Bureau Veritas Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2015

2.7

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bureau Veritas.

Interview

I applied via LinkedIn, the process took a month. 4 phone interviews and 2 face-to-face interviews with your direct manager and your client. Before the last phone interview, I asked to research a topic and summarize my findings following a format provided.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I under sold myself...I gave them a range and they took advantage of that...Do your research before providing a range..... Lesson learned...

Receptionist Interview

Interview

Hiring process was very enjoyable and positive.

Interview Questions

• were you ever let go from another job.   1 Answer

Field Inspector Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Bureau Veritas in July 2010.

Interview

I submitted an electronic resume on a Sunday and before I got home from work on Monday I had been contacted. They wanted to hire me immediately only I had reservations. I wanted to know more about the position and what it had to offer than they seem to want to know about me. I asked for a face to face meeting and they were surprised that I was not just jumping at the opportunity. I took the position after meeting with them and have no regrets since.

Interview Questions

• Can you start immediately, and without a person to person meeting. They only wanted a photo which I felt was odd but later I discovered was industry standard.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was a set income based on contractual guidelines of their customer

Staff Geologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kailua, HI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Bureau Veritas (Kailua, HI) in January 2010.

Interview

I contacted Bureau Veritas via email, sending in a resume following an email about a job posting coming from my University- UH Manoa in August or September. I received a call back in December about interviewing after the holidays, which I did (so early January). I wore a suit to my interview. I was interviewed by the local VP of the company and my future manager. They mostly asked about the geology program at the University of Hawaii, and mentioned they were both geologists. They also knew my current employer at the time, and exactly what I did there (laboratory work for TestAmerica, Inc.), so they did not ask much about that. They understood my current manager did not know I was interviewing. The then showed me around the office and introduced me to all of the employees. In hindsight, I think they intended to hire me before the interview, considering they introduced me to everyone. They asked me to fill out the official job application only after they provided me with an offer. Two striking comments from people after I was hired: (1) [from my manager] "We really took a risk hiring you, but you definitely turned out to be a good hire"; and (2) [from a coworker] "when I met you when you interviewed I was really worried you were not a good candidate, like you wouldn't be willing to get your hands dirty. You looked like an engineer, not a geologist, and I was worried about doing field work with you. You're really good, though! Surprising (in a good way). We hired one girl who was an engineer and she wouldn't get her hands dirty, so I wasn't sure about you at first."

Interview Questions

• The most striking question they asked me was if I felt comfortable managing local crews of men out in the field, for tasks like drilling.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The salary was not negotiable because I did not have professional experience in the field, beyond an internship and some lab experience. They suggested my offer was very strong, though. I did negotiate that I would be able to take one week of leave without pay in the first two months, because I already had a trip planned and confirmed with my previous employer. I noticed that the manager that hired me did not tell anyone about this agreement, though, so I slipped it into every conversation possible so that my coworkers would not feel abandoned during a busy time.

Chargée De La Relation Clients Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Limoges (France)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at Bureau Veritas (Limoges (France)).

Interview

Embauche par Intérim pour remplacement d'une personne en arrêt maladie. Après plusieurs mois en intérim, on m'a proposé un CDI, la personne que je remplaçais ayant eu une autre proposition de poste en interne

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Il n'y a pas vraiment eu de phase de négociation

Java Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bureau Veritas (Noida (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview process consisted of 2 Technical, 1 Managerial and final HR round.
    I could not get through the complete process but i am rating my exp. as positive because the interviewer was really really knowledgeable person.
    i lost an opportunity but at the same time i learned a lot in a span of 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• Memory Management, Threads, Join, Immutability, String, Abstraction, Hashing, Collections.
      All scenario based question with real Coding examples.

1 Answer

Risk and Safety Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bureau Veritas (Birmingham, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

First Telephonic Interview and then face to face, face to face involved technical test for 30 min and few interview questions
    Technical test focuses on fault tree analysis and casual tree analysis and few question towards process safety management and basics of safety engineering principles eg: difference between occupational safety and process safety, hierarchy of safety, audit principles etc...

Interview Questions

• More questions towards your experience and CV, but they focus on client revenue and business development skills   Answer Question

Tech Lead Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bureau Veritas in December 2014.

Interview

Very bad, highliy mis-managed, and disorganized:
    1. Firstly, I had a telephonic.
    2. Then, I had a written. Not online or on laptop, but on paper which included more than 20 subjective questions. They should understand that IT developers can type for 24 hours at a stretch, but they can't write using pen and paper for a stretch of 2 minutes because of out-of-touch. Secondly, applications for senior positions should not be this way; it should be more mature and respectful.
    3. After that client round and offshore manager round together.
    4. Then, last round left - seniormost HR round. But, just before that, I was handed over another paper of logical ability test... shouldn't this be one of the first rounds..
    5. I just started answering those, the seniormost HR came, had some discussions and case-studies with me, and then handed me the offer. She wished me congrats and told me that I can leave for the day. I asked what about this logical ability test... she replied, forget it... :)

Interview Questions

• I was very well prepared; there were some difficult questions especially in the managerial round, but I had fair bit of experience in dealing unhealthy situations within team.   Answer Question

Negotiation

HR was happy and impressed with my loyalty and gave me a good offer. Looking forward....

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bureau Veritas (Noida (India)) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview process is not so good. They have a written test even for 9-10 years of experienced professionals in NCR. If a person is going for Tech Lead, Project Lead, Module lead position then he/she must not be doing 100% coding job. Test include both Objective type and subjective questions. Objective type questions are completely on programming. Subjective type questions are to write program.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bureau Veritas (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in April 2014.

Interview

I was put in touch with the company by a local contact who sent along my CV. I met with the team at the office, was given a tour, and sat down for a casual informational session. They asked me about my educational background and what brought me to China, of which I informed them.