Burger King Interview Questions

2.2

Assistant Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Burger King.

There are generally three interviews; phone, first and second. Dress well, be COMPLETELY clean shaven, have manners and be honest. Getting a job at a fast food restaurant is not tricky.

Interview Questions
    • "How can you as a team member increase sales a Burger King?"   View Answer
    There is no negotiation.

Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Burger King.

I first became interested at a career fair where I talked with a recruiter. This led to an online application which decided if you got an interview or not. If you passed this interview you then got a 2nd/final round interview at their headquarters in Miami.

Interview Questions
    • Marketing Case type question: I was given a scenario where I was the CMO of an expensive Mexican Yogurt brand which was made with only the finest Mexican cow's milk, and we wanted to expand our product to the US. What are some things you need consider before you expand to the US. After answering this they gave me a sheet of numbers where I had to calculate market growth potential and choose a market to push the Mexican yogurt into   View Answer

Management Trainee Program Interview

Applied online and two weeks later I was called by a recruiter. Asked me questions such as my gpa, major and availability. Later you move on to another phone interview then asked to come in and have an in person interview.

Management Trainee Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Burger King in October 2014.

On campus interview - 2:1

The interviewer began speaking to me in French that threw me off. He was very aggressive in his interview style, used profanity at several points in the interview and rolled his eyes at my answers. He also interrupted me several times and criticized my opinions.

Most of the questions were unrelated to the job. A mix of brain teasers and personal questions. These scare tactics are definitely not the way to attract good people. The program seems mediocre and lacks prestige in my opinion.

Team Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Burger King.

I applied online for the job , I missed the first call but she left a message about if I had time I could come in for an interview that day and if not I could just call to set up another interview. I had to do 2 different interviews before they offered me the job. This was my first job so they asked questions about my school experiences and being a leader, things of that nature. What were some of my weaknesses and strengths.

Interview Questions
    • Why did I want to work for them. And give an example of a speech that I had to give in front of other people.   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Burger King in October 2014.

I applied online, the called me back within 30 minutes and asked me to come in for an interview. It was super easy. Questions weren't hard, I think they asked me two, tell me about you're self, what would you do if you mess up an order. I got offered the job after she asked me what I would do i she threw her pen at me? Altogether it was a super lax interview.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if I threw this pen at you right now?   View Answer

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Burger King in October 2014.

I filled out an application online and within 12 hours I received a phone call asking if I had 10-15 minutes to do a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 5-7 minutes and the questions were basic interview questions such as tell me about yourself, why Burger King, and they asked about my past work experience and if I ever had to follow a uniform policy. At the end of the phone interview, I was asked to come in a few days later for a second interview.
    This interview was 1 on 1 in the dining room and the interviewer asked about four or five pages of "what would you do if..." kind of questions and asked how I would get to work and if I would be okay with cleaning. This interview was the most laid back and it was really like talking to a friend. I usually get VERY nervous during interviews, but the interviewer made me feel very comfortable, even offering me a free drink while I waited for her to come out to the dining room.
    After the second interview, I was told that Burger King follows a three interview process. The manager from the second interview went in the back, and a new manager came out a few minutes later to do the third interview. He was pretty laid back, but he did ask the hardest questions. He only asked maybe 5 or 6 questions and at the end of the interview, he said that he would call me later that day with the results.
    About three hours after doing my second and third interviews, I received a call from the last manager that interviewed me. He said that I was chosen for the job and welcomed me to the team. He then took my shirt and pant size and told me when to come in for orientation.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of how we could increase sales here.
      What are three skills you feel like you need to improve on at home or work?
        Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Sales, Profit, and Operations Coach Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Burger King in October 2014.

The interview process was very typical at first. Contacted by a recruiter and had a very typical interview (situational questions such as tell me about a time you had to change direction quickly, explain a typical day in your current role, what is your proudest achievement to date, why Burger King, why leaving current employer, etc.). Moved on to an interview with HR (more of the same questions). These were both phone interviews.

The third virtual interview is where it got weird, and I realized the manager who interviewed me, the recruiter, and HR were not on the same page. I had great interviews with the recruiter and HR which were very positive, but the manager and I had the complete opposite experience. I realized from the moment I started speaking that I was counted out. While I have extensive management experience, it is in retail, and I do not have a restaurant background. He made his point very clear that he wanted someone with restaurant management experience from the start. He continually reiterated the point that I have not worked in a restaurant and therefore, I would require more training. He asked me maybe three questions which I answered well (similar answers I used with HR which was a great interview!) and only half paid attention to my answers appearing totally disinterested from the start. I left the interview feeling very disrespected since he didn't really pay attention to me and like my time had been wasted since I clearly was not going to be able to meet the criteria he was looking for based on my work experience. I am not sure why HR put me through to another interview if this is the case or even why I was contacted in the first place. Still think it would be a good job and a good place to work, but if you don't have restaurant experience, they may count you out before you even interview.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were very challenging. Overall typical interview questions. Be prepared to speak to why Burger King, why you are leaving your current job, and what you feel you can bring to the table.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Burger King in October 2014.

Dropped resume on college recruiting site
    1st round was a skype like interview (did not work so ended up being phone) and was straight behavioral like what is a weakness, when did the rules changes and you had to adapt, etc
    2nd round was emailed to set up a 2nd skypeish interview (again did not work so ended up being phone) and was the next day and was all analytical brainteasers
    3rd round fly down to headquarters in Miami for superday of corporate tour and interviews ending with presentation to executives

Interview Questions
    • Brain Teasers:
      127 teams in a round robin how many games and rounds are played to get to one winner?
      A frog is at the bottom of a 30 meter well. Each day he summons enough energy for one 3 meter leap up the well. Exhausted, he then hangs there for the rest of the day. At night, while he is asleep, he slips 2 meters backwards. How many days does it take him to escape from the well?
      Bag of 9 balls and one weighs more than the others, you get 2 weigh ins on a scale. How do you go about determining which one weighs more than the others?
        Answer Question

I had a better offer on the table

Sales, Profit, and Operations Coach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Burger King in October 2014.

I was first contacted by the sr. recruiter at BKC regarding the position for my area. I replied and a few days later she called, explained the position and we had a 25-30 minute interview after which she moved me onto a 2nd interview with the HR Manager the following week. The second interview was 23 mintues, again over the phone, with very easy questions and I was moved onto the third and final interview. However, before having the 3rd interview the Sr. Recruiter called me to let me know that this position required someone who was bilingual in Spanish. This information would have been nice to know before I spent two weeks preparing for the interviews and pausing my job search. The questions were easy but there seems to be a bit of a communication error between the various hiring managers.

Interview Questions
    • describe a time who were working on a project and the direction was changed midway. Describe a time you coached an employee who was failing. Describe a time you taught an employee. What do you think we could do to improve? (after asking when last time visited a BK) Why do you want to work for BK? Describe your experience with KPI metrics   Answer Question