BuildASign.com

39 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Giving Program Prospecting Administrator Interview

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BuildASign.com in April 2014.

Interview Details – I had a very positive experience during my hiring process. I submitted my application online on a Thursday afternoon and was contacted the following Monday by the Talent Acquisition Manager via email. We set up a phone interview for that Wednesday afternoon. The phone interview was simple and lasted 10-15 minutes. I spoke with the Talent Acquisition Manager, who was very kind and helpful. She asked me a little about myself and then went into detail about the position. We set up an in-person interview between myself and the Giving Program Manager for that Friday morning.

My in-person interview lasted for about 45 minutes. Overall, I was comfortable throughout the interview and felt that it went well. I tend to get a little nervous when interviewing, but the manager was very kind and professional. We went through my resume and I had the chance to expand upon my prior experience. Then we went through a series of questions, followed by information about the position. I was given a chance at the end to ask questions of my own.

Four days following the interview I was contacted and offered the position. I gladly accepted, and look forward to beginning my time with the team. Throughout the interview/hiring process, everyone who I spoke with was extremely nice. I have mainly been in contact with the Talent Acquisition Manager, and she has been wonderful to work with.

Interview Question – "Pretend that I work for a non-profit. In two sentences, tell me what I should know about the Giving Program and what it offers."   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BuildASign.com.

Interview Details – There was a focus on technical questions with little room at the end for me to ask my own questions. Be prepared to answer questions on how to use various Excel functions.

Interview Question – I was given a scenario involving the marketing team's output and then required to answer how I would approach that problem.   Answer Question

Process Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at BuildASign.com.

Interview Details – The BuildASign team was very thorough and ensured that I met with all of the team. They were honest and were willing to work through the negotiation process. The HR staff were very welcoming and provided all of the information needed to make an informed decision. I met with C level and other individuals I will be working with. I was given detailed tours and they ensured I understood the culture and working environment well. They were really focused on making sure it was a good match for everyone.

Interview Question – The manager I will be reporting to, took me through a lean exercise on the floor to get a good idea of how I think.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated for over a month. I felt it was fair, yet might push some people away that aren't willing to negotiate.

Marketing Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BuildASign.com.

Interview Details – I applied at Buildasign.com through Indeed. I then was contacted for a phone interview with a person in HR. The phone interview was fairly simple. I went into more detail on my background and then was explained a little more about the position. This only lasted about 20 minutes. I then was contacted for an in person interview with my potential manager. This interview was more about my knowledge regarding online marketing. The atmosphere seemed very relaxed yet professional. This interview took about thirty minutes. I was contacted a week later with an offer.

Interview Question – What new trends in online marketing do you see becoming important to the industry?   Answer Question

Giving Program Associate Interview

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BuildASign.com in October 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a talent acquisition specialist for the initial interview, who scheduled the phone interview for a couple days later. The woman I spoke with was very informative and nice, and after the brief 15-20 minute interview let me know that she would like me to come in for an on-site interview. I met with the Giving Program Manager who spent about 60 minutes with me, the time being evenly balanced between my background and work experience and what the expectations of the Giving Program Associate position were. It was another informative interview and I felt very comfortable speaking with the woman conducting it.

My initial on-site interview was on a Thursday and by the following Monday or Tuesday I was invited back for a second round interview. This interview was with a group-- all of the fellow Giving Program Associates, Administrator and Manager. The Director of Culture and Communication also came in at the end. Everyone took turns asking me their unique set of questions. There was a lot of great feedback between everyone and ample time for me to ask my questions.

Interview Question – What is one thing in your job history that you would never want to do again?   Answer Question

Customer Love Representative Interview

Customer Love Representative
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at BuildASign.com.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process went very smoothly. I was first contacted via email by HR to set up a phone interview. The HR representative then called and conducted a short phone interview that consisted of normal questions pertaining to my previous work experience. At the end of the phone interview, I was told that the next step would be a typing test that would be conducted online directly after the phone call ended. Once the results were received by HR, I received an email offering me an in-person interview. The in-person interview consisted of regular interview questions and was conducted by 2 managers. The feel of the work area is like a start-up business. It seems really laid back and like they care about their employees. A few days after my in-person interview, I received an email from HR letting me know that they wanted to place me in their pipeline because they didn't have any open positions at the time. I was in the pipeline for roughly 5 weeks before receiving the phone call that a position had become available and instructing me of the next steps after formally accepting the position.

Interview Question – Typical interview questions about previous work experience and "How would you handle a difficult customer?" type questions.   Answer Question

Customer Love Representative Interview

Customer Love Representative
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at BuildASign.com in August 2013.

Interview Details – After applying for the position, I heard back very promptly via email. A phone interview was scheduled for later that day. It was pretty brief and to the point, full of classic interview questions about my resume and why I'd like to work with the company. An onsite interview was scheduled at the end of the phone interview. The onsite interview started with a tour of the office. I took a typing test and shadowed a current team member for a few phone calls to get an idea of what I'd be doing if offered the position. Following that, I sat down for about an hour with two managers. They asked many customer service based questions, but by the end it really did feel more like a conversation rather than an interview. The onsite interview lasted an hour and a half. Everybody was super warm and friendly, so I felt very at ease through out the entire process.

Interview Question – Tell us about a mistake you made at one of your previous jobs.   View Answer

Online Marketing Associate Interview

Online Marketing Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BuildASign.com in June 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process at BuildASign was easy, informative, and to the point. I was contacted by a recruiter shortly after sending in my resume. The recruiter set up a phone conversation with the two of us and proceeded to schedule an onsite interview for me the following week. I met with two members of the team I would be working under. Both gentlemen were friendly and professional. They started off the interview by asking questions about my background and informed me a little bit more about the company. They ended the interview with harder questions and case study type scenarios. It truly helped me envision what I would be doing in the role I was applying for. They also gave me a tour of the office which I really appreciated!

The recruiter and I connected via email later that afternoon and she informed me of the time frame they were working with. This is extremely helpful when you are in the midst of interviewing for multiple jobs. She told me that I would be contacted either way, and eventually called me the following week to offer me the position. The hiring process at BuildASign was seamless and I have nothing but great things to say about it.

Interview Questions

• Rather than asking where do you see yourself in 5 years ... they asked "Where do you NOT see yourself in 5 years?"   Answer Question
  • "Give us a client (brand or company you currently follow) and let us know how you would sell affiliate marketing to them? How does it benefit them? What would they sell or advertise? How could the deal you're offering be exclusive?"   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at BuildASign.com in June 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for the position through the BuildASign.com website, and was contacted the next day by their recruiter, who helped me schedule a phone interview with a manager from the development team. The phone interview was very short (about half an hour), and covered some basic screening questions on C#, SQL, and general web and programming concepts. He also told me a little about the company and answered some questions I had.

Later that day I received an e-mail asking if I'd be interested in a full interview, and we were able to schedule it for the following week. After arriving, I was given a brief tour of the offices and got introduced around, then sat down for the interview itself. The process lasted about six or seven hours. Everyone was extremely friendly and supportive, but I have to admit that it was a fairly stressful experience. There was nothing inappropriate or unusual about it, it was just long and very thorough.

In the morning there were three one-hour sessions with groups of two interviewers, each one covering a different topic like programming language features, database design and querying, a whiteboard coding problem, design patterns and architecture, and a couple logic puzzles somewhere between brainteasers and "20 questions." They also took an interest in things I had listed on my resume that weren't strictly relevant to the position (and corrected a few misunderstandings!), which was nice.

We then took a break for lunch, which gave me a chance to meet the rest of the development team and just relax a little and have fun. Again, everyone was very friendly and welcoming. The managers gave us some space, and I was encouraged to ask any questions I wanted and "get the dirt" about working for the company.

After lunch there was a series of shorter meetings with senior developers and managers, focusing less on technical questions and more on my interests and goals and the philosophy of the company. I got a tour of the production facility across the street, after which two of the managers sat me down, we did one last puzzle question (which I bombed), and then they went through some of my strengths and weaknesses throughout the day, and surprised me by making an offer. I had to leave quickly to catch my flight, so we worked out the details by e-mail over the weekend.

Interview Question – Strangely, the most difficult and stressful part was the (relatively simple) puzzle game at the very end of the day. At that point I'd been at it for about seven hours and my brain was just fried, and of course when I couldn't figure it out quickly I started fixating on the fact that I couldn't figure it out, and it went downhill from there. So, stay sharp even if it feels like the hard part is over and things are winding down!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They held firm with their initial offer, but it was competitive and so I was happy to accept.

Giving Program Administrator Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at BuildASign.com in June 2013.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by the Program Coordinator, who was very sweet. She was easy to talk to and a very compassionate person. She asked about my background in this type of work, why I wanted to work for the company, what I knew about the company, and if I had any questions about the administrator position or the company in general. She was very pleased that I had done a lot of research about the company, and I could tell that she probably has had interviewees come in who don't know anything about the program or the company in general. In the middle of the interview, the Director of Culture and Communications came in to meet me. She couldn't stay long as they were dealing with a power outage; however, she was very sweet as well.

Interview Question – What is an idea that you have that does not have to do with your professional life?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was initially set up with a phone interview. In the phone interview, I was asked what my pay requirement would be. When I was brought into the on-site interview, there was no additional discussion about the topic. I was hired soon after and told that I would be starting at the wage I had requested during the phone interview.

Interviews for Top Jobs at BuildASign.com

Worked for BuildASign.com? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BuildASign.com interview questions and advice. All 39 interview reviews posted anonymously by BuildASign.com employees and interview candidates.