BuildASign.com Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2014
Updated Jul 16, 2014

2.8

Giving Program Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at BuildASign.com in July 2014.

The interview process was one of the easiest, most pleasant interview processes I have ever dealt with. It was fast and straightforward. I applied online on a Sunday evening, got an e-mail with further information first thing Monday, had a phone interview Wednesday, a second interview Thursday, and a job interview that Friday afternoon. Everyone I worked with during the interview process was so sweet and welcoming, it made me want to be a part of the BuilDASign.com team. Not only was there just a general warm vibe, but also I could tell that everyone really loved their jobs and were passionate about their company.

Interview Questions
    • There was really nothing out of the ordinary. In my opinion, if you are qualified for the specific position, you will know how to answer all of the questions they ask you.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. They were pretty upfront and open about the salary.

IT Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at BuildASign.com.

I was very impressed with the interview process at BuildASign. The process was pretty straightforward. HR first reached out to screen and gage a fit. I then spoke with the Hiring manager who was first very respectful of my crazy schedule with my current position, but then had a very natural conversation about what I was looking for and my background, but also about me personally and the kind of person I am. I really enjoyed coming in and meeting the team. The office space is very open and warm. I came in twice and each time I was there for a long time, but that was because the conversation flowed and everyone was very honest and forthright.

This company is very clearly committed to the culture. I was asked a lot more questions about how I would handle myself vs. my technical background.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really specific, I was asked several questions about how I would approach certain situations.   Answer Question
    Received a more than fair offer. I actually love to negotiate, but felt they put a great offer out and did not feel it was necessary.

Giving Program Prospecting Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BuildASign.com in April 2014.

I had a very positive experience during my hiring process. I submitted my application online on a Thursday afternoon and was contacted the following Monday by the Talent Acquisition Manager via email. We set up a phone interview for that Wednesday afternoon. The phone interview was simple and lasted 10-15 minutes. I spoke with the Talent Acquisition Manager, who was very kind and helpful. She asked me a little about myself and then went into detail about the position. We set up an in-person interview between myself and the Giving Program Manager for that Friday morning.

My in-person interview lasted for about 45 minutes. Overall, I was comfortable throughout the interview and felt that it went well. I tend to get a little nervous when interviewing, but the manager was very kind and professional. We went through my resume and I had the chance to expand upon my prior experience. Then we went through a series of questions, followed by information about the position. I was given a chance at the end to ask questions of my own.

Four days following the interview I was contacted and offered the position. I gladly accepted, and look forward to beginning my time with the team. Throughout the interview/hiring process, everyone who I spoke with was extremely nice. I have mainly been in contact with the Talent Acquisition Manager, and she has been wonderful to work with.

Interview Questions
    • "Pretend that I work for a non-profit. In two sentences, tell me what I should know about the Giving Program and what it offers."   Answer Question

SEO Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at BuildASign.com in April 2014.

I met Katie Conn at a career fair and then was contacted by her several weeks later via email. We set up a phone interview that ended up going very well. Next, I had a one-on-one interview with Barrett Aggers that went just as well.

Interview Questions
    • What do you see yourself doing at the end of the summer?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at BuildASign.com.

There was a focus on technical questions with little room at the end for me to ask my own questions. Be prepared to answer questions on how to use various Excel functions.

Interview Questions
    • I was given a scenario involving the marketing team's output and then required to answer how I would approach that problem.   Answer Question

Process Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at BuildASign.com.

The BuildASign team was very thorough and ensured that I met with all of the team. They were honest and were willing to work through the negotiation process. The HR staff were very welcoming and provided all of the information needed to make an informed decision. I met with C level and other individuals I will be working with. I was given detailed tours and they ensured I understood the culture and working environment well. They were really focused on making sure it was a good match for everyone.

Interview Questions
    • The manager I will be reporting to, took me through a lean exercise on the floor to get a good idea of how I think.   Answer Question
    I negotiated for over a month. I felt it was fair, yet might push some people away that aren't willing to negotiate.

Marketing Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BuildASign.com.

I applied at Buildasign.com through Indeed. I then was contacted for a phone interview with a person in HR. The phone interview was fairly simple. I went into more detail on my background and then was explained a little more about the position. This only lasted about 20 minutes. I then was contacted for an in person interview with my potential manager. This interview was more about my knowledge regarding online marketing. The atmosphere seemed very relaxed yet professional. This interview took about thirty minutes. I was contacted a week later with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What new trends in online marketing do you see becoming important to the industry?   Answer Question

Giving Program Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at BuildASign.com in October 2013.

I was contacted by a talent acquisition specialist for the initial interview, who scheduled the phone interview for a couple days later. The woman I spoke with was very informative and nice, and after the brief 15-20 minute interview let me know that she would like me to come in for an on-site interview. I met with the Giving Program Manager who spent about 60 minutes with me, the time being evenly balanced between my background and work experience and what the expectations of the Giving Program Associate position were. It was another informative interview and I felt very comfortable speaking with the woman conducting it.

My initial on-site interview was on a Thursday and by the following Monday or Tuesday I was invited back for a second round interview. This interview was with a group-- all of the fellow Giving Program Associates, Administrator and Manager. The Director of Culture and Communication also came in at the end. Everyone took turns asking me their unique set of questions. There was a lot of great feedback between everyone and ample time for me to ask my questions.

Interview Questions
    • What is one thing in your job history that you would never want to do again?   Answer Question

Customer Love Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at BuildASign.com.

The hiring and interview process went very smoothly. I was first contacted via email by HR to set up a phone interview. The HR representative then called and conducted a short phone interview that consisted of normal questions pertaining to my previous work experience. At the end of the phone interview, I was told that the next step would be a typing test that would be conducted online directly after the phone call ended. Once the results were received by HR, I received an email offering me an in-person interview. The in-person interview consisted of regular interview questions and was conducted by 2 managers. The feel of the work area is like a start-up business. It seems really laid back and like they care about their employees. A few days after my in-person interview, I received an email from HR letting me know that they wanted to place me in their pipeline because they didn't have any open positions at the time. I was in the pipeline for roughly 5 weeks before receiving the phone call that a position had become available and instructing me of the next steps after formally accepting the position.

Interview Questions
    • Typical interview questions about previous work experience and "How would you handle a difficult customer?" type questions.   Answer Question

Customer Love Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at BuildASign.com in August 2013.

After applying for the position, I heard back very promptly via email. A phone interview was scheduled for later that day. It was pretty brief and to the point, full of classic interview questions about my resume and why I'd like to work with the company. An onsite interview was scheduled at the end of the phone interview. The onsite interview started with a tour of the office. I took a typing test and shadowed a current team member for a few phone calls to get an idea of what I'd be doing if offered the position. Following that, I sat down for about an hour with two managers. They asked many customer service based questions, but by the end it really did feel more like a conversation rather than an interview. The onsite interview lasted an hour and a half. Everybody was super warm and friendly, so I felt very at ease through out the entire process.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a mistake you made at one of your previous jobs.   View Answer

Worked for BuildASign.com? Contribute to the Community!