Bunnings Warehouse Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.7

NONE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belmont, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bunnings Warehouse (Belmont, WA) in March 2011.

Interview

I applied for a job at a new store and was given a phone interview, the guy asked me a few questions along the lines of "What skills or hobbies do you have that you feel will be of use in an area at Bunnings?" so basically if you enjoy woodwork or something you'd mention that or if you grow plants you might be suited to the horticulture section you could also say you love socializing I suppose which would make you well suited to talk to customers or work the registers. He also asked "Why do you want to work at bunnings?" and "why do you think you are right for the job?" and he also asked when I'm available and if I have any other jobs. Keep in mind they did say they would record answers, I assume they would come up in the one on one interviews so you'd best remember your answers, I never made it that far because I cancelled my group interview because I was offered another job before it happened :)

Interview Questions

• Probably when he asked what hobbies or skills do I have that could be applied to an area of the store, once the interview was over I thought of a lot more than the one example I gave but it was obviously enough to get me through to the group interview so I'm pleased.   1 Answer

I was offered another job at a different company before the second interview

Team Member Interview

Interview

standard phone interview, general good person questions, then proceed to group interview at store followed by induction at head office. Questions based around how you would react to team based situations, how you would avert possible personal conflicts in store and on the job. Trained to be respectful of others, yourself and the company. All good values to have as a person

Interview Questions

• what makes you a team player   1 Answer

Bunnings Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maroochydore (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bunnings Warehouse (Maroochydore (Australia)) in July 2015.

Interview

first is a phone interview if the resume is approved and selected by bunnings. if all goes well then the next step is a group interview with around 10 people in my case, overall a pretty fun and cruisy interview process. finally it is the 2 on 1 personal interview that i am yet to complete, have that tomorrow.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bunnings Warehouse.

Interview

Step1 On-line application, successful applicants contacted by e-mail to book phone interview Step2 Phone interview 10mins asked Q's about yourself, Why you want to work for Bunning's etc. Step3 e-mail advising you to book your group interview. Group interview introduce yourself and name a carton character that best describe you, group activity to build a product to sell to Bunning's as a new product for their range, then watch a video and list the positive and negative things you see. Step4 again if your successful then asked to book an interview 2 on 1. Given scenarios and asked how you would handle the situation, based on customer service, difficult customers, problems with a team member.

Interview Questions

• What cartoon character best describes you?   1 Answer

Team Member Customer Service - Casual Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rocklea (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bunnings Warehouse (Rocklea (Australia)) in June 2015.

Interview

Online application - group interview - 2 on one interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us how you handled a difficult customer   1 Answer

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bunnings Warehouse (Sydney (Australia)) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online through their website and got a call about 3 weeks later asking me to come in for a group interview. There were about 16 people at the group interview and we were asked to introduce ourselves and also to sell one of their products in a group of two or three. A week later I got a call to go in for a two on one interview. It wasn't too bad, everyone was really friendly.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bunnings Warehouse (Perth, Western Australia (Australia)).

Interview

After applying online I was given a Phone interview, this was the basic can you work, will you work and will you pretend to enjoy it , followed by a group interview (how you fit in with one another and make friends, see what you are like with people) followed by a one on one interview. (same as the phone interview just more in depth, goals, prior knowledge, where do you want to work etc etc)

Interview Questions

• To sell something you made in the group   1 Answer

Customer Service - Casual Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gosford (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bunnings Warehouse (Gosford (Australia)) in May 2015.

Interview

After being notified that I had been invited for a phone interview, and having accepted that invitation online with a day and time of my choice I received a friendly phone call for the initial phone interview with Bunnings. It only lasted about 5-10 mins and is the first screening process for selected applicants. As long as you can speak clearly and confidently you should go through without a problem I would expect.

Interview Questions

• How did I see myself fitting into the Bunnings workplace?   1 Answer
    • I was told that if I were selected for the Group interview then I would receive an email the following week. I'm waiting to hear if I've made it through.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bunnings Warehouse (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

There was a job opening so a friend who worked there passed on my resume. Had a phone interview within a week (basic interview questions) and then I proceeded onto the group interview. Got a call within another week saying I was successful and asked for a one-on-one interview. Was interviewed by 1 person and the other was taking notes - turns out the one taking notes was the store manager, would have been nice to been told! This didn't affect the interview, got the job, had induction for 2 days (paid for & lunch provided) and started the job within 3 weeks!

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bunnings Warehouse (Sydney (Australia)) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview - basic questions about yourself such as availiability and then behavioural customer service questions. 10min group interview - introduce, what product would you be? watching video and finding pros and cons, selling a product. 30min + 2on1 - 1 interviewer 1 scriber, behavioural questions, tell me about yourself interview with complex manager - all about selling yourself, why are you fit for this role, what can you bring to the team, why should i hire you, etc etc.