Building #19 Interview Questions

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Building #19

Assistant Merchant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hingham, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Building #19 in July 2012.

I applied online and received a phone call a week or 2 later to schedule an interview. The interview was cancelled and rescheduled for another day. I got to the interview early and did have to wait in reception for about 15 minutes, but the receptionist was very nice so I didn't mind. Then the HR manager came to get me and brought me to her office. The interview was very easy, she didn't really ask questions as much as she was just explaining the duties of the job. Then I met with the buyer who I would be working for and he asked a few more detailed questions(strengths, weaknesses, relevant skills and education) and some random questions about what hobbies I enjoy and stuff like that. Both people I met with were extremely nice, I was not uncomfortable or intimidated as some people are during interviews. I received an email a few days later that said the company wanted to 'move forward' with me and asked if I was still interested. I thought this was confusing because it did not say if there was going to be another interview, or if I was hired. After I said I was interested I received another email a few days after that giving me the official job offer.

Interview Questions
    • What do you like to do in your spare time? Tell me about you as a person, not necessarily an employee.   Answer Question

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hingham, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Building #19 in June 2011.

Met with an HR Manager and then the Buyer whose department the opening was in. Interview with HR Manager was like a typical interview, described the position in depth and talked about my experience. Interview with the Buyer consisted of 2 pages of predetermined questions. I would answer the question and try to leave room for a discussion but he would move on to the next question. The questions were repetitive (trying to determine strengths/weaknesses) and left no room to discuss the actual position and how my past experiences prepared me for this open position. When I asked him some questions at the end he laughed as though he was not expecting me to question him at all. Not very personable. Also, NEVER received a call or email back regarding their hiring decision. As it was, I decided this was not the position for me anyway, so I did not bother contacting them. Plain RUDE to not inform and interviewee, who has taken time out of there day to go into their office and interview, of their hiring decision.

Interview Questions
    • Which department do you think has the best advertisement and which has the worst and why?   Answer Question