Bureau Van Dijk Electronic Publishing

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bureau Van Dijk Electronic Publishing in July 2011.

A recruiter set me up for a phone interview with BvD. She gave me a decent amount of information on the company, though I wasn't convinced she truly knew what they did. I also did a decent amount of research on the company myself through several online sources including their website and their parent company's website.

When the phone interview time came, there was no call. I contacted the recruiter and asked what had happened. She apologized and said she would try to reschedule it for later that day. An hour and a half later I get a call from the company representative conducting the phone interview. There are sirens in the background and it is clear he was outside in the city. He said he needed to keep it short so we would only go for half the originally planned time (it was 4:45 and I got the distinct impression he wanted to wrap it up in the last 15 min of the work day). He only asked 3 questions and said he didn't have time to answer my questions about the company at the time. At the end of the interview, I asked if he had any concerns about my candidacy, and he said there wasn't a thing. I never heard back from him and later learned the company didn't want to go further with me.

Overall I was very disappointed by this interview. It was the most unprofessional phone interview I've experienced, taking place outside in a noisy city, and with no attempt to hide the feeling that the whole thing was a formality that needed to finish so this employee could get off work.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bureau Van Dijk Electronic Publishing

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bureau Van Dijk Electronic Publishing in March 2009.

First had a phone interview then an inperson interview!

Interview Questions