Bullet360

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bullet360

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bullet360 in October 2012.

After posting my resume on Monster, I received a call the next morning to interview for GQ Marketing. The receptionist was very nice and asked to schedule an interview for the following morning. She also asked me to write down the address, which I thought was strange because in the past I have always received an email confirmation.

When I looked for GQ Marketing online, nothing showed up so I typed in the address instead. The Bullet360 website appeared on my search results along with reviews from Glassdoor, Indeed, Yelp, and Rip Off Report. I read all the reviews I could find in addition to looking at their Facebook and Twitter. GQ Marketing was not mentioned by any of these sites. I was skeptical about the interview, but decided to see what the company was like for myself.

The building directory had a sign for Bullet360, but the front door of the company had a slip of paper with GQ Marketing printed on it. I figured the company was new and most likely a branch of Bullet360, nothing to be suspicious about.

The interview started off very simple with questions about life and career goals. I mentioned I was looking for part time, but the only position available was full time. I knew right there that I wouldn't get an offer, but I decided to ask more questions to see if what I read online was true. Even though most of the reviews you will find online are from 2011, everything I experienced and saw was spot on.

The only thing that turned me off from the position was the interviewer. He was very rude and very condescending. During the interview he threw around statistics about unemployment rates and average household incomes. He sounded like a typical salesman and in this case he was trying to sell me the job. It may not sound like anything, but his tone is what really threw me off.

He explained to me that GQ is a growing company with a lot of opportunity. Just like any other company, the harder you work the more you make. He also said that no experience is necessary. It doesn't matter what age you are or if you have a degree. All you need is a PHD, which is some acronym he uses to inspire his employees. When I asked if there would be any other opportunities in the future, he switched the subject and critiqued my resume. He said that my resume was poor because I lacked management experience, a "red flag" in his book. First if you're going to schedule an interview with someone at least make sure they meet the qualifications you're looking for on paper. Second, "no experience necessary?" I didn't know that this statement was open to interpretation. After about ten minutes, he pointed me to the door and said "good luck.'

If someone is going to be this rude during an interview, imagine how they'll act towards you when you're working for them. Personally, I can't put up with a rude employer and I don't mind criticism as long as it is constructive.

Everyone has priorities, preferences, and expectations. In this case, GQ did not meet mine. This was my experience and if you feel like Bullet360 or GQ Marketing is right for you, then do it. This job just isn't for me and the guy I met with was the deal breaker. Go with your gut! I went with mine and I'm happy I did.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bullet360 in May 2012.

There's an in office interview that lasts a couple of minutes and then you get scheduled for a day in the field. This lasts hours and is unpaid. You are told at the end of the day whether or not they decide to take you onto the team.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you feel you will be successful in this position   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bullet360.

Before accepting they let me shadow another account manager to go on sales calls and see if the position would fit me.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you the person who could take this company to the next level?   Answer Question