Burger King Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jul 7, 2014

1.8

26 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Burger King in June 2012.

Very easy interview. It looks like the GM will hire ANYONE who walks in the door. Just apply online and in little or no time, you may get a call from your future manager!

Interview Questions
  • The is really not a lot of hard questions. Just smile and be yourself!   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Burger King

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Port Allen, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Allen, LA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Burger King in February 2014.

the interview process honestly was not really to long. it was very straight forward. I was asked a series of questions. the hiring manager was very polite and kind. he looked into eyes while speaking.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Albuquerque, NM
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Burger King in November 2013.

Was looking for a part time job after during college, so I appiled online to BK. Got a notification to come in for an interview with the manager. It was a pretty standard interview. They asked about previous customer service experiences and why I wanted to work there. Got an offer the next day and started training.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time you did something wrong. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ludlow, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ludlow, MA

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Burger King in May 2010.

My first interview was a very brief discussion with the manager about how I just finished my second year at Mount Holyoke College and was looking for a job. I was given a questionnaire to fill out along with a very simple page of math equations to answer. The math equations were focused on money and how much to give back to a customer. In some of them you had only a certain amount of money broken into different amounts. So an example question would be that the order totaled to $20.12 and the customer gave you $21. You only have 5 pennies, 2 nickles, 6 dimes, and 2 quarters. Given this information what would you give back the customer? So you'd answer 3 pennies, 3 dimes, 2 quarters, 1 nickle. There were also opposite questions where the different amounts of each value were given and you would have to find the total you were given. So with the same numbers used above you'd have $1.25. You have to do all of this without a calculator.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked what I was doing for the next three hours. When I replied nothing, just going home to read, I was asked to stay and that my training could start now.   Answer Question
    I told him that as a vegetarian I was not comfortable cooking the food, but had no problem serving it,. I told him that I would like to be a cashier or someone who works up front, cleans, or does the dishes. He replied that was fine and that he would keep me as a cashier only.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Burger King.

the interview questions are simple, but it depends whose the manager is.

no i didn't negotiated

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Exeter, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exeter, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Burger King in March 2011.

Applied 3 months before called for interview, got a call asking if I was still looking for work. Met with general manager we spoke about the job, never really put me on the spot and knew I got hired right then and there because she asked for my shirt size.

Interview Questions
    • none, I liked how she asked me what my favorite sandwich was on their menu.   Answer Question
    no negotiation, asked for my shirt size and I knew I go the job.

Cashier Interview

If interested, they will call you. During the interview, they ask typical questions such as:
    Describe yourself?
    What hours are you willing to work?
    Are you still in school?

Interview Questions
    • How would you describe yourself?
      If you have never thought about it, it is best to rehearse this question beforehand.
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Franklin, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, VA

I applied online - interviewed at Burger King in April 2013.

I entered and sat down then the hiring manager came out and sat with me and asked me a few questions ( what can you contribute to this job? etc.) It was extremely easy and I got hired on the spot and immediately went back and did paperwork.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation in fast food. If you aren't willing to work for $7.25 they'll find someone else who is.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I applied in-person - interviewed at Burger King in August 2012.

Professional interview. Selective psychological questionnaire. Illustration of duties and responsibilities...

Interview Questions
    • A lot of what if scenarios. Such as how would you treat a teammate how would you treat a customer if they did this or that. And compliance questions base on a regulation and standard book where applicant is allow to review and read before 2nd interview.   View Answer
    Not much negotiation. But if you stick with company I believe they will help to assist with college education...

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ponce, PR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ponce, PR

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Burger King in June 2011.

the interview process was very simple. They required a police background check and a health exam.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you had a problem with a costumer   Answer Question
    Very easy negotiation phase

Worked for Burger King? Contribute to the Community!