Bunnings Warehouse Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.7

NONE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belmont, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bunnings Warehouse (Belmont, WA) in March 2011.

Interview

I applied for a job at a new store and was given a phone interview, the guy asked me a few questions along the lines of "What skills or hobbies do you have that you feel will be of use in an area at Bunnings?" so basically if you enjoy woodwork or something you'd mention that or if you grow plants you might be suited to the horticulture section you could also say you love socializing I suppose which would make you well suited to talk to customers or work the registers. He also asked "Why do you want to work at bunnings?" and "why do you think you are right for the job?" and he also asked when I'm available and if I have any other jobs. Keep in mind they did say they would record answers, I assume they would come up in the one on one interviews so you'd best remember your answers, I never made it that far because I cancelled my group interview because I was offered another job before it happened :)

Interview Questions

• Probably when he asked what hobbies or skills do I have that could be applied to an area of the store, once the interview was over I thought of a lot more than the one example I gave but it was obviously enough to get me through to the group interview so I'm pleased.   1 Answer

I was offered another job at a different company before the second interview

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bunnings Warehouse (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

There was a job opening so a friend who worked there passed on my resume. Had a phone interview within a week (basic interview questions) and then I proceeded onto the group interview. Got a call within another week saying I was successful and asked for a one-on-one interview. Was interviewed by 1 person and the other was taking notes - turns out the one taking notes was the store manager, would have been nice to been told! This didn't affect the interview, got the job, had induction for 2 days (paid for & lunch provided) and started the job within 3 weeks!

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bunnings Warehouse (Sydney (Australia)) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview - basic questions about yourself such as availiability and then behavioural customer service questions. 10min

group interview - introduce, what product would you be? watching video and finding pros and cons, selling a product. 30min +

2on1 - 1 interviewer 1 scriber, behavioural questions, tell me about yourself

interview with complex manager - all about selling yourself, why are you fit for this role, what can you bring to the team, why should i hire you, etc etc.

Bunnings Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bunnings Warehouse (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

There was a new store opening in my area so I applied. The process was online, and I made it through the online quiz (I think you can't get more than 2 wrong answers?). Then I got a call and an on-the-spot phone interview, followed by a group interview, then a 2-on-one interview with two of the managers, and finally I had a private interview with the store manager. Quite a lengthy process for a casual position if you ask me, but other newer team members I've spoken to did not have to go through all of this.

Interview Questions

• What department do you think you should work in and why?   1 Answer

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bunnings Warehouse.

Interview

Online application
    1. Phone interview
    If they like you, then they will send you an email inviting you to a group interview
    2. Group Interview: They fist make you wait, then you go to another room and make you sit in groups of 5-6.
    Introduction. *
    After that there is a video and you have to say the good and the bad behaviors of the team members.

Then you have to create a product as a team.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why do you want to work here
      Tell me about yourself
      2.*Introduce yourself: Give name, work background or last job, and which superhero would you be and why.

They give you a box full of items (plastic cups and plates, etc), you have to make a product and them present it. They want to see your interaction in a team, the final product is not so important.

Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bunnings Warehouse (Brisbane (Australia)) in March 2015.

Interview

It all starts with an online application followed by a phone interview, a group interview and then a 2 on 1 interview before being offered the job.
    Overall the questions where very predictable. In the group interview you had to introduce yourself and name which cartoon character best describes you. Then in smaller groups you had to produce something from items supplied and then sell it to the rest of the group.

Overall very straightforward with the main emphasis on teamwork and customer service. Hardware/DIY experience was never mentioned but it doesn't hurt to mention it if you have it.

Interview Questions

• Why Bunnings? What did you like about your previous role and Describe a difficult situation and how you dealt with it?   1 Answer

Casual Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bunnings Warehouse (Newcastle (Australia)) in March 2015.

Interview

I signed up for job alerts for Bunnings and the next day I got an email about a job opportunity for a new Bunnings being built. I applied and 2 weeks later I received an email offering me a phone interview, of course I accepted and booked a date and time online.

A week later I had the phone interview, it only took 5 minutes and the interviewer asked me 3 or 4 general questions. The questions were "You are applying for a casual position, are you okay with that", "What's your availability, are you able to work on a rotating roster between 9am-9pm", "Did you enjoy your last job, what was it", "When was a time you gave exceptional customer service", "Do you have any questions". I was then offered to attend a group interview and had to book a date and time online.

A week later I attended the group interview. There was 20 other job applicants and 4 current Bunnings employees. The group interview was absolutely pathetic. The Bunnings employees/interviewers introduced themselves and then we did 2 group activities, asked the employees questions and that was it. We didn't introduce ourselves, say why we wanted to work there, where we've worked before or ANYTHING about ourselves for that matter. You can't get to choose a possible employee if you don't know anything about them.

I'm glad I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Do you have full time availability?   1 Answer
    • When was a time you gave exceptional customer service?   1 Answer

Trade Desk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bunnings Warehouse.

Interview

The whole process took roughly 3 weeks and I was originally looking to just work on a register. I started out with a phone interview asking where I have worked and for how long, and other general questions like my availability. Then they said they will get back to me with an email if I am successful. Then I was invited by email to attend a group interview and I accepted and picked a date and time. There was about 15 people in the group interview and we were asked more general questions and asked to introduce ourselves. We were then given a box of mixed items to 'sell' to a customer (in this case, the panel of three interviewers) and I had a box of paint supplies. After all of this they told us we would be contacted for a 2 on 1 interview and I was called the next day. The 2 on 1 interview was fairly relaxed and didn't require too much deep thinking.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bunnings Warehouse in January 2015.

Interview

After registering with the Bunnings Job Vacancies website, I received irregular notifications online of possible opportunities at the several local Bunnings Warehouse locations that I had nominated on my initial registration.
    I applied online for 2X Level 4 positions at 2 different warehouse locations, and within 3-4 working days received e-mails saying that I was unsuccessful, and that they would not be proceeding any further with these applications.
    Again after an online vacancy notification, I then applied online for the Team Member Customer Service (Retail) position. (Their website provided a reasonably detailed Position Description for this job.) About 4 working days later, I received a telephone call from Bunnings (?central) HR. They confirmed receipt of my application, and asked whether I was still interested in this situation - Yes. They then proceeded with a 10 minute telephone screening interview with pretty standard types of questions - Why do you want to work for Bunnings?, What can you bring to Bunnings in this role? Which area of Bunnings Warehouse would you prefer,or be best suited to? Do you have any Trade skills? Have you any retail experience? etc. etc. On completion of this interview, I was asked to attend a Group interview at the particular Warehouse the following Monday. I said I would be there.
    Along with 9 other selected potential employees, we were introduced to 3 existing Bunnings more senior employees, and collectively asked what we knew about Bunnings as a company. After each applicant had introduced themselves to the group and given a brief 2 minute talk on their recent employment background and qualifications, a 2 minute training video was shown. The group was broken up into smaller working groups of 3, and asked to identify any positive and/or negative behaviours depicted by thee Bunning's sales staff in the training video.
    Each smaller group were then presented with a typical item for sale in Bunnings, and given 5 minutes to prepare a sales pitch for that item, the pitch to be made to one of the interview coordinators present.
    We were then told that the group interview was complete, and that if we were considered potential employees, we would be individually notified within 4 working days that we would be required to attend a 2 on 1 interview with senior staff from that particular Warehouse. If that went well, we may expect to attend a further 1 on 1 interview with the site Warehouse Manager.
    A week after the group interview, I have received no communication from Bunnings.

Interview Questions

• (Without knowing whether I was being screened for a Full Time/Part Time/Casual position) How flexible are you with regard to a 7 day morning and/or afternoon roster?   1 Answer

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Bunnings Warehouse (Melbourne (Australia)) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied to a Seek ad and was invited to a phone interview with HR and then a face to face interview with 2 managers from the store. Then a reference check and I was offered the position. It was professional and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Q:Why do you want to work for Bunnings?   1 Answer
    • How to lead teams to deliver great service.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation wasn't required.