Bunnings Warehouse Interview Questions

2.7

NONE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belmont, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Belmont, WA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bunnings Warehouse in March 2011.

I applied for a job at a new store and was given a phone interview, the guy asked me a few questions along the lines of "What skills or hobbies do you have that you feel will be of use in an area at Bunnings?" so basically if you enjoy woodwork or something you'd mention that or if you grow plants you might be suited to the horticulture section you could also say you love socializing I suppose which would make you well suited to talk to customers or work the registers. He also asked "Why do you want to work at bunnings?" and "why do you think you are right for the job?" and he also asked when I'm available and if I have any other jobs. Keep in mind they did say they would record answers, I assume they would come up in the one on one interviews so you'd best remember your answers, I never made it that far because I cancelled my group interview because I was offered another job before it happened :)

Interview Questions
    • Probably when he asked what hobbies or skills do I have that could be applied to an area of the store, once the interview was over I thought of a lot more than the one example I gave but it was obviously enough to get me through to the group interview so I'm pleased.   View Answer

I was offered another job at a different company before the second interview

Bunnings Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online – interviewed at Bunnings Warehouse.

There was a new store opening in my area so I applied. The process was online, and I made it through the online quiz (I think you can't get more than 2 wrong answers?). Then I got a call and an on-the-spot phone interview, followed by a group interview, then a 2-on-one interview with two of the managers, and finally I had a private interview with the store manager. Quite a lengthy process for a casual position if you ask me, but other newer team members I've spoken to did not have to go through all of this.

Interview Questions
    • What department do you think you should work in and why?   View Answer

Team Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bunnings Warehouse.

Online application
    1. Phone interview
    If they like you, then they will send you an email inviting you to a group interview
    2. Group Interview: They fist make you wait, then you go to another room and make you sit in groups of 5-6.
    Introduction. *
    After that there is a video and you have to say the good and the bad behaviors of the team members.

Then you have to create a product as a team.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Why do you want to work here
      Tell me about yourself
      2.*Introduce yourself: Give name, work background or last job, and which superhero would you be and why.

They give you a box full of items (plastic cups and plates, etc), you have to make a product and them present it. They want to see your interaction in a team, the final product is not so important.

Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bunnings Warehouse in March 2015.

It all starts with an online application followed by a phone interview, a group interview and then a 2 on 1 interview before being offered the job.
    Overall the questions where very predictable. In the group interview you had to introduce yourself and name which cartoon character best describes you. Then in smaller groups you had to produce something from items supplied and then sell it to the rest of the group.

Overall very straightforward with the main emphasis on teamwork and customer service. Hardware/DIY experience was never mentioned but it doesn't hurt to mention it if you have it.

Interview Questions
    • Why Bunnings? What did you like about your previous role and Describe a difficult situation and how you dealt with it?   View Answer

Trade Desk Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bunnings Warehouse.

The whole process took roughly 3 weeks and I was originally looking to just work on a register. I started out with a phone interview asking where I have worked and for how long, and other general questions like my availability. Then they said they will get back to me with an email if I am successful. Then I was invited by email to attend a group interview and I accepted and picked a date and time. There was about 15 people in the group interview and we were asked more general questions and asked to introduce ourselves. We were then given a box of mixed items to 'sell' to a customer (in this case, the panel of three interviewers) and I had a box of paint supplies. After all of this they told us we would be contacted for a 2 on 1 interview and I was called the next day. The 2 on 1 interview was fairly relaxed and didn't require too much deep thinking.

Team Member Customer Service (Retail) Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bunnings Warehouse in January 2015.

After registering with the Bunnings Job Vacancies website, I received irregular notifications online of possible opportunities at the several local Bunnings Warehouse locations that I had nominated on my initial registration.
    I applied online for 2X Level 4 positions at 2 different warehouse locations, and within 3-4 working days received e-mails saying that I was unsuccessful, and that they would not be proceeding any further with these applications.
    Again after an online vacancy notification, I then applied online for the Team Member Customer Service (Retail) position. (Their website provided a reasonably detailed Position Description for this job.) About 4 working days later, I received a telephone call from Bunnings (?central) HR. They confirmed receipt of my application, and asked whether I was still interested in this situation - Yes. They then proceeded with a 10 minute telephone screening interview with pretty standard types of questions - Why do you want to work for Bunnings?, What can you bring to Bunnings in this role? Which area of Bunnings Warehouse would you prefer,or be best suited to? Do you have any Trade skills? Have you any retail experience? etc. etc. On completion of this interview, I was asked to attend a Group interview at the particular Warehouse the following Monday. I said I would be there.
    Along with 9 other selected potential employees, we were introduced to 3 existing Bunnings more senior employees, and collectively asked what we knew about Bunnings as a company. After each applicant had introduced themselves to the group and given a brief 2 minute talk on their recent employment background and qualifications, a 2 minute training video was shown. The group was broken up into smaller working groups of 3, and asked to identify any positive and/or negative behaviours depicted by thee Bunning's sales staff in the training video.
    Each smaller group were then presented with a typical item for sale in Bunnings, and given 5 minutes to prepare a sales pitch for that item, the pitch to be made to one of the interview coordinators present.
    We were then told that the group interview was complete, and that if we were considered potential employees, we would be individually notified within 4 working days that we would be required to attend a 2 on 1 interview with senior staff from that particular Warehouse. If that went well, we may expect to attend a further 1 on 1 interview with the site Warehouse Manager.
    A week after the group interview, I have received no communication from Bunnings.

Interview Questions
    • (Without knowing whether I was being screened for a Full Time/Part Time/Casual position) How flexible are you with regard to a 7 day morning and/or afternoon roster?   View Answer

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxley, Queensland (Australia)
    Anonymous Employee in Oxley, Queensland (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bunnings Warehouse in November 2014.

After applying online, I was initially contacted by email to set up a time for a 15min telephone interview with the hiring manager (HM). The HM called and wanted to find out about what skills I thought I brought to Bunnings, whether I considered myself to more closely associated with retail or trade - there wasn't a third option.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were fairly straight forward as I've had some interview practice with a variety of roles.   Answer Question

Bunnings Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle (Australia)
    Anonymous Employee in Newcastle (Australia)

I applied online – interviewed at Bunnings Warehouse in October 2014.

I was first given a phone interview which went for about 30 minutes
    The personal interview was with two people and went for about fourty minutes
    The two managers were very nice and made me feel comfortable during the process

Customer Service Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane (Australia)
    Anonymous Employee in Brisbane (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bunnings Warehouse in September 2014.

Contacted approximately a week after applying to book a phone interview. Pretty standard questions just ensuring that you know what you are signing up for. Best to just say you are happy to do whatever they require. Told I would receive an email if required for a group interview. Assumed i'd been cut because heard nothing for three weeks and then got a call up. Yet to do the group interview.

Bunnings Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bunnings Warehouse in July 2014.

Registered my email on the careers website for job alerts, got an email a month later saying they were looking for full time, part time and casual team members. Filled in application form and had to answer a few questions regarding different work situations. Got an email few days later asking to book a phone interview online. Call went for 10mins he just spoke a bit about Bunnings then asked questions like "when was a time you gave exceptional customer service", "what was the most rewarding thing about your previous job", "when was a time you had to deal with a difficult customer" then asked me if I had any questions.

Then same process with booking the group interview time online, 6 staff were taking notes split into tables of 4 They spoke for a bit about Bunnings, culture and introduced themselves then we had to introduce ourselves by saying name, previous work experience, why we want to work for bunnings and what cartoon character best represents us. Watched a short video and had to say what the staff did right and wrong then had to make something out of what was on the table then sell it. Really laid back and friendly.

Then booked a 2 on 1 where they asked several questions such as "When have you shown exceptional customer service" "when was a time you had to assist a staff member" "sometimes you have to help more than one customer, when was a time you had to do this and how did you handle it" maybe 10 questions in total.

Then had the 1 on 1 if you get to this stage you more than likely will be offered a position. Coffee with the boss is about a 10 minute chat where the manager will ask what hours are you looking for, what department do you think your suited for, Why bunnings and if you have any more questions. Then you try on your reds and arrange for induction.

Total process took 3 weeks, you get to choose from a big list of days and times so you can get the process done within 2-4 weeks.

Totally worth it for me, dream job and such a fun place to work.
    Good Luck!!!

Interview Questions
    • When have you had to deal with an angry customer, how did you handle this?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, I was happy with full time, part time or casual but they decide in the end.