Bullhorn

2.9

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Inside Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bullhorn in November 2014.

The recruiter called me when i was in London for 1 week. She said i was perfect for the job and wanted me to interview with the London team before i flew back to Boston. Despite having a heavy schedule (12 in person interviews in 1 week) i agreed. She then said could i please complete their cognitive/psychology test that day, as they needed to process this information prior to the interview. It seemed a little silly as i have an MBA and i had to get quite a high score in the GMAT (basically a 4 hour IQ test) to get in. Anyhow i agreed and took the test right away. She said i did very well so i went to the next round;.Interviewing at the London office. That went well. So they wanted me to interview the next week at their Boston office. Only drawback was i had to retake the IQ test to 'validate it' (i guess to prove i didn't get someone else to take the first one for me!). Then the trouble began; First red flag - the recruiter seemed very nervous prepping me for this interview (i'd done very well up to this point, so why is she getting so anxious i wondered to myself). Second red flag - she told me that this interviewer, can be 'quite sarcastic' during the interview. This seemed very off, who is sarcastic in an interview, well a professional interview at least??? She said this had put some (third red flag) candidates off, but only because they didn't 'get' his humor. Despite the red flags, i agreed to the test and the interview. Test went great again. But the interview; He was rude, obnoxious, sarcastic (as warned) and actually abusive.

Interview Questions
    • Was your father very disappointed that despite having a law degree you didn't become a lawyer? and only became a salesman?
      Looking at your CV you clearly haven't had a lot of success in your Career? Is there anything you can tell me now that would change my mind about this?
      and it continued on from there for about 45 minutes.

View Answer

I called the recruiter and told her i was withdrawing as a candidate.

Dec 16, 2014Director, Talent Acquistion

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on the interview process at Bullhorn. I am sorry that you had a negative experience. We review all of the feedback we get and take it very ... More

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bullhorn.

Interview process was very inviting. Had to take an online exam and then heard back from a corporate recruiter a week or so later. From there I had a phone interview with the recruiter and then was asked to have another phone interview with the manager. After these three steps I was then asked to retake the exam to see if it had actually been me who took it initially. The next faze from there was to go in and interview with some higher up individuals at the company.

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell a product that you do not believe in?   Answer Question

Dec 22, 2014Director, Talent Acquistion

Thanks for your feedback. I am glad to hear that you had a positive experience overall.

We are very fortunate to sell a product which is the market leader and one that everyone associated with
    ... More

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bullhorn in July 2013.

The entire process was very quick- about 5 or so days from when I applied online to when I was offered the job. I applied on a weekend, and was sent a link to a test online. I took the test at night after work on Monday, and got an email and a brief call with HR on Tuesday around noon. At the end of the call they asked if I could come in on Wednesday for an in person interview with the manager. I went in, took half of the test again and spoke with the hiring manager. I left before noon and before dinner I had the call with the offer.

Interview Questions
    • What is something you regret doing or not doing in your professional or academic career?   Answer Question
    It was "Is $X okay?"
    "Yes!" (It was higher than I was expecting for an internship)

Dec 22, 2014Director, Talent Acquistion

Welcome to Bullhorn! We are glad to have you as a member of the team. Stop by to say hello.

Tim Halloran, Director of Talent Acquisition

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bullhorn in March 2013.

There would be a phone interview, both hr and technical. I got through but they apparently found a local candidate. So I'm not sure of the onsite interview.

Market Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bullhorn.

Applied online; Got an email back saying I had to complete a 2.5 hour test - basic questions; Upon completion I got asked to come in for an interview; When I came in for interview I had to take part of the test again to prove I took it (about 1 hour); Then I spoke with 2 managers (about 1.5 hours)

No Negotiation

Dec 22, 2014Director, Talent Acquistion

Thank you for your response. Our assessment process has changed, it only takes a fraction of the time to complete.

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bullhorn in January 2013.

The interview was less focused around technical aspects of the job and more focused around the customer service aspect. They're really looking for someone who's going to be able to handle themselves in a hot client situation. They're looking for great customer service and perhaps even more importantly, they want someone who's a good culture fit. I first met with one of the supervisors for an initial interview, then was invited back to meet with a second supervisor, then met with the manager, and finally met with the Director of Support. They were all very friendly and they all know how to interview very well.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question, if you're unprepared for it, would be the "Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult situation...." question. You have to have answers prepared or else you will fall short and not know what to say. They want to know that you can handle yourself in a sensitive situation, keep your cool, and reflect well on the company. They might ask you this question a few different times in a few different ways, so it's good to think of a few sticky situations you've been in before to share with them.   Answer Question

Technical Support Analyst Level II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bullhorn in February 2011.

I did a phone interview.. And I should have been warned because the recruiter said they were looking for aggressive, tough ninjas.. Those are code words for men. Not good. if you happen to be female. Ooops!! But when you're looking for a job, you ignore those warning signs, and prep for the interview anyway, because you're hoping it's just a fluke and they guy mispoke!!.

Interview Questions
    • It wasn't a serious of tough or difficult questions. There was a series of questions which I answered, and then because I thought I properly done my homework. when I was asked if there were any questions I had for the interviewer, I asked if they had tested their pages against some security issues that were going on at the time. The interviewer had to admit no they hadn't.   View Answer

Dec 22, 2014Director, Talent Acquistion

I am sorry that you had a negative experience. I would be interested to hear about your interaction with the staffing agency. With all of our positions we are looking for the best candidate for the ... More

Director of Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bullhorn in May 2010.

I worked with a recruiter for the position and it sounded very exciting. I met with the HR Director and VP of Professional Services first. I came in for a second interview with two support folks, the CTO, CEO and again with the VP of Professional Services. We got as far as the reference checks and the company decided to fill the VP of Support role first so they put me on hold. I was very excited about the position and the company but everything came to an abrupt stop twenty-four hours after I discussed salary in detail with the recruiter. The company and culture sound great and it's the type of organization you want to be part of provided you like emerging companies. The VC's backing Bullhorn are top notch and Bullhorn pulled an A rating in the investor industry recently.

On the downside, I have two friends that interviewed for the same position and the same thing happened. One was nine interviews in and the other five when they changed directions. One of my friends said they had to call Bullhorn multiple times before they found out they were no longer a candidate. Bullhorn is developing a reputation of walking you down the aisle then leaving you at the alter.

Interview Questions
    • Ask about the culture of the company. Many of the folks I met emphasized their culture and how important it was to find the right match.   View Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bullhorn in March 2010.

Performed a phone interview with the Recruiter first to determine fit for position. After the phone interview I was scheduled for an in house interview. I received directions to the location and paperwork to complete via email from the Recruiter as soon as the in house interview was scheduled.
    The in house interview consisted of meeting with the Recruiter, VP of HR, VP of Product Management, 4 PM team members, CTO, and CEO. The Recruiter went above and beyond making me feel comfortable and checking in on me in between each meeting.
    Every person I met with represented the company well. They were very positive, energetic, and passionate about the company and their jobs. They really made you want to join such an organization.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions were all straigt forward and relative to the position I was interviewing for. None were overly difficult or phrased to catch you up.   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bullhorn in February 2009.

I was referred by a friend / former coworker to apply at Bullhorn. He had worked there for a few years and had enjoyed it. I was not really looking but he was pretty insistent that it was a great company and I should at least come in for an interview. I came in twice for interviews and met with 2 developers, 2 managers, the CTO, the CEO, the head of HR and the recruiter. They were pretty good people and I did decide to work there.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how our process should work from first view to signed contract.   Answer Question