Burger King Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Feb 20, 2015

1.9

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

face to face interview with store manager.just asked about past experiences.how my previous work qualified me for getting this job.asked me a few specific questions about how to manage a store in absence of the manager.

Other Interview Reviews for Burger King

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Burger King (Chattanooga, TN) in September 2014.

Interview

Went through three interviews where I spoke with the Above Restaurant Leader twice as well as the Director of Operations. After the first interview, I already felt like I got the job and the other two were formalities to go over job description, requirements and expectations.

Interview Questions

• What makes you right for the position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor Heights, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burger King (Windsor Heights, IA) in July 2014.

Interview

Got a call a couple of days after I applied online via Snagajob. Interviewed for assistant manager. 20 minute interview with just basic questions. Informed me that they position started as a regular employee. And need to work your way up. They did not have an assistant manager position available. I have many years experience with retail and restaurant management. I was offered a job but soon after I started I realized that they were only filling an empty spot working 430 am till 9 making minimum wage. Not what I was expecting or what I interviewed for.

Interview Questions

• What hours are you available and do you have any problems being called in on your day off.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burger King (Orlando, FL).

Interview

I walked into a local restaurant and the district manager happened to be there. She seemed to like my personality and scheduled an interview for later in the week. During the interview, she asked me very basic questions about my experience. It was more of a friendly chat. She offered me the job on the spot.

Negotiation

No negotiation. She offered me considerably more than I was making and I accepted. In retrospect, I should have tried for more.

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Burger King (Brooklyn, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Some of the franchises hire headhunters to find candidates most suited to their needs. I applied online and was contacted by a headhunter. Let's just say that I definitely dodged a bullet by deciding not to further the interview process with this company. The pay that they tried to negotiate was laughable compared to other companies in the area with similar positions. The headhunter in particular was rude and shady, and when I did get to speak with the District Manager he/she wasn't very helpful.

Interview Questions

• What availability do you have?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Burger King.

Interview

What interested you about this Company, enthusiasm and motivations, get an overall picture of career aspirations,what is your biggest weakness and passions in order to determinate if this candidate will fi into the work culture

Because I was still working for Burger King

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhattan, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Burger King (Manhattan, KS) in December 2012.

Interview

Very fast. fast interview and works great.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

it was fast and easy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Burger King (Canton, GA) in December 2012.

Interview

Those interested in a management should speak to their supervisor. If upper management is interested in offering an appointment, they will schedule an interview through your supervisor.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't much of a negotiation. I was offered a higher position than what I had, which was a cashier position, and I took it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Burger King (Rockville, MD) in March 2012.

Interview

Walked in and asked if they are currently hiring for assistant managers. Filled out an application and received a call from the company a week later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation... should have because working 100 hrs every two weeks pay should be more!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erie, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Burger King (Erie, PA) in December 2011.

Interview

I went on Snagajob.com, submitted my Resume and Application. Two Days later I had an interview with the Area Manager, I met with her at a Burger King. The interview lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions

• I never worked in a Restaurant before, however, I had been in Management for years and had a successful track record in sales and in customer service. I brought reports showing my success. Which helped because it showed that I was capable in being successful in managing a Restaurant.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The Area Manager asked me what I made at my current job and what I would need to leave that employer to join the Burger King Team. With my 10 years in Management experience and I brought documentation from my previous job showing my success. I asked for a number and she came back to me, with what I thought was appropriate.