Bullhorn

Updated Dec 12, 2014
Updated Dec 12, 2014

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Bullhorn.

Only had 2 email exchanges with hr. They initially reached out saying this job pays 40k a year and if I would still be interested even though the desired salary I put in the application was significantly higher than that. I don't think many quality engineers with experience are going to take that offer considering the average fresh out of school engineers start making more than that.

Bullhorn Response

Dec 16, 2014Director, Talent Acquistion

Thank you for your feedback it is important to us. We take all feedback seriously. We are sorry that you had a negative experience.

Tim Halloran, Director of Talent Acquisition at Bullhorn

Inside Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bullhorn in November 2014.

The recruiter called me when i was in London for 1 week. She said i was perfect for the job and wanted me to interview with the London team before i flew back to Boston. Despite having a heavy schedule (12 in person interviews in 1 week) i agreed. She then said could i please complete their cognitive/psychology test that day, as they needed to process this information prior to the interview. It seemed a little silly as i have an MBA and i had to get quite a high score in the GMAT (basically a 4 hour IQ test) to get in. Anyhow i agreed and took the test right away. She said i did very well so i went to the next round;.Interviewing at the London office. That went well. So they wanted me to interview the next week at their Boston office. Only drawback was i had to retake the IQ test to 'validate it' (i guess to prove i didn't get someone else to take the first one for me!). Then the trouble began; First red flag - the recruiter seemed very nervous prepping me for this interview (i'd done very well up to this point, so why is she getting so anxious i wondered to myself). Second red flag - she told me that this interviewer, can be 'quite sarcastic' during the interview. This seemed very off, who is sarcastic in an interview, well a professional interview at least??? She said this had put some (third red flag) candidates off, but only because they didn't 'get' his humor. Despite the red flags, i agreed to the test and the interview. Test went great again. But the interview; He was rude, obnoxious, sarcastic (as warned) and actually abusive.

Interview Questions
    • Was your father very disappointed that despite having a law degree you didn't become a lawyer? and only became a salesman?
      Looking at your CV you clearly haven't had a lot of success in your Career? Is there anything you can tell me now that would change my mind about this?
      and it continued on from there for about 45 minutes.

View Answer

I called the recruiter and told her i was withdrawing as a candidate.

Bullhorn Response

Dec 16, 2014Director, Talent Acquistion

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on the interview process at Bullhorn. I am sorry that you had a negative experience. We review all of the feedback we get and take it very ... More

Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bullhorn.

There's a quick intelligence test, and then you work with a recruiter who calls you for a small phone interview, and then there's another phone interview if you get the next round. After that, you visit the office for one-on-ones with a few people, and you usually hear back pretty quickly. They're very good about response time.

Interview Questions
    • How would your former employer rate you on a scale of 1 to 10?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bullhorn.

Interview process was very inviting. Had to take an online exam and then heard back from a corporate recruiter a week or so later. From there I had a phone interview with the recruiter and then was asked to have another phone interview with the manager. After these three steps I was then asked to retake the exam to see if it had actually been me who took it initially. The next faze from there was to go in and interview with some higher up individuals at the company.

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell a product that you do not believe in?   Answer Question

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bullhorn in July 2014.

Received a link to take a personality test (un-timed) and a 15 minute test with 50 questions. They were logical, verbal, and math questions. It seemed that the logical questions dominated the test. 2nd was the math questions and a few verbal. It says that they don't take off for bad responses, but try to answer every question. I personally don't believe this. I'm sure everyone receives a "score" and "higher" scores advance.

I received an e-mail 10 days later saying that they were going with other candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Practice logical, math, and verbal questions. The questions are easily prepared for if you got a practice book as they are common questions. The difficulty is so many questions in so little time. Don't meander on the verbal questions. Just pick one and move on.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bullhorn in March 2014.

Just finished the online questions from bollhorn. Took a personality test following by a 15 minutes tests with 50 questions. It's very similar to GRE test with math and verbal.

Interview Questions
    • What I didn't expect is that it's really a short time with so many questions. So the last 15 questions I didn't even have time to think. Just chose the ones randomly.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bullhorn in March 2014.

I sent an email asking about the position. They replied a day or two later with a link to a personality test (15 minutes) and an assessment test (15 minute limit, 50 questions; basically an IQ test).

I got another reply the next day, asking for a phone interview with HR. After the phone interview, we scheduled another phone interview with IT.

I got an email a few days later saying they had several more experienced candidates. It was a pretty straight-forward interview process, altogether. Nothing too tricky.

Software Developer Interview

Their response was fast after submitting the application, then I received a link for a test called the aptitude test with some maths and vocabulary questions.
    Some may from GRE , but most are easy reasoning questions. I almost finish all the logic questions but the verbal part is not good I think.

Technical Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bullhorn in November 2013.

Phone screen, then several remote Skype interviews. Last was a face to face at HQ with several individuals. There was a timed IQ test that you took remote and then re-took on site, only to verify that it was in fact you that took the test. (which I was perfectly ok with). ALL the interviews went great until the last one, who turned out to be the decision maker. It was a last minute add and he seemed to be against me from the start. At the company's request, I flew all day Sunday and stayed overnight, giving up 3 days of my time and he took an attitude as though I was taking a vacation on them. Other than that, I though everyone else there was great and would be awesome to work with.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bullhorn in July 2013.

The entire process was very quick- about 5 or so days from when I applied online to when I was offered the job. I applied on a weekend, and was sent a link to a test online. I took the test at night after work on Monday, and got an email and a brief call with HR on Tuesday around noon. At the end of the call they asked if I could come in on Wednesday for an in person interview with the manager. I went in, took half of the test again and spoke with the hiring manager. I left before noon and before dinner I had the call with the offer.

Interview Questions
    • What is something you regret doing or not doing in your professional or academic career?   Answer Question
    It was "Is $X okay?"
    "Yes!" (It was higher than I was expecting for an internship)