Bureau Van Dijk Electronic Publishing

www.bvdny.com
  www.bvdny.com

Bureau Van Dijk Electronic Publishing Business Development Manager Interview Questions

4.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bureau Van Dijk Electronic Publishing

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bureau Van Dijk Electronic Publishing in March 2012.

I was shocked to see that all of the other reviews were true. I read the review between the first and second interviews and originally chalked it up to a bunch of disgruntled folks that don;t know how to interview.

I went through two interviews, the first with a newly hired manager and then again w/ the mgr, plus his boss in New York.

The Chicago manager seemed very nice, great rapport and easy to work with. This is the only reason I accepted a second interview.

When I got to the second interview, the senior manager from New York had an odd personality, and seemed like he could care less that I was there. Then I made their required presentation on why the company is so great. Not an easy thing to put together considering I couldn't find a single positive thing said about the company online. After my presentation, it was clear that they weren't too impressed. But, they asked my to ask my questions. I asked what kinds of backgrounds their recent hires have had, and what they think about my background. This was met with something along the lines of, "Really, I don't care what people have done. It is never the right experience. we have to retrain everyone to do out work." This made me want to say duh, of course you have to train new folks, every company does. I was asking if I could be a fit.

Interview Questions

It is the rudest interview process I ever experienced.

Other Interview Reviews for Bureau Van Dijk Electronic Publishing

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bureau Van Dijk Electronic Publishing in December 2011.

This was by far the most uncomfortable series of interviews I have experienced to date in my professional career. The format consisted of 1:1 meetings/group meetings/presentation. Throughout the entire process the management insisted that everything you've learned to date is wrong and that you will need to be re-trained to think. I get it, new firm, new sales philosophy...okay. At no point throughout the entire process do they provide a reason to encourage you to join the firm. Your previous experiences are attacked, your reasons for wanting to join are mute, and you leave the meeting thinking "what just happened?". In my opinion, I felt it was more a hiring strategy...who's strong enough to take it and still want to work there...but still, you're taking a huge chance that this may be the culture you're joining...At the end of the day, you want to like, to some degree, the people you will be working for, if that's not the case, why bother.....all in all, okay product...but given the observations made, and my assessment of the firm, I felt it was too risky.

Too risky

Business Development Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bureau Van Dijk Electronic Publishing in December 2011.

The first interview was conducted over the phone. It was very short, and basically asked me about my understanding of consultative sales, and what I was looking for in my next career opportunity. I wasn't going to go into the face to face interview because the company's offerings didn't really exit me, but I took the interview anyway. The face to face interview didn't seem very scripted, and I got a good understanding of the company and their training process which sounded like a good opportunity, so I proceeded to the presentation. The guidelines that the recruiter gave for the presentation were very general, so it took me some time to build the presentation (about 8 hours). I think I did a good job with the presentation, but the offer was made to somebody else.

Interview Questions
    • How do you think Bureau van Dijk products are used in a business?   View Answer

Business Development Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Bureau Van Dijk Electronic Publishing in June 2011.

The interview process lasted approximately two weeks. There wan an initial phone interview with one of the territory managers. Secondly, there was an in-person interview with three executives, including the vice president of the local branch. After the in-person interview, I was asked to give a presentation. Lastly, there was a 1:1 interview with the vice president to explain the job in more detail and discuss specifics of the actual offer. My advice: Take the interview process very seriously and be very professional. Dress the part and arrive 10-15 minutes early for each meeting. If you make it to the presentation phase of the interview process, choose your topic very carefully and request ample time to put it together and prepare yourself. Take each interview seriously, but don't be afraid to act somewhat informal. Remember, they are not trying to hire robots. They are looking for qualified applicants who will fit into a comfortable and light-hearted work environment.

Interview Questions
    • From what you have researched, explain what Bureau van Dijk does   View Answer
    • How has your previous work experience prepared you to become part of BVD?   View Answer
    There was an opportunity to negotiate but I left that up to my recruitor and BVD.

Worked for Bureau Van Dijk Electronic Publishing? Contribute to the Community!