Bureau Veritas North America

Updated Jul 15, 2014
Updated Jul 15, 2014

2.6

Administrative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bureau Veritas North America.

Interview quick and calm.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about what this company does?   View Answer
    No negotiation. Liked the job, liked the offer, started right away

Environmental Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bureau Veritas North America.

I received a call to interview the day after I sent in my resume to a former colleague. I met with the division head and my meeting lasted 30 minutes. He didn't ask any hard questions and went through my resume with me. I felt that he didn't really listen to what I was saying though and kept trying to make me want to do the work he was interested in, not work I was interested in. I did not hear anything about my status for 2 months. HR called for compensation specifics and then I received an offer the following week.

Interview Questions

The offer was the same as my current salary and my counteroffer was declined. I was not offered any overtime either, which is offered at my current job, and was expected to work 50 to 60 hour weeks. My offer included the same amount of vacation but I did not receive any sick time.

Safety, Health, Environmental Manager Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bureau Veritas North America in June 2011.

The interview process was quick, slightly awkward because all of the candidates interviewed at the same time. Offer came quickly.

Offered job, I am a female and interviewed with a male with similiar education and credentials. Actually, I had an additional graduate degree. He was offered $50K more than me and sent me a copy of his offer. When I confronted their HR manager, she arranged to send my reimbursement check as though I was a consultant so that I got stuck paying taxes on it. They almost did not reimburse me and requested my social security number and paid my reimbursement as though I was a consultant to their company. I would not recommend this company to any female candidate.

Client Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amherst, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amherst, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bureau Veritas North America in August 2010.

It's a shame that what seems to have been a decent company was represented by the rudest person I have encountered.

First I spoke on the phone to an HR rep that was friendly and helpful. She then scheduled me for an interview with her and the department supervisor (here forward known as the rude one). Also present at the interview was the sister department supervisor, who also was polite, and very involved in the process.

The problem was the actual department supervisor! SHE NEVER EVEN LOOKED AT ME ONCE! When I walked in and was introduced, I extended my hand to each person; she looked at my hand instead of my face. From what I gathered both supervisors were supposed to me alternating questions to me, but the rude one didn't ask a single question, leaving gaps of silence that the HR person kept apologizing for. During answering each question the other supervisor asked, the rude one sat staring at the wall behind me or at the papers in front of her. AT ONE POINT I EVEN SAW HER LOOKING UP AT THE CEILING.

If this person cannot even conduct professionally during an interview, how does she run a department???

A few days later I got an email with the standard language, which I was actually thankful for because I pity anyone who has to work for this rude and unprofessional woman.

Project Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bureau Veritas North America in January 2010.

Very informal. What is your experience? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Where did you go to school? Tell me about yourself.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about the company? Giving examples of different cirrcumstances to do with managers and accounting.   View Answers (2)
    refused to budge on initial number

Software Developer With II Year Experience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bureau Veritas North America in February 2014.

Technical test java/j2ee jsp servlet, plsql, java code output.

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bureau Veritas North America in February 2014.

Through an agency, The agency interviewed based on my CV and then a phone interview with the company. After I had a nother 1:1 interview where I had general questions about my experiance. I had to take two test skills and persnality, 20 minuts each. at the nd of the week I had my feedback about the interview process.