BuildASign.com

2.8

Director of Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Park, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Park, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BuildASign.com.

The interview process was very thorough. The phone screen was comprehensive and was invited to the organization for a series of in-person interviews with different members of the team. After the initial interviews, I was invited back to meet with the members of the executive team. This was an opportunity to understand the organization and the members of the executive team were able to provide insight into the culture of the company as well as information about the different business units. This was a very informative process.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you and your team did not agree. What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    Fair negotiation process. Advice: Look at the total compensation package, not just the base salary.

Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at BuildASign.com in October 2014.

• Applied online, via Jobvite.
    • Was contacted by email and asked to design a sample submission with a two day turnaround.
    • Was contacted by email for a phone interview with the recruiting coordinator.
    • Was contacted by email for an in-person on-location interview the following day with the brand strategist and program manager.
    • Was contacted by phone with the job offer.

Everyone I dealt with seemed very amiable and professional.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a previous experience or instance where a client of yours was not easily pleased and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Giving Program Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at BuildASign.com in July 2014.

The interview process was one of the easiest, most pleasant interview processes I have ever dealt with. It was fast and straightforward. I applied online on a Sunday evening, got an e-mail with further information first thing Monday, had a phone interview Wednesday, a second interview Thursday, and a job interview that Friday afternoon. Everyone I worked with during the interview process was so sweet and welcoming, it made me want to be a part of the BuilDASign.com team. Not only was there just a general warm vibe, but also I could tell that everyone really loved their jobs and were passionate about their company.

Interview Questions
    • There was really nothing out of the ordinary. In my opinion, if you are qualified for the specific position, you will know how to answer all of the questions they ask you.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. They were pretty upfront and open about the salary.

IT Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BuildASign.com.

I was very impressed with the interview process at BuildASign. The process was pretty straightforward. HR first reached out to screen and gage a fit. I then spoke with the Hiring manager who was first very respectful of my crazy schedule with my current position, but then had a very natural conversation about what I was looking for and my background, but also about me personally and the kind of person I am. I really enjoyed coming in and meeting the team. The office space is very open and warm. I came in twice and each time I was there for a long time, but that was because the conversation flowed and everyone was very honest and forthright.

This company is very clearly committed to the culture. I was asked a lot more questions about how I would handle myself vs. my technical background.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really specific, I was asked several questions about how I would approach certain situations.   Answer Question
    Received a more than fair offer. I actually love to negotiate, but felt they put a great offer out and did not feel it was necessary.

Giving Program Prospecting Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BuildASign.com in April 2014.

I had a very positive experience during my hiring process. I submitted my application online on a Thursday afternoon and was contacted the following Monday by the Talent Acquisition Manager via email. We set up a phone interview for that Wednesday afternoon. The phone interview was simple and lasted 10-15 minutes. I spoke with the Talent Acquisition Manager, who was very kind and helpful. She asked me a little about myself and then went into detail about the position. We set up an in-person interview between myself and the Giving Program Manager for that Friday morning.

My in-person interview lasted for about 45 minutes. Overall, I was comfortable throughout the interview and felt that it went well. I tend to get a little nervous when interviewing, but the manager was very kind and professional. We went through my resume and I had the chance to expand upon my prior experience. Then we went through a series of questions, followed by information about the position. I was given a chance at the end to ask questions of my own.

Four days following the interview I was contacted and offered the position. I gladly accepted, and look forward to beginning my time with the team. Throughout the interview/hiring process, everyone who I spoke with was extremely nice. I have mainly been in contact with the Talent Acquisition Manager, and she has been wonderful to work with.

Interview Questions
    • "Pretend that I work for a non-profit. In two sentences, tell me what I should know about the Giving Program and what it offers."   Answer Question

SEO Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BuildASign.com in April 2014.

I met Katie Conn at a career fair and then was contacted by her several weeks later via email. We set up a phone interview that ended up going very well. Next, I had a one-on-one interview with Barrett Aggers that went just as well.

Interview Questions
    • What do you see yourself doing at the end of the summer?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BuildASign.com.

There was a focus on technical questions with little room at the end for me to ask my own questions. Be prepared to answer questions on how to use various Excel functions.

Interview Questions
    • I was given a scenario involving the marketing team's output and then required to answer how I would approach that problem.   Answer Question

Human Resources/Recruiting Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BuildASign.com in March 2014.

The interview process was very straight forward. I applied online through indeed, spoke on the phone with a recruiter and then interviewed onsite with my prospective team. The whole process took about a week and half. The interviews were very conversational, which is my style. However, the experience might be different with more technical positions. After I interviewed onsite, I knew this was the job for me. The atmosphere, the people and the position were exactly what I was looking for.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any unexpected questions. I would advise to know your resume, provide specific examples and ask good questions.   Answer Question

Process Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at BuildASign.com.

The BuildASign team was very thorough and ensured that I met with all of the team. They were honest and were willing to work through the negotiation process. The HR staff were very welcoming and provided all of the information needed to make an informed decision. I met with C level and other individuals I will be working with. I was given detailed tours and they ensured I understood the culture and working environment well. They were really focused on making sure it was a good match for everyone.

Interview Questions
    • The manager I will be reporting to, took me through a lean exercise on the floor to get a good idea of how I think.   Answer Question
    I negotiated for over a month. I felt it was fair, yet might push some people away that aren't willing to negotiate.

Marketing Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BuildASign.com.

I applied at Buildasign.com through Indeed. I then was contacted for a phone interview with a person in HR. The phone interview was fairly simple. I went into more detail on my background and then was explained a little more about the position. This only lasted about 20 minutes. I then was contacted for an in person interview with my potential manager. This interview was more about my knowledge regarding online marketing. The atmosphere seemed very relaxed yet professional. This interview took about thirty minutes. I was contacted a week later with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What new trends in online marketing do you see becoming important to the industry?   Answer Question