Bupa International Interview Questions

2.3

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bupa International in October 2009.

I couldn't see the department, because they were interviewing for a position for someone they were firing. That was a mistake, because the office space was very small and crowded. Had I gone through the normal interview process, I probably would have not accepted the position.

Yes, I negotiated a bit.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bupa International.

Criterion based interview process on a one to one basis with a home manager. The interview focused on background experience, technical competence, scenarios and leadership skills. Prior to the interview I had to complete two competency based assessments around safe medications management and care planning for a pre-determined care scenario.

Recruitment Consultant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Bupa International.

The Interview process was very relaxed yet structured. Whilst the interview was only expected to run for approximately an hour the conversation just flowed. A 2nd interview was then arranged to meet with the CEO and Director of the Care Homes business.

Preauthorisation Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hove, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hove, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bupa International in April 2014.

Phone interview ('Why do you want to work for BUPA?, 'What do you know about BUPA and it's products?', a role play followed by a competency style question), once passed I was invited to an face to face interview which included an introduction to BUPA then a competency based interview with around 5/6 questions. I was then given a 15min letter writing task, replying to a complaint from a client who had not been contacted when he was told he would be.
    I was also asked about which role I would prefer and which hours want to go for (there are night, day and twilight shifts and 2 separate roles but they ultimately decide which role you are best for)

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were the standard competency questions used including questions about a time I've shown great team work, a time when I've had a difficult decision/ had to give a difficult message, a time when I've shown exellant customer service.   View Answer
    I did not attempt a negotiation and it would be my feeling that it would not be a negotionable salary or hours.

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dartford, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dartford, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bupa International in February 2014.

Email, interview then CRB check.

Housekeeping Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bearsden, Scotland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bearsden, Scotland (UK)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Bupa International in March 2013.

A 1:1 interview with Housekeeping Manager followed by a PVG background check which took around 4 weeks. Interview was very easygoing and enjoyable, felt more like a chat than an interview but I was asked all the right questions as you would expect at an interview. Quite a few personality question like "what are your stregths/weeknesses ?" e.t.c. No trick questions, pretty standard, straight forward interview.

Interview Questions
    • I can't really remember ! I guess this means the process was quite easy.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Started with a group interview stage, completing a team task followed by individual assessments, continued to second stage face-to-face, competency based interview. Professional and timely process that appeared fair and consistent in approach.

CA Industrial Trainee Interview

I applied online and got a mail from HR Dept to come for the interview. There are basically 3 technical rounds one taken up by senior manager and 2 rounds by Head of the Department.
    After that there is a conversation with Assistant HR Manager regarding work culture and office timings.

There are very few CA students who opt for industrial training. So, one can negotiate on stipend confidently. Don't be afraid of loosing the offer.

Finance Graduate Programmer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bupa International.

40 minute phone interview. Questions specific to Bupa and lots of competency questions. Scripted interview. 40 minute phone interview. Questions specific to Bupa and lots of competency questions. Scripted interview. 40 minute phone interview. Questions specific to Bupa and lots of competency questions. Scripted interview. 40 minute phone interview. Questions specific to Bupa and lots of competency questions. Scripted interview.

Interview Questions
    • Please give an example of when you have taken ownership to make something happen and achieved a great result   Answer Question

Information Systems Graduate Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bupa International.

The hiring process had several steps.
    1. Online numeracy and verbal reasoning tests
    2. Phone Interview
    3. Assessment Centre
    4. Interview with senior management

Interview Questions
    • How many traffic lights are there in London?   View Answer
    Because this was a graduate scheme things like salary and starting date are set and there isn't room for negotiation.