Bupa International

Relevance Date Difficulty

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
Miami, FL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Bupa International in October 2009.

Interview Details – I couldn't see the department, because they were interviewing for a position for someone they were firing. That was a mistake, because the office space was very small and crowded. Had I gone through the normal interview process, I probably would have not accepted the position.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, I negotiated a bit.

Housekeeping Assistant Interview

Housekeeping Assistant
Bearsden, Scotland (UK)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Bupa International in March 2013.

Interview Details – A 1:1 interview with Housekeeping Manager followed by a PVG background check which took around 4 weeks. Interview was very easygoing and enjoyable, felt more like a chat than an interview but I was asked all the right questions as you would expect at an interview. Quite a few personality question like "what are your stregths/weeknesses ?" e.t.c. No trick questions, pretty standard, straight forward interview.

Interview Question – I can't really remember ! I guess this means the process was quite easy.   Answer Question

Preauthorisation Agent Interview

Preauthorisation Agent
Hove, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bupa International in April 2014.

Interview Details – Phone interview ('Why do you want to work for BUPA?, 'What do you know about BUPA and it's products?', a role play followed by a competency style question), once passed I was invited to an face to face interview which included an introduction to BUPA then a competency based interview with around 5/6 questions. I was then given a 15min letter writing task, replying to a complaint from a client who had not been contacted when he was told he would be.
I was also asked about which role I would prefer and which hours want to go for (there are night, day and twilight shifts and 2 separate roles but they ultimately decide which role you are best for)

Interview Question – Most of the questions were the standard competency questions used including questions about a time I've shown great team work, a time when I've had a difficult decision/ had to give a difficult message, a time when I've shown exellant customer service.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not attempt a negotiation and it would be my feeling that it would not be a negotionable salary or hours.

Housekeeper Interview

Housekeeper
Dartford, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Bupa International in February 2014.

Interview Details – Email, interview then CRB check.

Interview Question – Not really any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst

Interviewed at Bupa International

Interview Details – Started with a group interview stage, completing a team task followed by individual assessments, continued to second stage face-to-face, competency based interview. Professional and timely process that appeared fair and consistent in approach.

Interview Question – What would you do in your first 100 days on the job?   Answer Question

CA Industrial Trainee Interview

CA Industrial Trainee

Interviewed at Bupa International

Interview Details – I applied online and got a mail from HR Dept to come for the interview. There are basically 3 technical rounds one taken up by senior manager and 2 rounds by Head of the Department.
After that there is a conversation with Assistant HR Manager regarding work culture and office timings.

Negotiation Details – There are very few CA students who opt for industrial training. So, one can negotiate on stipend confidently. Don't be afraid of loosing the offer.

Finance Graduate Programmer Interview

Finance Graduate Programmer

I applied online and interviewed at Bupa International.

Interview Details – 40 minute phone interview. Questions specific to Bupa and lots of competency questions. Scripted interview. 40 minute phone interview. Questions specific to Bupa and lots of competency questions. Scripted interview. 40 minute phone interview. Questions specific to Bupa and lots of competency questions. Scripted interview. 40 minute phone interview. Questions specific to Bupa and lots of competency questions. Scripted interview.

Interview Question – Please give an example of when you have taken ownership to make something happen and achieved a great result   Answer Question

Financial Systems Support & Development Junior Analyst Interview

Financial Systems Support & Development Junior Analyst
Manchester, England (UK)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bupa International in February 2012.

Interview Details – Communication from the manager/interviewer was frequent and informal before the interview.

My single interview with the company was very relaxed, which I wasn't quite expecting (though it was for a industrial placement role).

Questions were the standard "can you demonstrate this skill" type. After that was covered, a significant amount of time was spent talking about each other's hobbies and interests etc.

As it was for a fixed-term, 12-15 month position I guess it was more about finding somebody that would fit in with that particular team rather than the organisation as a whole.

Interview Question – I did not expect the interviewer (who is now my team leader) to spend so much of the interview talking about hobbies and interests.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very simple. I received a call, was offered the job and accepted.

AIN Interview

AIN
Bupa (Pakistan)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bupa International in April 2009.

Interview Details – applied online got a call after long time suddenly went for interview and passed, waiting for the call and i got a call after one week and manager said they hire me as permanent part time assistant in nurse

Information Systems Graduate Trainee Interview

Information Systems Graduate Trainee

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bupa International.

Interview Details – The hiring process had several steps.
1. Online numeracy and verbal reasoning tests
2. Phone Interview
3. Assessment Centre
4. Interview with senior management

Interview Question – How many traffic lights are there in London?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Because this was a graduate scheme things like salary and starting date are set and there isn't room for negotiation.

Worked for Bupa International? Contribute to the Community!