Bullhorn Interview Questions in Boston, MA

Updated Oct 14, 2014

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bullhorn.

Interview process was very inviting. Had to take an online exam and then heard back from a corporate recruiter a week or so later. From there I had a phone interview with the recruiter and then was asked to have another phone interview with the manager. After these three steps I was then asked to retake the exam to see if it had actually been me who took it initially. The next faze from there was to go in and interview with some higher up individuals at the company.

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell a product that you do not believe in?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bullhorn in March 2013.

There would be a phone interview, both hr and technical. I got through but they apparently found a local candidate. So I'm not sure of the onsite interview.

Market Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bullhorn.

Applied online; Got an email back saying I had to complete a 2.5 hour test - basic questions; Upon completion I got asked to come in for an interview; When I came in for interview I had to take part of the test again to prove I took it (about 1 hour); Then I spoke with 2 managers (about 1.5 hours)

No Negotiation

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bullhorn in January 2013.

The interview was less focused around technical aspects of the job and more focused around the customer service aspect. They're really looking for someone who's going to be able to handle themselves in a hot client situation. They're looking for great customer service and perhaps even more importantly, they want someone who's a good culture fit. I first met with one of the supervisors for an initial interview, then was invited back to meet with a second supervisor, then met with the manager, and finally met with the Director of Support. They were all very friendly and they all know how to interview very well.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question, if you're unprepared for it, would be the "Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult situation...." question. You have to have answers prepared or else you will fall short and not know what to say. They want to know that you can handle yourself in a sensitive situation, keep your cool, and reflect well on the company. They might ask you this question a few different times in a few different ways, so it's good to think of a few sticky situations you've been in before to share with them.   Answer Question

Technical Support Analyst Level II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bullhorn in February 2011.

I did a phone interview.. And I should have been warned because the recruiter said they were looking for aggressive, tough ninjas.. Those are code words for men. Not good. if you happen to be female. Ooops!! But when you're looking for a job, you ignore those warning signs, and prep for the interview anyway, because you're hoping it's just a fluke and they guy mispoke!!.

Interview Questions
    • It wasn't a serious of tough or difficult questions. There was a series of questions which I answered, and then because I thought I properly done my homework. when I was asked if there were any questions I had for the interviewer, I asked if they had tested their pages against some security issues that were going on at the time. The interviewer had to admit no they hadn't.   View Answer

Director of Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bullhorn in May 2010.

I worked with a recruiter for the position and it sounded very exciting. I met with the HR Director and VP of Professional Services first. I came in for a second interview with two support folks, the CTO, CEO and again with the VP of Professional Services. We got as far as the reference checks and the company decided to fill the VP of Support role first so they put me on hold. I was very excited about the position and the company but everything came to an abrupt stop twenty-four hours after I discussed salary in detail with the recruiter. The company and culture sound great and it's the type of organization you want to be part of provided you like emerging companies. The VC's backing Bullhorn are top notch and Bullhorn pulled an A rating in the investor industry recently.

On the downside, I have two friends that interviewed for the same position and the same thing happened. One was nine interviews in and the other five when they changed directions. One of my friends said they had to call Bullhorn multiple times before they found out they were no longer a candidate. Bullhorn is developing a reputation of walking you down the aisle then leaving you at the alter.

Interview Questions
    • Ask about the culture of the company. Many of the folks I met emphasized their culture and how important it was to find the right match.   View Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bullhorn in March 2010.

Performed a phone interview with the Recruiter first to determine fit for position. After the phone interview I was scheduled for an in house interview. I received directions to the location and paperwork to complete via email from the Recruiter as soon as the in house interview was scheduled.
    The in house interview consisted of meeting with the Recruiter, VP of HR, VP of Product Management, 4 PM team members, CTO, and CEO. The Recruiter went above and beyond making me feel comfortable and checking in on me in between each meeting.
    Every person I met with represented the company well. They were very positive, energetic, and passionate about the company and their jobs. They really made you want to join such an organization.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions were all straigt forward and relative to the position I was interviewing for. None were overly difficult or phrased to catch you up.   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bullhorn in February 2009.

I was referred by a friend / former coworker to apply at Bullhorn. He had worked there for a few years and had enjoyed it. I was not really looking but he was pretty insistent that it was a great company and I should at least come in for an interview. I came in twice for interviews and met with 2 developers, 2 managers, the CTO, the CEO, the head of HR and the recruiter. They were pretty good people and I did decide to work there.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how our process should work from first view to signed contract.   Answer Question