Burger King

Updated Nov 9, 2014

1.7

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Manager Interview

face to face interview with store manager.just asked about past experiences.how my previous work qualified me for getting this job.asked me a few specific questions about how to manage a store in absence of the manager.

Other Interview Reviews for Burger King

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor Heights, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor Heights, IA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burger King in July 2014.

Got a call a couple of days after I applied online via Snagajob. Interviewed for assistant manager. 20 minute interview with just basic questions. Informed me that they position started as a regular employee. And need to work your way up. They did not have an assistant manager position available. I have many years experience with retail and restaurant management. I was offered a job but soon after I started I realized that they were only filling an empty spot working 430 am till 9 making minimum wage. Not what I was expecting or what I interviewed for.

Interview Questions
    • What hours are you available and do you have any problems being called in on your day off.   View Answer
    None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burger King.

I walked into a local restaurant and the district manager happened to be there. She seemed to like my personality and scheduled an interview for later in the week. During the interview, she asked me very basic questions about my experience. It was more of a friendly chat. She offered me the job on the spot.

No negotiation. She offered me considerably more than I was making and I accepted. In retrospect, I should have tried for more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Burger King in January 2014.

Some of the franchises hire headhunters to find candidates most suited to their needs. I applied online and was contacted by a headhunter. Let's just say that I definitely dodged a bullet by deciding not to further the interview process with this company. The pay that they tried to negotiate was laughable compared to other companies in the area with similar positions. The headhunter in particular was rude and shady, and when I did get to speak with the District Manager he/she wasn't very helpful.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Burger King.

What interested you about this Company, enthusiasm and motivations, get an overall picture of career aspirations,what is your biggest weakness and passions in order to determinate if this candidate will fi into the work culture

Because I was still working for Burger King

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhattan, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhattan, KS

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Burger King in December 2012.

Very fast. fast interview and works great.

it was fast and easy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Burger King in December 2012.

Those interested in a management should speak to their supervisor. If upper management is interested in offering an appointment, they will schedule an interview through your supervisor.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't much of a negotiation. I was offered a higher position than what I had, which was a cashier position, and I took it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

I applied in-person – interviewed at Burger King in March 2012.

Walked in and asked if they are currently hiring for assistant managers. Filled out an application and received a call from the company a week later.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation... should have because working 100 hrs every two weeks pay should be more!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erie, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erie, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Burger King in December 2011.

I went on Snagajob.com, submitted my Resume and Application. Two Days later I had an interview with the Area Manager, I met with her at a Burger King. The interview lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions
    • I never worked in a Restaurant before, however, I had been in Management for years and had a successful track record in sales and in customer service. I brought reports showing my success. Which helped because it showed that I was capable in being successful in managing a Restaurant.   Answer Question
    The Area Manager asked me what I made at my current job and what I would need to leave that employer to join the Burger King Team. With my 10 years in Management experience and I brought documentation from my previous job showing my success. I asked for a number and she came back to me, with what I thought was appropriate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Burger King in November 2011.

I got a phone call from the manager of Burger King (11410 S. W. Canyon Road, Beaverton, (503) 626-6947) on Friday,Oct. 28, that she liked my resume and would like to schedule an interview with me on Tuesday, Nov. 1, at 3:00. When I arrived on Tuesday, a crew member said that the manager was at a meeting and a assistant manager is absent too. Also she said that manager will be interviewing on Thursday. I got the manager sell # and left a message. I didn't get call back and went to this Burger King on Thursday. Assistant Manager said that the Manager is absent , but he promised to call her and advised me to call her too and leave a message, because she does not pick up her phone. Again, I left a message and didn't receive a call back ( today is Nov. 13). As you can see the Burger King is an irresponsible company with absent-minded managers.