Burberry Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2015

2.8

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burberry.

Interview

Applied online, received an email saying they want to continue with the hiring process. Received a phone interview, then called in for a 1:1 interview. Had to provide a few different references, then called a few days later and accepted the position.

Interview Questions

• How well you can strive in an aggressive commission sales environment. Your luxury sales experience. What you can bring to such a close-knit that also will make them be more successful.   Answer Question

Service Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Burberry.

Interview

I applied online about 6 months prior to being contacted, I did a first interview with an assistant manager in the store and he asked me to set up a second interview. I interviewed with the District Manager about a week later, as the store didnt currently have a store manager. The district manager was very condescending in the interview process. It was understood that I had no clothing sales experience going in, and she talked down to me during the interview when it came to not having the clothing experience. Throughout the interview she essentially talked to me like I had no business being in front of her. I walked in to the interview excited about the opportunity, as the assistant manager I had spoken with was great. I left the interview feeling that if they had offered me the job, I wasnt sure I would take it. Disheartening for such a well known company.

Digital Marketing and Media Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Burberry.

Interview

I applied via Burberry's site and heard back within a week. I would say this interview process went great, where I first had a chance to speak with the HR. I then had an interview with the digital marketing manager shortly after. We had a casual talk. The talk was in one of the smaller private meeting room, which provided privacy.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Burberry.

Interview

One month after I applied, I had a phone screening with HR that was a walk through of my resume, and then an interview time was set up to meet with the hiring manager. During the interview with the hiring manager, I was told flat out that they loved my resume and the fact that I had a broad range of experience within the fashion industry. They were very enthusiastic about my responses as to why I wanted to work for the company and in this role specifically, as well as the examples of relatable past experiences and successes that I provided.

One week later I was set up to interview with the boss of the hiring manager. This person immediately seemed to be put off by the broad range of experience I had (which the hiring manager had loved..), and questioned me as to why if I wanted to work in merchandising, then why hadn't I just always worked in merchandising? Didn't seem to understand my response when I expressed the importance of being well-rounded and how an understanding of how all roles relate has made me a more effective cross-functional communicator. Asked more questions about my resume and frequently cut off my answers, didn't really seem to pay attention to what I was saying and then would later re-question me on those things in a rather confused manner.

Two and a half weeks later I received a generic rejection letter from their "Don't Reply" email address. You can never truly know why you were rejected from a job, but overall I think it's too bad that the hiring manager's boss didn't review my resume and express their dislike to HR before I was set up to interview for this role, so as to not waste everyone's time.

Interview Questions

• Asked to walk the interviewers through my resume, asked about knowledge of computer systems, asked if I applied online or via a headhunter, asked why I wanted to work for Burberry, asked why I wanted to work in merchandising, asked if I visited their retail stores and what merchandising call outs I had for the product categories I was interviewing for, asked what other companies I was applying to, asked what my personal interests outside of work are, asked what salary range I was looking for.   Answer Question

Human Resources Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Burberry (New York, NY).

Interview

What a nightmare; was blind called and questioned about my employment history when I said I was at work at the moment and completely unprepared to speak about my application. When I told the recruiter this, he/she responded: "well, now I know you won't be able to make anything up-there is more honesty in unpreparedness" What? Was then told I would be brought in for an in-person interview and never called (or responded to) again.

Interview Questions

• Grilled on the statistics of my current employer, mind you, while thinking off the top of my head and at work.   Answer Question

Service Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Burberry (Kansas City, MO) in October 2014.

Interview

applied a year ago then one year later they had job opening. The management team decided to email me and ask me if I am intersted in posdible appourtnity. I was very interated and they ask me to apply online and after they set up an interview with me.

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burberry (West Palm Beach, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

I had two interviews about a hour each. I inquired about the job and she interviewed me on the spot. She then called me the next day set up. Another interview. The next day I interviewed she set me up for orientation. As long as you know about to drive business that's all they want to hear.

Interview Questions

• Do you know about business? Do you know about what drives business including UPT ATV SPH and conversion ?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Burberry (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Great Interview. Wonderful experience. They were very informative about their company as well as interested in knowing about you. Friendly and pleasant. They made the interviewing process very relaxed and easy going. They were very engaging and you can tell everyone likes each other and they all work together as a team. Happy employees equals great company. This is how a company should be. Burberry has the right attitude and a great brand.

Interview Questions

• Had to act out a senario with two different customers one easy going and the other impatient and difficult and as you're going along they switch it up. You are kept on your toes. Make sure you know proper retail skills and practice makes perfect.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Interview

Interview was pretty normal. Which ever store your going to work at, you sit down with the store manager and assistant manger and you guys have a discussion about yourself and prior work experience.

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burberry.

Interview

I applied online, and shortly afterwards received a phone call to set up an interview on a Monday at 2 PM. I arrived at the store and was greeted by an associate who went to tell the manager I had arrived. The associate returned and told me the manager was on the phone, and I should wait on the customer bench. I waited there for another 10 minutes. Another employee came up and introduced herself as the floor supervisor. She gave me a paper application, clipboard and pen and told me to sit on the bench and complete the application. I did so, then proceeded to wait as she and other associates walked past me, focusing on tasks like filling the floor. The associates did not seem happy and were not engaging with customers at all. When it reached 2:30, a full half hour after my interview time, I got up to leave. The first associate asked if I was all set and I told her "Please tell the GM the interview was for 2:00. If she respect me as an applicant, I don't expect she would respect me as an employee. I then left the store.

Interview Questions

• Being told to fill out a sales associate type application for a management position.   Answer Question