Bupa Interview Questions

Updated Jun 9, 2015

2.4

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bupa (Miami, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

3 rounds, 2 over the phone one face to face with 4 different managers. Took an assessment and I'm still waiting for the answer. I'm gonna give it one more week to move forward with another company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bupa (Miami, FL) in October 2009.

Interview

I couldn't see the department, because they were interviewing for a position for someone they were firing. That was a mistake, because the office space was very small and crowded. Had I gone through the normal interview process, I probably would have not accepted the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes, I negotiated a bit.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bupa (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

Criterion based interview process on a one to one basis with a home manager. The interview focused on background experience, technical competence, scenarios and leadership skills. Prior to the interview I had to complete two competency based assessments around safe medications management and care planning for a pre-determined care scenario.

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Bupa.

Interview

The Interview process was very relaxed yet structured. Whilst the interview was only expected to run for approximately an hour the conversation just flowed. A 2nd interview was then arranged to meet with the CEO and Director of the Care Homes business.

Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Bupa (Melbourne (Australia)) in July 2014.

Interview

A two interview process. Relaxed and friendly. Highly concentrated on past experience and what that will bring to the role; perhaps as against opportunities to express new ideas. Allowed time to be asked questions of. Though probably did not offer enough about the role on offer to properly provide a basis for your own questions. All in all, it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• How have you failed or been heavily challenged in your past role? How did you overcome this?   Answer Question

Preauthorisation Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hove, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bupa (Hove, England (UK)) in April 2014.

Interview

Phone interview ('Why do you want to work for BUPA?, 'What do you know about BUPA and it's products?', a role play followed by a competency style question), once passed I was invited to an face to face interview which included an introduction to BUPA then a competency based interview with around 5/6 questions. I was then given a 15min letter writing task, replying to a complaint from a client who had not been contacted when he was told he would be. I was also asked about which role I would prefer and which hours want to go for (there are night, day and twilight shifts and 2 separate roles but they ultimately decide which role you are best for)

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were the standard competency questions used including questions about a time I've shown great team work, a time when I've had a difficult decision/ had to give a difficult message, a time when I've shown exellant customer service.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not attempt a negotiation and it would be my feeling that it would not be a negotionable salary or hours.

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dartford, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bupa (Dartford, England (UK)) in February 2014.

Interview

Email, interview then CRB check.

Housekeeping Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bearsden, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bupa (Bearsden, Scotland (UK)) in March 2013.

Interview

A 1:1 interview with Housekeeping Manager followed by a PVG background check which took around 4 weeks. Interview was very easygoing and enjoyable, felt more like a chat than an interview but I was asked all the right questions as you would expect at an interview. Quite a few personality question like "what are your stregths/weeknesses ?" e.t.c. No trick questions, pretty standard, straight forward interview.

Interview Questions

• I can't really remember ! I guess this means the process was quite easy.   Answer Question

Interview

Started with a group interview stage, completing a team task followed by individual assessments, continued to second stage face-to-face, competency based interview. Professional and timely process that appeared fair and consistent in approach.

Interview Questions

Interview

I applied online and got a mail from HR Dept to come for the interview. There are basically 3 technical rounds one taken up by senior manager and 2 rounds by Head of the Department. After that there is a conversation with Assistant HR Manager regarding work culture and office timings.

Negotiation

There are very few CA students who opt for industrial training. So, one can negotiate on stipend confidently. Don't be afraid of loosing the offer.