Building #19

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Assistant Merchant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hingham, MA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hingham, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Building #19 in July 2012.

I applied online and received a phone call a week or 2 later to schedule an interview. The interview was cancelled and rescheduled for another day. I got to the interview early and did have to wait in reception for about 15 minutes, but the receptionist was very nice so I didn't mind. Then the HR manager came to get me and brought me to her office. The interview was very easy, she didn't really ask questions as much as she was just explaining the duties of the job. Then I met with the buyer who I would be working for and he asked a few more detailed questions(strengths, weaknesses, relevant skills and education) and some random questions about what hobbies I enjoy and stuff like that. Both people I met with were extremely nice, I was not uncomfortable or intimidated as some people are during interviews. I received an email a few days later that said the company wanted to 'move forward' with me and asked if I was still interested. I thought this was confusing because it did not say if there was going to be another interview, or if I was hired. After I said I was interested I received another email a few days after that giving me the official job offer.

Interview Questions
  • What do you like to do in your spare time? Tell me about you as a person, not necessarily an employee.   Answer Question