Burberry Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2015

2.8

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Burberry.

Interview

Received a call a few days after I submitted my application. Very friendly woman who wanted to schedule an interview. Unfortunately I was finishing my last credit in school and had to schedule for the next week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Burberry (Atlanta, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

There were 3 interviewers in that interview. They let me introduce myself first and the general manager asked me some questions. And then the store manager and then the assistant manager. After the interview the assistant manager told me that he will call me when they are ready to hire. I got a call after 3 days, just finish some paper work. I didn't take the job at last.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself. What's your definition of "fashion"? What's the fashion trend now? Have you been in a unexpected situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Burberry.

Interview

I applied for the job on their website, and was aggressively pursued. Received emails and calls. The interview was set up on email before anyone even spoke with me on the phone. Met with the internal recruiter, hiring manager, and another team member day 1. Day 2 met with 3 other team members. With such an aggressive interview process you would think they really had a great process going, but unfortunately, radio silence for over a week. I finally email them to ask for a follow up regarding the final decision after the final interview - which professionally speaking should have been initiated by the company. Upon my email, they were extremely quick to not pursue further. I would recommend Burberry to professionally follow up to close up the interview process.

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Burberry (New York, NY).

Interview

The process was straight forward. It started with a HR phone screen, then a 1 on 1 interview with the Director and ended with a 1 on 1 interview with the VP. A few days later I spoke with HR to negotiate Salary.

Anonymous Employee in Laguna Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Burberry (Laguna Beach, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I didnt even get a change to get interviewed. I got an email the next day saying that I did not go any further with my application.I think they should talk to a person before they decline them, but I understand since I was applying half way across the country!

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burberry.

Interview

Applied online, received an email saying they want to continue with the hiring process. Received a phone interview, then called in for a 1:1 interview. Had to provide a few different references, then called a few days later and accepted the position.

Interview Questions

• How well you can strive in an aggressive commission sales environment. Your luxury sales experience. What you can bring to such a close-knit that also will make them be more successful.   Answer Question

PT Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burberry (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I had two interviews in the same format; both interviews contained general questions about myself and my experience, as well as how I would handle different scenarios, and what some of my preferences were in the workplace.

Interview Questions

• Outside of the typical interview questions (strengths and weaknesses, etc.), there was "How do you prefer to receive feedback?" and "How would you approach your new team?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The interviewer offered me a specific hourly rate, and I accepted.

Service Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Burberry.

Interview

I applied online about 6 months prior to being contacted, I did a first interview with an assistant manager in the store and he asked me to set up a second interview. I interviewed with the District Manager about a week later, as the store didnt currently have a store manager. The district manager was very condescending in the interview process. It was understood that I had no clothing sales experience going in, and she talked down to me during the interview when it came to not having the clothing experience. Throughout the interview she essentially talked to me like I had no business being in front of her. I walked in to the interview excited about the opportunity, as the assistant manager I had spoken with was great. I left the interview feeling that if they had offered me the job, I wasnt sure I would take it. Disheartening for such a well known company.

Digital Marketing and Media Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burberry.

Interview

I applied via Burberry's site and heard back within a week. I would say this interview process went great, where I first had a chance to speak with the HR. I then had an interview with the digital marketing manager shortly after. We had a casual talk. The talk was in one of the smaller private meeting room, which provided privacy.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Burberry.

Interview

One month after I applied, I had a phone screening with HR that was a walk through of my resume, and then an interview time was set up to meet with the hiring manager. During the interview with the hiring manager, I was told flat out that they loved my resume and the fact that I had a broad range of experience within the fashion industry. They were very enthusiastic about my responses as to why I wanted to work for the company and in this role specifically, as well as the examples of relatable past experiences and successes that I provided. One week later I was set up to interview with the boss of the hiring manager. This person immediately seemed to be put off by the broad range of experience I had (which the hiring manager had loved..), and questioned me as to why if I wanted to work in merchandising, then why hadn't I just always worked in merchandising? Didn't seem to understand my response when I expressed the importance of being well-rounded and how an understanding of how all roles relate has made me a more effective cross-functional communicator. Asked more questions about my resume and frequently cut off my answers, didn't really seem to pay attention to what I was saying and then would later re-question me on those things in a rather confused manner. Two and a half weeks later I received a generic rejection letter from their "Don't Reply" email address. You can never truly know why you were rejected from a job, but overall I think it's too bad that the hiring manager's boss didn't review my resume and express their dislike to HR before I was set up to interview for this role, so as to not waste everyone's time.

Interview Questions

• Asked to walk the interviewers through my resume, asked about knowledge of computer systems, asked if I applied online or via a headhunter, asked why I wanted to work for Burberry, asked why I wanted to work in merchandising, asked if I visited their retail stores and what merchandising call outs I had for the product categories I was interviewing for, asked what other companies I was applying to, asked what my personal interests outside of work are, asked what salary range I was looking for.   Answer Question