Bunnings Warehouse Team Member Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.5

Team Member Interview

Interview

standard phone interview, general good person questions, then proceed to group interview at store followed by induction at head office. Questions based around how you would react to team based situations, how you would avert possible personal conflicts in store and on the job. Trained to be respectful of others, yourself and the company. All good values to have as a person

Interview Questions

• what makes you a team player   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bunnings Warehouse

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bunnings Warehouse (Sydney (Australia)) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online through their website and got a call about 3 weeks later asking me to come in for a group interview. There were about 16 people at the group interview and we were asked to introduce ourselves and also to sell one of their products in a group of two or three. A week later I got a call to go in for a two on one interview. It wasn't too bad, everyone was really friendly.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Bunnings Warehouse (Perth, Western Australia (Australia)).

Interview

After applying online I was given a Phone interview, this was the basic can you work, will you work and will you pretend to enjoy it , followed by a group interview (how you fit in with one another and make friends, see what you are like with people) followed by a one on one interview. (same as the phone interview just more in depth, goals, prior knowledge, where do you want to work etc etc)

Interview Questions

• To sell something you made in the group   1 Answer

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bunnings Warehouse.

Interview

Online application 1. Phone interview If they like you, then they will send you an email inviting you to a group interview 2. Group Interview: They fist make you wait, then you go to another room and make you sit in groups of 5-6. Introduction. * After that there is a video and you have to say the good and the bad behaviors of the team members. Then you have to create a product as a team.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why do you want to work here Tell me about yourself 2.*Introduce yourself: Give name, work background or last job, and which superhero would you be and why. They give you a box full of items (plastic cups and plates, etc), you have to make a product and them present it. They want to see your interaction in a team, the final product is not so important.   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bunnings Warehouse (Brisbane (Australia)) in March 2015.

Interview

It all starts with an online application followed by a phone interview, a group interview and then a 2 on 1 interview before being offered the job. Overall the questions where very predictable. In the group interview you had to introduce yourself and name which cartoon character best describes you. Then in smaller groups you had to produce something from items supplied and then sell it to the rest of the group. Overall very straightforward with the main emphasis on teamwork and customer service. Hardware/DIY experience was never mentioned but it doesn't hurt to mention it if you have it.

Interview Questions

• Why Bunnings? What did you like about your previous role and Describe a difficult situation and how you dealt with it?   1 Answer

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxley, Queensland (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bunnings Warehouse (Oxley, Queensland (Australia)) in November 2014.

Interview

After applying online, I was initially contacted by email to set up a time for a 15min telephone interview with the hiring manager (HM). The HM called and wanted to find out about what skills I thought I brought to Bunnings, whether I considered myself to more closely associated with retail or trade - there wasn't a third option.

Interview Questions

• Questions were fairly straight forward as I've had some interview practice with a variety of roles.   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bunnings Warehouse (Sydney (Australia)) in August 2013.

Interview

Very quick process for me. I was employed a week after submitting my online application. I have however heard of up to a 3 month process. First interview was a phone interview, very basic questions and setting up a time for a group interview. The group interview was very interesting. About 20 people in a room selling themselves and some not doing really well. Can be very intimidating. We were formed into 3 groups and given a product to sell. Also given photos of different customer situations which depicted customers service and OH&S. Focus on how you would serve the customer in a safe environment. Third interview was a 2 on 1 asking different questions relating to your customer service skills and how you would be able to contribute to the Bunnings family. Fourth and final interview is with the boss. Really laid back fun style chat. If you are at this interview you have the job.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever implemented anything new to a previous workplace ?   1 Answer

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bunnings Warehouse (Brisbane (Australia)).

Interview

First step (after submitting a resume) was a phone interview where very broad general questions were asked. This was followed by a group interview where you would role play retail scenarios (you would be given a description of a product and would then have to sell it to the group). Mix of individual and group activities. The only guy from my group interview who didn't get hired turned up in shorts full of holes and thongs and didn't answer any questions without umming and aahing. Last stage was a face to face interview where they asked more personal questions about your life experiences, career goals, interests and other typical employment questions.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared for activities in the group interview where you have to display how you would sell a product. That's unexpected as it got for me. Nothing that difficult either.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Bunnings salaries are according to a group certificate. Nothing much to negotiate other than your employment status (casual/part time/full time) and which department you work in.

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bunnings Warehouse.

Interview

Applied online then got an arranged phone interview, pretty straight forward, think they Want to just see what your personality is like, then got a group interview, It was ok, I'm not a fan of public speaking but it wasn't that bad, asked to describe yourself,, what cartoon character would you be, then look at pictures of customer and asked how would you approach them, then group exercise in 3 or 4 selling a product to the interviewers! Don't know how I got through that I thought I messed it up! Be outgoing but not pushy, relaxed, friendly but not brown nose! Then 2 on 1 interview went really well, general retail question want you to provide specific examples not generalizations! So come prepared with times you provided great customer service, helped a colleague etc.. Took about 3 weeks in total.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bunnings Warehouse (Melbourne (Australia)) in January 2010.

Interview

I applied online via the Bunnings Warehouse careers website and received an e-mail less than a week later asking me to arrange a telephone interview with one of their stores. The telephone interview went for approximately 10 minutes and the interviewer used this time to confirm details in my application and review what experience I had. I was then invited to attend a group interview. The group interview consisted of 3 parts. In the first part we had to introduce ourselves and describe our hobbies, current work/study status, why we wanted to work for Bunnings and name our favourite animal. In the second part, each person was given a photo of a customer in Bunnings and we were asked how we would approach the customer without saying, "hi, how are you?" In the third part, we were split up into smaller groups and given 3 minutes with a product. At the end of the 3 minutes we had to "sell" the product to the rest of the group. The next stage of the interview process was the one-on-one interview. The interviewer began by asking about hobbies, interests, why I want to work for Bunnings, etc and then began to ask situation questions. Some examples: "Name a time when you have had to lead a team." "Name a situation where you have had to work with heavy or dangerous equipment." "Name a time when you have been asked to do something impossible." The next stage of the interview process was "coffee with the boss". This was a chance for the store manager to have a chance to talk with me about my aspirations, what areas I would like to work in, etc. The manager stated that they were looking for "positive and self-motivated" individuals. It was during this stage that I was offered a position. Overall, the interview process is quite nerve-racking but Bunnings need to do this to ensure they only hire the best and the most committed. In this instance, the recruitment process was handled quite swiftly (15 days) however it was mentioned that the usual process stretches over a month.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever planned something and had something come up in the middle of it that threw out your original plan? How was this handled?   Answer Question
    • If you were having a problem with a fellow colleague, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question