Burger King

2.2

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ames, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ames, IA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Burger King in March 2015.

I got a call back two days after I applied. Interviewed the next day. The interview was very easy. The manager asked me three questions and looked over my previous experience and availability. She was very nice and seemed to like my answers. I believe I was hired on the spot because she asked me to call her later to set up an orientation date.

Interview Questions
    • How can Burger King benefit from having you on the team?   View Answer
    Didn't negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Burger King.

There were on-campus interviews, but I was contacted outside of on-campus recruiting after submitting my resume online and at the career fair. I had two online interviews (through something similar to Skype). The first was behavioral with a few brain teasers. A week later, I was contacted for a second round. This was again online, but this time it was almost wholly problem solving. I was then invited down to the HQ in Miami for a final-round interview. The day is LONG. They will split you into teams and you will play a business game. Then, there are five 10 minute "speed" interviews. There is a lunch break and then you return for two 30 minute interviews. Then, they make cuts and you have to present a one-minute presentation to some C-level executives.

I had a relatively good experience with the online interviews. However, I honestly felt that, in person, everyone was really intense and was trying to trip you up with a million questions about something you said. I personally had a very aggressive interviewer who clearly did not want to be there. The atmosphere was very competitive, which isn't a bad thing- just something to keep in mind.

Interview Questions
    • Why BK? Why you? Basic brain teasers to test your thought process. Some case-like questions, but without numbers. Again, just to test your thought process.   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Burger King.

Applied via university career site. Received on campus interview within a week. The interviewer was very amiable, but she made it clear they were looking for a specific type of personality. She seemed unsure as to whether or not that was a good thing. After first round, they got back to me within a week. I did not get next round but for final round, candidates are invited to the office in Miami.

Interview Questions
    • Personality questions. The main thing they were asking is are you type A? Do you fit with culture of BK?   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Burger King.

Went through on-campus recruitment. Had a first round on-campus interview. Recruiters consisted of an alumni and a head of a department. They were very nice and accommodating. Questions were failry simple, consisted of a few behavioral questions and 2 simple brain teasers. Results came out the day after the interview.

LDP Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Burger King.

Applied through campus recruiting.
    First round was a half-hour interview with two people - one HR person and one former LDP. This first interview--along with most of the ones during the super day--seemed to be looking to see how well you handle yourself under pressure just as much as gauging actual answers or experience. First round started with behavioral and resume-based questions, including "tell me about yourself in 10 seconds" and some other intense ones. Second half (maybe just last 10min of the 30min interview) had questions to see how you approach problems and think under pressure or something like that. One question was like: "If it's 5:15, how many degrees are between the hour and minute hand?" I actually messed that one up super badly at first but eventually got it. Must not have been that bad becaaauusseeee

I somehow got past that round and they flew me to Miami the next week. Our super day had very few people, so they didn't make any midday cuts like they usually do apparently. Day included a business game, an hour of speed interviews, two half-hour interviews, and a final group interview with two EVPs.

Here's some overall advice I guess: Be ready to think on your feet and be confident about it. Try to get a feel for their values and their culture so you can emphasize those qualities about yourself in your interviews. They're looking for a very specific type of person, so figure out what it is and be it.

Interview Questions
    • How much is your salary worth? (If I could write you a check every year for the rest of your career, what would be the total cost to me?)   Answer Question

Compensation would be great but couldn't see myself enjoying my life while working there. Would've been fine for the summer, but got an offer for something way better for me.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Burger King in February 2015.

Essentially I had two webcam interviews first. The first one was mostly behavioral and the second one was more analytical. They ask questions like "if you saw a clock at 5:15 what would the angle be?" After that I received a call saying that they wanted to fly me down to Miami. They put you up in a hotel for a night and you start a super day which consisted of a business game, speed interviews, and two 30-minute interviews. After that there was a mid-day cut and about half the people were cut and sent to the airport. Then you begin to prepare to deliver a one-minute speech to the executives, I literally sat and talked with the CEO and he interviews you. I did not end up getting an offer but it was a great experience, tough though and not for non top-tier candidates that have great interpersonal skills.

Interview Questions
    • If you had all the money in the world what would you buy/invest in?   Answer Question

Business Leadership Program Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Burger King in February 2015.

The the first two rounds of interviews were behavioral over video conference. Nothing was really unexpected. They are looking for someone who is very entrepreneurial. They do manage to mix in a few mini case questions or brain teasers. Make sure to pay attention to any hints that they might give you during the more technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • If it is 5:15 on analog clock what is the angle between the two hands   View Answer

Management Trainee Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Burger King in February 2015.

I submitted my resume and cover letter through my university's career services website. The interview was in person, one-on-one. It was very informal and I was able to ask many questions.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a question that required estimation and another that required basic math skills.   Answer Question
    • They also asked questions about my resume and experiences.   Answer Question

Burger King Crew Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burger King.

This interview process was very laid back. It was my first interview as a teenager and I was very nervous. The assistant manager and I just stood at the counter and talked. She asked questions about school and hobbies. She also gave situations and asked how I would handle the situation as an employee.

Interview Questions
    • Burger King is a very fast paced environment what makes you the right person for this job?   Answer Question
    This was my first job. There wasn't any negotiating.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Burger King.

Very lengthy process. I met with four different managers. From job offer to hire date took over four weeks, They were all very professional and made their decision very quickly. However, the paper work involved later took too much time. They have also lost good employees because they took too long to make an offer.