers and share my thoughts and angle on the job I was applying for, and they were receptive. Interview was on a Friday, and I received an offer of employment the following Monday.

On a side note, I arrived overly early to the interview, and the receptionist took the time to make me feel comfortable, and engage me in conversation, so that I didn't have to stare at the walls. Also, almost every employee that walked through the door (when the receptionist had stepped away) asked if I'd been helped and attempted to assist me. Shows a lot about a group of employees, especially when it's a company that doesn't have a customer-serving storefront or anything. Was very satisfied and impressed by the process from beginning to end.

Interview Questions
  • I think some of the most difficult questions asked in interviews are the lofty, abstract, open-ended questions. One in particular that got me was "What would your current supervisor say is the area you're least strong in?" Now, I'm not arrogant enough to say I couldn't think of anywhere that I needed improvement, but trying to identify particular things that could be better, while relating them simultaneously to my current position and the one I was applying for was more difficult than I would have expected.   View Answer
I didn't negotiate. They made It clear from the start what the starting rate was, and it was just slightly short of what I'd initially asked for. Considering the nature of the position, in conjunction with my excitement upon seeing the company and people, no negotiation was necessary.

Other Interview Reviews for BuildASign.com

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at BuildASign.com in January 2012.

The interviewer was extremely brief and emotionless. He was somewhat rude and not at all personable.

Interview Questions
    • What is a job skill that you feel you do no possess or needs improvement?   Answer Question