BuildASign.com

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Production Team Member
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BuildASign.com in June 2013.

Interview Details – After applying online it took a couple of weeks for me to receive communication from the company. After another week i had an interview. I interviewed with an hr rep then a week later with two production managers. I was told i was put in the pipeline and it could be up to three months before i got a call. The next week i was hired.

Interview Question – what could i bring to the team   View Answer

Production Team Member
Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at BuildASign.com in August 2012.

Interview Details – Let me preface this by saying, I had already met and had developed an understanding of the kind of people that work for build a sign. They didn't know me in any capacity other than another production team members friend, still I felt welcome and everybody was really positive. I applied on a Monday morning 8/20 via job-vite from Gary Saladino, and Miss Rachel Morse responded with interest that afternoon. I think every email I have received contained a certain positive vibe that was hard to ignore and gave me a good first impression. I had an interview 3 days later and was really excited at the speed of which I was dealt with and met. My first interview was with Rachel and she was very nice, constantly smiling with a very honest face she explained to me exactly how the interview process was intended to go and she encouraged me and sent me down the path. She scheduled me a second interview the following Tuesday with Boomer Russo and Jason Westfall. When I met with these two gentlemen the trend continued, they were honest and positive about the interviewing/hiring policy and they encouraged me to stay positive. Mr. Russo has one of those kind faces that you can't help but love the moment you meet him, and Mr. Westfall was very clean cut and expressive, he had a gait you'd expect a political candidate to wear. I was thoroughly impressed by their demeanor and they spoke carefully and with purpose. At no point during all of this did I feel like anyone was just going through the motions. It made me feel like these people come to work and love their jobs. I tried to give a portrait of myself but you can rarely do so properly in such a short period of time. When the interview concluded, they explained that they were going to think about it and I would receive word about their decision as soon as possible. "We don't like to leave people hanging" I believe were the words they used when explaining their policy on communicating with applicants. At no point was I jerked around or made to wait for anyone unnecessarily which goes along with what they had said to me. The next day I received another email, once again filled with positive words and compliments about my interview. The email stated that they had put me at the top of the production team Que, and I was seriously being considered for the next available position. It was 9/11 when I received an email asking me to contact them again, and I was offered a position as Production team member, all in all, the entire process was quick and painless, I had not expected it to be so extremely smooth, but here I am less than a month later, with not only an answer, but the answer that I had wanted... Thank you Build a Sign

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Build A Sign?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I don't negotiate with terrorists. Also It was a good deal.

Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at BuildASign.com in June 2010.

Interview Details – We sat down in an office right off of the production floor so I caught a glimpse of what was going on. It was a 2:1 interview with a member of HR and the production manager. They asked me a series of questions about my current job (likes and dislikes), and the type of environment where I thought I could be successful. They asked some hard, yet fair, questions about my motivation and why I wanted a position with the company. They were easy-going and easy to talk to.
I was called back in less than 48 hours and offered the position. They were more than willing to wait the two weeks I had requested so I could gracefully leave my current employer. Low stress all the way.

Interview Question – What kind of environment/management style would help you to be successful?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at BuildASign.com

Worked for BuildASign.com? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BuildASign.com Production Team Member interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by BuildASign.com employees and interview candidates.