Bureau Veritas Interview Questions & Reviews

2.6

Staff Geologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kailua, HI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kailua, HI

I interviewed through other source. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Bureau Veritas in January 2010.

I contacted Bureau Veritas via email, sending in a resume following an email about a job posting coming from my University- UH Manoa in August or September. I received a call back in December about interviewing after the holidays, which I did (so early January). I wore a suit to my interview. I was interviewed by the local VP of the company and my future manager. They mostly asked about the geology program at the University of Hawaii, and mentioned they were both geologists. They also knew my current employer at the time, and exactly what I did there (laboratory work for TestAmerica, Inc.), so they did not ask much about that. They understood my current manager did not know I was interviewing. The then showed me around the office and introduced me to all of the employees. In hindsight, I think they intended to hire me before the interview, considering they introduced me to everyone. They asked me to fill out the official job application only after they provided me with an offer. Two striking comments from people after I was hired: (1) [from my manager] "We really took a risk hiring you, but you definitely turned out to be a good hire"; and (2) [from a coworker] "when I met you when you interviewed I was really worried you were not a good candidate, like you wouldn't be willing to get your hands dirty. You looked like an engineer, not a geologist, and I was worried about doing field work with you. You're really good, though! Surprising (in a good way). We hired one girl who was an engineer and she wouldn't get her hands dirty, so I wasn't sure about you at first."

Interview Questions
    • The most striking question they asked me was if I felt comfortable managing local crews of men out in the field, for tasks like drilling.   View Answer
    The salary was not negotiable because I did not have professional experience in the field, beyond an internship and some lab experience. They suggested my offer was very strong, though. I did negotiate that I would be able to take one week of leave without pay in the first two months, because I already had a trip planned and confirmed with my previous employer. I noticed that the manager that hired me did not tell anyone about this agreement, though, so I slipped it into every conversation possible so that my coworkers would not feel abandoned during a busy time.

Receptionist Interview

Hiring process was very enjoyable and positive.

Interview Questions
    • were you ever let go from another job.   View Answer

Senior Quantity Surveyor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bureau Veritas in November 2010.

Every company has its own way of hiring their employees. Just follow the instructions. For me I can't exactly remember when/how I applied with BV. I just received a phone call company name Bureau Veritas and it's my first time to know BV. I remember last 6months I had applied some Confidential Company and I assumed BV is one of them. I did not ask also in the interview and until now, how they got my CV.

Interview Questions
    I accepted the offer because for the chance to become a DOT employee after 2-3 years, but until now still waiting.

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Noida (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Bureau Veritas in April 2014.

The interview process is not so good. They have a written test even for 9-10 years of experienced professionals in NCR. If a person is going for Tech Lead, Project Lead, Module lead position then he/she must not be doing 100% coding job. Test include both Objective type and subjective questions. Objective type questions are completely on programming. Subjective type questions are to write program.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bureau Veritas in August 2013.

Interview process is moderate Need to have basic knowledge in chemical safety process and hazard and project management.

BV is very stingy. Heard rumors that BV is one of the companies that pays the staff at under-market salary.

Coordinator Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Bureau Veritas in January 2012.

- phone interview
    - with 2 interviewers
    - ask about my experience
    - try to understand what was my work background
    - no technical questions
    - no real discussion of the "money" issue, like take it or leave it
    - they were not true-full about the life conditions on Angola

Interview Questions
    - really quick, like take it or leave it

Engineering Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Bureau Veritas in August 2011.

As i got selected after the aptitude test, there was a group of 8 people who attended the P.I and 4 were sorted out. eventually 2 were offered with the job including me.

Interview Questions
    • what is the measuring unit for Density?   View Answer

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Bureau Veritas in March 2010.

My CV was submitted through one of my friend who was working in the company. I was asked to come for the Interview by the Finance & Admin Manager. He interview me for around 30 mins. Mainly he interviewed on the HR Aspects, Labour Law and other Admin Activities. Also, he enquired about my previous package. In the end, everything went well.

Interview Questions
    I was not able to negotiate due to my situation at that time. I would advice others to have an idea about the salary package for the same position in the market so that they would be in a better position to negotiate.

Marketing Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Bureau Veritas in August 2011.

There was call asking if I am interested with details being sent by the company.
    Called for a personal interview of two rounds first being the HR and second by the senior marketing manager.
    I was given a call to intimate selection and was a given time of 15 days to join.
    Caution - there is no negotiation on salary.

Interview Questions
    • How would you be able the sell the company products   View Answer
    No there seemed to be no scope for negotiation. have salary slabs.
    Salary is low but a most of offices are chilled...

Auditor Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Bureau Veritas in February 2012.

it was relaxing

Interview Questions

Worked for Bureau Veritas? Contribute to the Community!