Burger King Interview Questions & Reviews

2.2

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Burger King in August 2014.

Got an interview 1 week after I applied. Asked about my current job. Since I had very little experience in the food industry, he was about to look over that with all my leadership skills from the military.

Long hours.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chesapeake, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Burger King in January 2013.

Asked about previous work experience. Asked 2-3 work related questions. Went over work requirements and was offered the position on the spot. They made me call this number to take a quick background check.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you provided excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Program Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Burger King in December 2013.

Submitted resume and cover letter, did series of phone and virtual interviews. Asked a series of questions and was required to carry out swift calculations on the spot to test competency. The final interview was at headquarters in Miami and was a whole day with a very well qualified fairly small group of people where we were asked to give short presentation on why she should hire them to executives.

Interview Questions
    • The short elevator pitch at the final level was the most stressful point, most individuals gave short powerpoint presentations on themselves. I chose to do a confident short and sweet speech.   View Answer

Crew Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Shawnee, OK
    Anonymous Employee in Shawnee, OK

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Burger King in August 2014.

I think that the interviewer was very knowledgable and friendly I wish though he would of been more honest than he was he told me he would call me weather or not i got it or if i didn't and he never called me.

Management Trainee Program Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Burger King in February 2014.

Applications are sent to outside recruiting firm in Chicago, which will schedule first round interview over the phone with a mid-level manager. Behavioral interview. Then if you pass that they schedule a 2nd round phone interview with someone higher up, also behavioral but can ask a few technical questions as well to see if you understand the industry. Then they invite you down to Miam for a final day of interviews that goes from 9 am to 3pm (they make a cut halfway through the day) and if you make it through that you interview with a few other colleagues with the CEO, CFO, and CPO. Amazing experience, highly intimidating.

Interview Questions
    • If you had a million dollars to invest, what would you invest in?   Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Burger King in November 2013.

i applied in the restaurant, and got a call back the same day for an interview. was hired pretty much on the spot.the interviewing manager was very friendly and easy going, and asked the basic interview questions. i did have to wait for about 20 minutes for the manager to start the interview, and it was a bit awkward sitting in the dining room while the counter employees were working.

Interview Questions
    • will you be able to purchase your own spill resistant pants due to the fact we have no more in stock?   Answer Question

Cook/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Herndon, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Burger King in May 2013.

Walked in waited 20 minutes to be seen by the general manager, She explained to me what would be expect of me and then went through the paper work. Once I was finished I started to work two day later. Not a hard interview even if you have no experience.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Windsor Heights, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor Heights, IA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Burger King in July 2014.

Got a call a couple of days after I applied online via Snagajob. Interviewed for assistant manager. 20 minute interview with just basic questions. Informed me that they position started as a regular employee. And need to work your way up. They did not have an assistant manager position available. I have many years experience with retail and restaurant management. I was offered a job but soon after I started I realized that they were only filling an empty spot working 430 am till 9 making minimum wage. Not what I was expecting or what I interviewed for.

Interview Questions
    • What hours are you available and do you have any problems being called in on your day off.   View Answer
    None

Marketing Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Burger King.

I interviewed with about 7 people (they expect you to spend half a day in their corporate offices). All of the people I met with stressed the workload and lack of work/life balance, to the point that it seemed they were cautioning me on joining a hellish environment. Even the HR manager expressed to me that she was exhausted (a "good" exhausted, if I recall). Long story short, most of them stuck to the normal questions, except for the Finance guy (who asked the really good, probing questions). The next day, I got a call from recruiter saying they loved me and were making me an offer. Then, everything went quiet and I found out they had changed around the structure so they made me come in AGAIN so that the new hiring manager could measure my creativity vs his candidate. After going through an obviously poorly designed campaign and expressing my (surprised) opinion, I saw on LinkedIn they had offered the position to his candidate BEFORE my interview.

That just reflects really poorly on the recruiter, company and management.

Interview Questions

I got the offer - and then they changed the hiring manager, who had his own candidate in mind.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Burger King.

It was rather easy and quick tried to get to know personal information that can not be asked out right through conversation, but if you know how to answer them without giving too much information that does not pertain to your work experience they have to give you a chance to prove yourself through work itself.

At the time no negotiation they needed managers and I needed a job

Worked for Burger King? Contribute to the Community!