Bunnings Warehouse

2.7

NONE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belmont, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belmont, WA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bunnings Warehouse in March 2011.

I applied for a job at a new store and was given a phone interview, the guy asked me a few questions along the lines of "What skills or hobbies do you have that you feel will be of use in an area at Bunnings?" so basically if you enjoy woodwork or something you'd mention that or if you grow plants you might be suited to the horticulture section you could also say you love socializing I suppose which would make you well suited to talk to customers or work the registers. He also asked "Why do you want to work at bunnings?" and "why do you think you are right for the job?" and he also asked when I'm available and if I have any other jobs. Keep in mind they did say they would record answers, I assume they would come up in the one on one interviews so you'd best remember your answers, I never made it that far because I cancelled my group interview because I was offered another job before it happened :)

Interview Questions
    • Probably when he asked what hobbies or skills do I have that could be applied to an area of the store, once the interview was over I thought of a lot more than the one example I gave but it was obviously enough to get me through to the group interview so I'm pleased.   View Answer

I was offered another job at a different company before the second interview

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxley, Queensland (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxley, Queensland (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bunnings Warehouse in November 2014.

After applying online, I was initially contacted by email to set up a time for a 15min telephone interview with the hiring manager (HM). The HM called and wanted to find out about what skills I thought I brought to Bunnings, whether I considered myself to more closely associated with retail or trade - there wasn't a third option.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were fairly straight forward as I've had some interview practice with a variety of roles.   Answer Question

Bunnings Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle (Australia)

I applied online – interviewed at Bunnings Warehouse in October 2014.

I was first given a phone interview which went for about 30 minutes
    The personal interview was with two people and went for about fourty minutes
    The two managers were very nice and made me feel comfortable during the process

Customer Service Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bunnings Warehouse in September 2014.

Contacted approximately a week after applying to book a phone interview. Pretty standard questions just ensuring that you know what you are signing up for. Best to just say you are happy to do whatever they require. Told I would receive an email if required for a group interview. Assumed i'd been cut because heard nothing for three weeks and then got a call up. Yet to do the group interview.

Bunnings Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bunnings Warehouse in July 2014.

Registered my email on the careers website for job alerts, got an email a month later saying they were looking for full time, part time and casual team members. Filled in application form and had to answer a few questions regarding different work situations. Got an email few days later asking to book a phone interview online. Call went for 10mins he just spoke a bit about Bunnings then asked questions like "when was a time you gave exceptional customer service", "what was the most rewarding thing about your previous job", "when was a time you had to deal with a difficult customer" then asked me if I had any questions.

Then same process with booking the group interview time online, 6 staff were taking notes split into tables of 4 They spoke for a bit about Bunnings, culture and introduced themselves then we had to introduce ourselves by saying name, previous work experience, why we want to work for bunnings and what cartoon character best represents us. Watched a short video and had to say what the staff did right and wrong then had to make something out of what was on the table then sell it. Really laid back and friendly.

Then booked a 2 on 1 where they asked several questions such as "When have you shown exceptional customer service" "when was a time you had to assist a staff member" "sometimes you have to help more than one customer, when was a time you had to do this and how did you handle it" maybe 10 questions in total.

Then had the 1 on 1 if you get to this stage you more than likely will be offered a position. Coffee with the boss is about a 10 minute chat where the manager will ask what hours are you looking for, what department do you think your suited for, Why bunnings and if you have any more questions. Then you try on your reds and arrange for induction.

Total process took 3 weeks, you get to choose from a big list of days and times so you can get the process done within 2-4 weeks.

Totally worth it for me, dream job and such a fun place to work.
    Good Luck!!!

Interview Questions
    • When have you had to deal with an angry customer, how did you handle this?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, I was happy with full time, part time or casual but they decide in the end.

Bunnings Team Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bunnings Warehouse in July 2014.

Applied online. Firstly there was a phone interview - nothing too hard, just general questions. Then I attended a group interview. We were asked to make an object out of various materials and speak about it. We were also asked to introduce ourselves to the group. I have been selected for a 2 to 1 first interview. I will write about it once I have had it.

Retail Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Bunnings Warehouse.

reasonable, depends on who the interviewer is, I was lucky and got a good interviewer who made it easy and was open and honest about what it is that they were looking for

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Caroline Springs (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Caroline Springs (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Bunnings Warehouse in March 2014.

Phone interview didn't occur due to overwhelming response to position advertised. I attended the group interview which consisted of 4 staff. We each had to introduce ourselves and talk about our backgrounds of work experience. We were given a photo each and asked to talk about how we would approach the customer and what we would say according the photo we had. We were then given play dough and asked to create anything and how we would as a group try too sell the item. What they were looking for was group participation and Team work. This took an hour. There were about 17 people in the group interview. The next step was a one on one interview with a staff member. That took about 20 minutes. She was very welcoming and she put me at ease straight away. She asked me questions on situations and how I would handle them. I am currently waiting (hoping) to get an email of acceptance. Overall, it has been just over a month since I applied.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you dealt with a customer who was irate and how did you handle the situation. What was the outcome   Answer Question

Bunnings Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online – interviewed at Bunnings Warehouse.

There was a long application process on the Bunnings website with lots of time-wasting data entry. Next, there was telephone screening. After that came the group interview, which was about 3 staff and 12 or so applicants. In the group interview, we received a boring lecture about Bunnings and then were asked 3 questions;
    *If you were a cartoon character, who would it be and why?
    *Here's a picture of a customer in the store. What would you do if you saw this customer doing that?
    Finally, there was a 2-on-1 interview, i.e. 2 staff and me. Thankfully, they didn't ask any of the typical BS questions; it was very sensible, logical and unremarkable.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. When I was told the wage and given my "contract", which was actually woefully incomplete and therefore barely a contract at all, I asked how long I had before I needed to return it. I was told I had to sign it then and there.

Bunnings Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parramatta (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parramatta (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bunnings Warehouse in November 2013.

I applied online and interviewed at Bunnings house.
    First , Bunnings website with lots of data entry.
    Next, there was telephone screening.
    Then that came the group interview, which was about 3 staff and 18 applicants.
    Last. there was a 2-on-1 interview, 2 staff and me.

In the group interview, we received a rundown about Bunnings and then were asked 3 questions;
    *Which famous person would you have to dinner?
    *Here's a particular product. Think about it for 2 minutes then convince me to buy it. (Group activity)
    *Here's a picture of a situation in the store. What would you do if you saw this .