Burger King Corporate Management Trainee Interview Questions

Corporate Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burger King (Miami, FL) in November 2012.

Interview

I submitted my resume to them on a Friday, and the next Monday I received a call from them, asking for a phone interview. Set that up on that Wednesday, during which they asked me about my college career and why I made the choices I did in terms of school, internships, clubs, etc. They called me back the next day (Thursday) asking to bring me in for an in-house interview. That Monday (four days later), I was on a plane to Miami at 6 in the morning. The "interview" lasted about 3 hours; the only evaluation involved was a 3-minute power point presentation before the CEO, other head executives, and the other candidates for the position. No 1-on-1s, no panel of questions, just three minutes of you talking, followed by presentations by the other candidates. After that, we were served lunch and given a tour of the headquarters, during which time we were encouraged to ask questions of the employees currently in our program. Ostensibly, though, these interactions did not factor at all into the hiring decision. After the tour, we were shuttled back to the airport, where we waited for our planes. In all, I flew to Miami and back on the same day for an interview that started at 10:30 AM and ended at 2 PM. I would have preferred to have been given a hotel the night before, but I understand why they arranged things the way they did.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to present a 3-minute presentation on my story, my strengths and weaknesses, and why they should hire me. Beyond that, they only asked the group "Why are you interested in BK?" and "If you could buy anything, what would you buy?"   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Burger King

Corporate Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Burger King (Miami, FL) in October 2012.

Interview

I applied through the university recruiting (resume and cover letter). Exactly one week later I received a call to schedule a phone interview. The interview lasted about 30 min and was not that difficult. They mostly asked about specific roles I had listed in my resume. Three days later, they emailed me a link to a brief online personality test. Ten days later, BK called me saying they wanted to fly me to their headquarters in Miami for an in-person final round interview. Two days before the interview, I received an email with specific instructions, namely that applicants were to do a three minute presentation in front of the CEO and 3 executive vice presidents describing your background, strengths, weaknesses and why you wanted to work for Burger King. In Miami they gave me and the other applicants a tour of the building and scheduled a Q&A session with former Corporate Management Trainees. Each applicant then conducted the presentation. That was the gist of the day.

Interview Questions

• "Given your background in an unrelated field, why fast food?"   Answer Question