Bunge Limited Interview Questions

2.7

Human Resources Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North White Plains, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North White Plains, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bunge Limited in January 2011.

Relatively easy process. Started with recruiter and ended with hiring managers. Recruiter to HR Talent Acquisition Manager to Hiring Managers to colleagues to learn about the role and needs and clarify the backgrounds of those reporting to and working with.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about working for a foreign owned company   View Answer
    Some wiggle room to negotiate salary and time off

Key Account Junior (Full Time) Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bunge Limited.

First interview with temporary agency, almost no details about the position.
    Second interview with the HR, no more details about the position, economics assessment.
    Third interview with two managers, details about the position and presentation of the future coworkers.

Oils Execution Interview

I made a cold call to the company. The HR was really responsive and got back to me in a day or two for an interview. The interview was conducted by the head of department and i was asked some technical questions.

Management Trainee (Finance) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bunge Limited in April 2013.

1st round interview: HR + 3 Finance team members
    1. Among all those internships or employment that you have done, which allows you to learn the most? Why?
    2. Throughout your course of studies, which module that you enjoy the most? Why?
    3. Do you prefer qualitative or quantitative work?
    4. Feedbacks given by your supervisors regarding your internship performance?
    5. What is the statistical software that you are skillful at?
    6. For your research project on bank’s capital ratio, describe the process you undertake the project? How and where do you gather the data? How do you think the effectiveness of Basel regulations? Do you think the suggestion that you gave at the end of the project is practical in real world?
    7. When you first arrived at Singapore, what did you do to cope with the new environment?
    8. Among compensation, career progression and prospect of learning, how will you rank them in your career selection? Why?

2nd round interview: Corporate Controller + Treasurer
    9.. What did you learn from your academic exchange programme?
    10. Bunge is a global business, how interested are you in overseas assignment or relocation?
    11. Tell me an experience that define yourself as a person or incident that demonstrates your philosophy?
    12. How do you comment on the complaints of Singaporeans about inflow of foreigner stealing their jobs?
    13. Do you know any knowledge of financial modeling?
    14. Why are you interested in agribusiness industry?
    15. You have proved yourself to your parents for the “studying” phase. What is next you want to prove to them?

Final round interview: CFO (Sonny Choong)
    16. Tell me something about Bunge that I don’t know?
    17. What do you understand Bunge does in Singapore context?
    18. Current developments and biggest challenge facing Bunge?
    19. You have interacted with several interviewers before this round. What do you think our management trainee programme is able to offer you at the end?

Interview Questions
    • 1. Tell me something about Bunge that I don’t know?
      2. Tell me an experience that define yourself as a person or incident that demonstrates your philosophy?

Answer Question

Being one of the Big 4 in the agribusiness commodity industry, I was disappointed by the surprisingly low pay offered by Bunge for its Management Trainee. It was not even on par with the current market rate of starting pay for fresh graduate in Singapore. Nonetheless, I did recognize that the career prospect and progression could be positive for working with Bunge. It was just a matter of perception difference about the pay among fresh graduates.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bunge Limited.

face to face interview with 3 staff including the manager

Interview Questions
    • Expected questions such as what are your strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question

Management Trainee (Trading) Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bunge Limited.

Interviewed for an Asia Trading position in the Management Trainee Program. Had 3 rounds and talked with traders and HR. Questions are mostly fit-based and to gauge my passion in trading.
    Was offered a position on the same day the final interview was concluded, which I accepted. 3 weeks later, when I went to sign the contract, Bunge rescinded on the original offer, took on another candidate for trading and re-offered a back office position.
    It's a massive show of unprofessionalism by a company that has been lauded as one of the big 4 of agri trading. Needless to say, I turned them down and have now found a better paying front office job with greater prospects.

My takeaway from this incident: If Bunge can be unprofessional today, it will get even worse once you join the company. Be thankful that you find out early and don't shortchange yourself by accepting something lesser. There's better opportunities out there.

Interview Questions
    • Should physical commodity houses trade using fundamentals or technicals?   View Answer

Not the position that I desire. Initially planned to approach the MD who hired me to argue my case, but changed my mind when I realised that I cannot work at a company without integrity and a basic respect for employees. Remember to have baselines when choosing your employer.

Trader Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Istanbul (Turkey)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Istanbul (Turkey)

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bunge Limited in April 2012.

First I was working in a local office then they sent me to this trader trainee program

Interview Questions
    • Interview was quite friendly there weren't much technical questions but you should know about agricultural markets   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Young Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tiruchchirāppalli (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Tiruchchirāppalli (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bunge Limited in November 2011.

The interview went quite well. Most important of all the interviewers and also the GM(who asked me to introduce myself to him before he actually offered me the job sometime after all the interviews were over) tried to keep me comfortable throughout our discussion. There were questions about my projects and also those from my related technical subjects.

Interview Questions

I'd love to work with Bunge but had plans for M.S. which is why i declined it.