Burger King Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.2

MBA Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Burger King (Miami, FL).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by an HR representative for an interview. I had two Skype interviews, followed by 4 in-person interviews in Miami, followed by one final Skype interview. The interview process is very difficult- be sure to do your homework. Burger King is extremely interested in a cultural fit with candidates. They are looking for competitive, "type-a" people. You do not necessarily need to know/have experience in QSRs but they need to know you are a fast learner.

Interview Questions

• What are the pros and cons of franchising?
      It's 7pm on the east coast, how many people are eating dinner in the US right now?

Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Binghamton, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Burger King (Binghamton, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Its a 2 part interview that Burger King performs. You will be interviewed by the store manager and then interviewed by the assistant store manager. If both interviews go smoothly, you're in the door.

Interview Questions

• What made you decide to inquire about employment with burger king?   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Burger King.

Interview

easy, laid back, simple questions, a first interview or job would be a good start at this interview, very short and simple interview, just looking for the right answers for questions

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Burger King.

Interview

Started with a drop off of resume at career fair.

Initial Interview was supposed to be over Skype, didn't work. So over the phone. Typical behavioral questions...

Second interview, again Skype didn't work, ridiculous questions, some of which i list. interviewer was rude and unhappy.

Would never want to work there. Robotic

Interview Questions

• You are stuck in your room with no windows and a mountain in front of your door how do you get out?

Describe a data base to an 8 Year old

Answer Question

Corporate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Burger King (Miami, FL).

Interview

Was interviewed by a panel after several Skype and a number of calls. The process seemed unorganized and disconnected. The panel was not familiar with the position but they had been trained into elucidating the same responses and buzzwords. Felt unprofessional and unusual for a US company. Probably an interesting place to work if you can fit with the culture.

Interview Questions

• Most questions related to why I was interested in the position and the company. After several minutes and in some cases hours between interviews, an ex-management consultant interviewed me on a case style behavioral interview. I would certainly advise the company to avoid using ex-consutlants for human resources roles unless they have experience in that field; a sales and finance consultant in an HR role sends a clear red flag to qualified professionals.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Burger King (Kansas City, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

Fast friendly very simple.very comfortable very laid back as if you were talking with someone you have known.very up from on what to expect. What you to advance. Put your work in you will advance. Main thing show up...

Interview Questions

• Can you pick up fast..in other words with little training   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Burger King (Miami, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Very quick and easy. I sat down in the seating area and was given a Health booklet to take a mini quiz on. After that was passed, I filled out paper work and was hired on the spot. Make sure to bring your social security card and copy or else they'll think twice about even giving the interview.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Von Ormy, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burger King (Von Ormy, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I went in got a interview went great was told I got the job and they'll call me to start Thursday never got the call went over to see what was going on Just to get a second interview with a second Manger was caught off guard wearing clothes from school they told me they'd call me at 6 never got that call either finally they told me I was never told I got the job even though I was they even printed out my ID and social they were very unprofessional and it was a terrible experience whoever gave me the second interview she was rude and gave attitude nothing like the first guy

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ames, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Burger King (Ames, IA) in March 2015.

Interview

I got a call back two days after I applied. Interviewed the next day. The interview was very easy. The manager asked me three questions and looked over my previous experience and availability. She was very nice and seemed to like my answers. I believe I was hired on the spot because she asked me to call her later to set up an orientation date.

Interview Questions

• How can Burger King benefit from having you on the team?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate.

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Burger King (Miami, FL).

Interview

There were on-campus interviews, but I was contacted outside of on-campus recruiting after submitting my resume online and at the career fair. I had two online interviews (through something similar to Skype). The first was behavioral with a few brain teasers. A week later, I was contacted for a second round. This was again online, but this time it was almost wholly problem solving. I was then invited down to the HQ in Miami for a final-round interview. The day is LONG. They will split you into teams and you will play a business game. Then, there are five 10 minute "speed" interviews. There is a lunch break and then you return for two 30 minute interviews. Then, they make cuts and you have to present a one-minute presentation to some C-level executives.

I had a relatively good experience with the online interviews. However, I honestly felt that, in person, everyone was really intense and was trying to trip you up with a million questions about something you said. I personally had a very aggressive interviewer who clearly did not want to be there. The atmosphere was very competitive, which isn't a bad thing- just something to keep in mind.

Interview Questions

• Why BK? Why you? Basic brain teasers to test your thought process. Some case-like questions, but without numbers. Again, just to test your thought process.   Answer Question