Bupa International Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.4

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bupa International (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

Criterion based interview process on a one to one basis with a home manager. The interview focused on background experience, technical competence, scenarios and leadership skills. Prior to the interview I had to complete two competency based assessments around safe medications management and care planning for a pre-determined care scenario.

Preauthorisation Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bupa International (Hove, England (UK)) in April 2014.

Interview

Phone interview ('Why do you want to work for BUPA?, 'What do you know about BUPA and it's products?', a role play followed by a competency style question), once passed I was invited to an face to face interview which included an introduction to BUPA then a competency based interview with around 5/6 questions. I was then given a 15min letter writing task, replying to a complaint from a client who had not been contacted when he was told he would be.
    I was also asked about which role I would prefer and which hours want to go for (there are night, day and twilight shifts and 2 separate roles but they ultimately decide which role you are best for)

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were the standard competency questions used including questions about a time I've shown great team work, a time when I've had a difficult decision/ had to give a difficult message, a time when I've shown exellant customer service.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not attempt a negotiation and it would be my feeling that it would not be a negotionable salary or hours.

Housekeeper Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bupa International (Dartford, England (UK)) in February 2014.

Interview

Email, interview then CRB check.

Housekeeping Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Bupa International (Bearsden, Scotland (UK)) in March 2013.

Interview

A 1:1 interview with Housekeeping Manager followed by a PVG background check which took around 4 weeks. Interview was very easygoing and enjoyable, felt more like a chat than an interview but I was asked all the right questions as you would expect at an interview. Quite a few personality question like "what are your stregths/weeknesses ?" e.t.c. No trick questions, pretty standard, straight forward interview.

Interview Questions

• I can't really remember ! I guess this means the process was quite easy.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Started with a group interview stage, completing a team task followed by individual assessments, continued to second stage face-to-face, competency based interview. Professional and timely process that appeared fair and consistent in approach.

Financial Systems Support & Development Junior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bupa International (Manchester, England (UK)) in February 2012.

Interview

Communication from the manager/interviewer was frequent and informal before the interview.

My single interview with the company was very relaxed, which I wasn't quite expecting (though it was for a industrial placement role).

Questions were the standard "can you demonstrate this skill" type. After that was covered, a significant amount of time was spent talking about each other's hobbies and interests etc.

As it was for a fixed-term, 12-15 month position I guess it was more about finding somebody that would fit in with that particular team rather than the organisation as a whole.

Interview Questions

• I did not expect the interviewer (who is now my team leader) to spend so much of the interview talking about hobbies and interests.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very simple. I received a call, was offered the job and accepted.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bupa International (London, England (UK)) in January 2010.

Interview

Telephone
    1:1
    Case study
    Panel

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Push them hard to see if they want you

Finance Graduate Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bupa International (London, England (UK)) in November 2009.

Interview

The application form was farely easy to complete and the numerical test was the typical SHL test. Soon after completing them I got a telephone interview with all the expected competency questions ranging from "team example" to "what do you think is our main target group" and "why do you want to work for BUPA". I was soon contacted for an assessment day at their office in London. It was 9:30-16:30 and included a face-to-face interview, a group presentation and discussion, and a case study on which I had to present a report (no further tests). We had breaks between each stage, the HR team was very nice. During lunch we got to talk to people from the finance team who seemed very relaxed and happy with their jobs too. I could judge that the company culture lacked pressure and was built on mid-talented people. I got an answer within a week.

Interview Questions

• (Part of the presentation excercise) How was your approach towards the task creative?   Answer Question
    • How do you expect care home regulation to change?   Answer Question