Bureau Veritas

Updated Feb 18, 2015
Updated Feb 18, 2015

2.8

Program Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bureau Veritas.

I applied via LinkedIn, the process took a month. 4 phone interviews and 2 face-to-face interviews with your direct manager and your client. Before the last phone interview, I asked to research a topic and summarize my findings following a format provided.

Interview Questions
    I under sold myself...I gave them a range and they took advantage of that...Do your research before providing a range..... Lesson learned...

Receptionist Interview

Hiring process was very enjoyable and positive.

Interview Questions
    • were you ever let go from another job.   View Answer

Field Inspector Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Bureau Veritas in July 2010.

I submitted an electronic resume on a Sunday and before I got home from work on Monday I had been contacted. They wanted to hire me immediately only I had reservations. I wanted to know more about the position and what it had to offer than they seem to want to know about me. I asked for a face to face meeting and they were surprised that I was not just jumping at the opportunity. I took the position after meeting with them and have no regrets since.

Interview Questions
    • Can you start immediately, and without a person to person meeting. They only wanted a photo which I felt was odd but later I discovered was industry standard.   Answer Question
    It was a set income based on contractual guidelines of their customer

Staff Geologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kailua, HI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kailua, HI

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Bureau Veritas in January 2010.

I contacted Bureau Veritas via email, sending in a resume following an email about a job posting coming from my University- UH Manoa in August or September. I received a call back in December about interviewing after the holidays, which I did (so early January). I wore a suit to my interview. I was interviewed by the local VP of the company and my future manager. They mostly asked about the geology program at the University of Hawaii, and mentioned they were both geologists. They also knew my current employer at the time, and exactly what I did there (laboratory work for TestAmerica, Inc.), so they did not ask much about that. They understood my current manager did not know I was interviewing. The then showed me around the office and introduced me to all of the employees. In hindsight, I think they intended to hire me before the interview, considering they introduced me to everyone. They asked me to fill out the official job application only after they provided me with an offer. Two striking comments from people after I was hired: (1) [from my manager] "We really took a risk hiring you, but you definitely turned out to be a good hire"; and (2) [from a coworker] "when I met you when you interviewed I was really worried you were not a good candidate, like you wouldn't be willing to get your hands dirty. You looked like an engineer, not a geologist, and I was worried about doing field work with you. You're really good, though! Surprising (in a good way). We hired one girl who was an engineer and she wouldn't get her hands dirty, so I wasn't sure about you at first."

Interview Questions
    • The most striking question they asked me was if I felt comfortable managing local crews of men out in the field, for tasks like drilling.   View Answer
    The salary was not negotiable because I did not have professional experience in the field, beyond an internship and some lab experience. They suggested my offer was very strong, though. I did negotiate that I would be able to take one week of leave without pay in the first two months, because I already had a trip planned and confirmed with my previous employer. I noticed that the manager that hired me did not tell anyone about this agreement, though, so I slipped it into every conversation possible so that my coworkers would not feel abandoned during a busy time.

Java Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bureau Veritas in February 2015.

Interview process consisted of 2 Technical, 1 Managerial and final HR round.
    I could not get through the complete process but i am rating my exp. as positive because the interviewer was really really knowledgeable person.
    i lost an opportunity but at the same time i learned a lot in a span of 1 hour.

Interview Questions
    • Memory Management, Threads, Join, Immutability, String, Abstraction, Hashing, Collections.
      All scenario based question with real Coding examples.

View Answer

Tech Lead Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bureau Veritas in December 2014.

Very bad, highliy mis-managed, and disorganized:
    1. Firstly, I had a telephonic.
    2. Then, I had a written. Not online or on laptop, but on paper which included more than 20 subjective questions. They should understand that IT developers can type for 24 hours at a stretch, but they can't write using pen and paper for a stretch of 2 minutes because of out-of-touch. Secondly, applications for senior positions should not be this way; it should be more mature and respectful.
    3. After that client round and offshore manager round together.
    4. Then, last round left - seniormost HR round. But, just before that, I was handed over another paper of logical ability test... shouldn't this be one of the first rounds..
    5. I just started answering those, the seniormost HR came, had some discussions and case-studies with me, and then handed me the offer. She wished me congrats and told me that I can leave for the day. I asked what about this logical ability test... she replied, forget it... :)

Interview Questions
    • I was very well prepared; there were some difficult questions especially in the managerial round, but I had fair bit of experience in dealing unhealthy situations within team.   Answer Question
    HR was happy and impressed with my loyalty and gave me a good offer. Looking forward....

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bureau Veritas in April 2014.

The interview process is not so good. They have a written test even for 9-10 years of experienced professionals in NCR. If a person is going for Tech Lead, Project Lead, Module lead position then he/she must not be doing 100% coding job. Test include both Objective type and subjective questions. Objective type questions are completely on programming. Subjective type questions are to write program.

Junior HSE Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuwait City (Kuwait)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuwait City (Kuwait)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bureau Veritas in February 2014.

Campus recruitment:
    Written test - Basic questions about petrochemical industry. But this was an elimination round.
    Interview - One round – Questions were based on the resume. Mainly communication skills were checked. Team work experience was valued. Difficulty level was moderate. Good physical appearance is a plus point.
    Group discussions: No

Interview Questions
    • Tell us an incident where you met up with a crisis and you solved it successfully.   Answer Question
    Right now BV's business is doing bad.

Auditor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bureau Veritas in February 2012.

it was relaxing

Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bureau Veritas in January 2012.

- phone interview
    - with 2 interviewers
    - ask about my experience
    - try to understand what was my work background
    - no technical questions
    - no real discussion of the "money" issue, like take it or leave it
    - they were not true-full about the life conditions on Angola

Interview Questions
    - really quick, like take it or leave it