Bupa International Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Aug 10, 2014

2.1

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Housekeeping Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bearsden, Scotland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bearsden, Scotland (UK)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Bupa International in March 2013.

A 1:1 interview with Housekeeping Manager followed by a PVG background check which took around 4 weeks. Interview was very easygoing and enjoyable, felt more like a chat than an interview but I was asked all the right questions as you would expect at an interview. Quite a few personality question like "what are your stregths/weeknesses ?" e.t.c. No trick questions, pretty standard, straight forward interview.

Interview Questions
    • I can't really remember ! I guess this means the process was quite easy.   Answer Question

Preauthorisation Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hove, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hove, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bupa International in April 2014.

Phone interview ('Why do you want to work for BUPA?, 'What do you know about BUPA and it's products?', a role play followed by a competency style question), once passed I was invited to an face to face interview which included an introduction to BUPA then a competency based interview with around 5/6 questions. I was then given a 15min letter writing task, replying to a complaint from a client who had not been contacted when he was told he would be.
    I was also asked about which role I would prefer and which hours want to go for (there are night, day and twilight shifts and 2 separate roles but they ultimately decide which role you are best for)

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were the standard competency questions used including questions about a time I've shown great team work, a time when I've had a difficult decision/ had to give a difficult message, a time when I've shown exellant customer service.   View Answer
    I did not attempt a negotiation and it would be my feeling that it would not be a negotionable salary or hours.

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dartford, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dartford, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Bupa International in February 2014.

Email, interview then CRB check.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Started with a group interview stage, completing a team task followed by individual assessments, continued to second stage face-to-face, competency based interview. Professional and timely process that appeared fair and consistent in approach.

Financial Systems Support & Development Junior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Manchester, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bupa International in February 2012.

Communication from the manager/interviewer was frequent and informal before the interview.

My single interview with the company was very relaxed, which I wasn't quite expecting (though it was for a industrial placement role).

Questions were the standard "can you demonstrate this skill" type. After that was covered, a significant amount of time was spent talking about each other's hobbies and interests etc.

As it was for a fixed-term, 12-15 month position I guess it was more about finding somebody that would fit in with that particular team rather than the organisation as a whole.

Interview Questions
    • I did not expect the interviewer (who is now my team leader) to spend so much of the interview talking about hobbies and interests.   View Answer
    Very simple. I received a call, was offered the job and accepted.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Bupa International in January 2010.

Telephone
    1:1
    Case study
    Panel

Interview Questions
    Push them hard to see if they want you

Finance Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Bupa International in November 2009.

The application form was farely easy to complete and the numerical test was the typical SHL test. Soon after completing them I got a telephone interview with all the expected competency questions ranging from "team example" to "what do you think is our main target group" and "why do you want to work for BUPA". I was soon contacted for an assessment day at their office in London. It was 9:30-16:30 and included a face-to-face interview, a group presentation and discussion, and a case study on which I had to present a report (no further tests). We had breaks between each stage, the HR team was very nice. During lunch we got to talk to people from the finance team who seemed very relaxed and happy with their jobs too. I could judge that the company culture lacked pressure and was built on mid-talented people. I got an answer within a week.

Interview Questions
    • (Part of the presentation excercise) How was your approach towards the task creative?   Answer Question
    • How do you expect care home regulation to change?   Answer Question

Worked for Bupa International? Contribute to the Community!