Burger King

Updated Jan 27, 2015
Updated Jan 27, 2015

2.2

Burger King Crew Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burger King.

This interview process was very laid back. It was my first interview as a teenager and I was very nervous. The assistant manager and I just stood at the counter and talked. She asked questions about school and hobbies. She also gave situations and asked how I would handle the situation as an employee.

Interview Questions
    • Burger King is a very fast paced environment what makes you the right person for this job?   Answer Question
    This was my first job. There wasn't any negotiating.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Burger King.

Very lengthy process. I met with four different managers. From job offer to hire date took over four weeks, They were all very professional and made their decision very quickly. However, the paper work involved later took too much time. They have also lost good employees because they took too long to make an offer.

Leadership DevelopmentProgram Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Burger King in January 2015.

Asked for difference between managing, leading, and working people. There were 3 brain teasers, and for each one you needed to explain your thought process. First was the angle for the time on a clock, the second was how many people were eating dinner at a certain time, third was you were the owner of a cookie bakery, your sales have cut in half, and your cookies are coming out burnt. How do you solve this problem?

Interview Questions
    • Half the time was behavioral, the other half was brain teasers. The whole process took about 25 minutes.   Answer Question

Drivethru/Cashier Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Burger King.

real relaxed, cool,very quick ,hired on the spot not a lot of fus, just get ready and show up, good experience,nice management, friendly people, very easy process to go through

Cashier Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Burger King.

Interview was quick. Was contacted within the week to work. Friendly people, told me to take customers with a grain of salt and to keep a positive vibe. I like serving customers.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a customer didn't like their order and cut a long line to get a refund?   View Answer

Team Member Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burger King in December 2014.

I went in to ask if they were hiring, and after talking with the manager about my work experience, he gave me an interview for the following day. In the interview, he asked me what kind of work I was used to, my experience in customer service, skills that would benefit me on the job. He said he was going to talk to his supervisor to see if my schedule would work for them, and a week later I got a call back asking me when I could start training.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question to answer was about my customer service skills. This was due to my nervousness affecting my explanation skills.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

face to face interview with store manager.just asked about past experiences.how my previous work qualified me for getting this job.asked me a few specific questions about how to manage a store in absence of the manager.

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Burger King.

Interviewed through college recruiting. Dropped off my resume at college fair, they reached out and encouraged me to apply online through their own website so I did. Received an phone call scheduling two phone interviews, one behavioural and one problem-solving. Behavioural was more about interest in Burger King (do your research on recent Tim Horton's acquisition!) and problem solving was one market sizing question, basic maths and other brain teasers.

I then received a call a few days later inviting me down for the final round in Miami. Involved a group business game, speed-dating-type interviews, two 20 minute cases before a cut. Half of the 22 or so people there were cut. The very last round was a group interview with several members of the executive board who asked tough questions they expected you to answer on the spot. You also should prepare a 1 minute presentation of why you would like to work for Burger King with a one sheet presentation aid.

Interview Questions
    • Choose someone in this room who you do not think should be hired.   Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashland, OH

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Burger King in November 2014.

Applied online and the next day they called me wanting to schedule a interview. I went in a few days later for the interview, they told me to take a seat in the dining area and wait for the manager to come out. I waited for like 2 minutes and then she came out greeted me and started asking questions: "Tell me about yourself" "why did you choose fast food" "how do you handle stress" "what was your favorite part of high school" "what would you say your good at" "what is your weakness" were all the questions. She very nice and quiet throughout it all. Also this was my first job interview.

Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Burger King in November 2014.

Contacted me the day after I sent my application in online. Two days later I had a Cultural interview over the phone. They were primarily interested in why I wanted to work for Burger King and what I knew about the program. Later on in the week I had a second round interview over skype that focused more on my quantitative skill set.

Interview Questions
    • 37x37. What would you do if you woke up one morning and there was a mountain blocking your doorway? How would you explain a database to a child? How many people are eating whoppers in the world right now?   Answer Question