Burger King Interview Questions

2.2

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  McMinnville, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McMinnville, OR

I applied online - interviewed at Burger King.

I applied for the job and was called back two days later for an interview the very next day. The manager was very nice, smiled lots. I was hired on spot.

No negotiation.

Operations Coach Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Burger King.

The first communication happen rather quickly after applying and the process moved just as fast. The HR person ("dream killer", as she is referred by HQ) called to see if I was still interested in the position and she went on describing the position and the requirements along with some disclosures. A first interview was set and it was done over a video conference followed by an immediate called back from the HR lady that I would be moving on to the next interview. That second interview had to be rescheduled twice as they seemed to have forgotten about letting the other person know about the interview. Once that interview was done I got another called from the same HR person to discuss final numbers (they are not big on negotiation) and to set up the first day.
    The interview process is not difficult at all. They will ask you a number of questions but they are not complicated or anything unusual. Know ahead of time why you are leaving your current place, why BK, what are your expectations, ask for their expectations, and do not be afraid to ask tough questions as you will most likely see them reaching for the stars.

Interview Questions
    • There were no really difficult questions, just make sure you listen to the entire question before you answer.   Answer Question

Shift Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Romeoville, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Romeoville, IL

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Burger King in September 2014.

I went into Burger King intending to get a normal crew position and was automatically offered a shift manager position with no experience but he told me that he will work with me to get me to where I need to be they seem like they are really willing to help people.

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Burger King in August 2014.

Got an interview 1 week after I applied. Asked about my current job. Since I had very little experience in the food industry, he was about to look over that with all my leadership skills from the military.

Long hours.

Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Shawnee, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shawnee, OK

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Burger King in August 2014.

I think that the interviewer was very knowledgable and friendly I wish though he would of been more honest than he was he told me he would call me weather or not i got it or if i didn't and he never called me.

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Naperville, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Burger King in August 2014.

Overall, it was rather easy and straight forward. I applied online through the Burger King website and they called me after three days. The process was rather easy. I was just asked when I could work. It did not even feel like an interview. It seemed way too straightforward but I got a job so I am happy now.

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Burger King.

I interviewed with about 7 people (they expect you to spend half a day in their corporate offices). All of the people I met with stressed the workload and lack of work/life balance, to the point that it seemed they were cautioning me on joining a hellish environment. Even the HR manager expressed to me that she was exhausted (a "good" exhausted, if I recall). Long story short, most of them stuck to the normal questions, except for the Finance guy (who asked the really good, probing questions). The next day, I got a call from recruiter saying they loved me and were making me an offer. Then, everything went quiet and I found out they had changed around the structure so they made me come in AGAIN so that the new hiring manager could measure my creativity vs his candidate. After going through an obviously poorly designed campaign and expressing my (surprised) opinion, I saw on LinkedIn they had offered the position to his candidate BEFORE my interview.

That just reflects really poorly on the recruiter, company and management.

Interview Questions

I got the offer - and then they changed the hiring manager, who had his own candidate in mind.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Burger King.

It was rather easy and quick tried to get to know personal information that can not be asked out right through conversation, but if you know how to answer them without giving too much information that does not pertain to your work experience they have to give you a chance to prove yourself through work itself.

At the time no negotiation they needed managers and I needed a job

Cook/Cashier Interview

I interviewed with first a shift manager and then the general manager. It was brief and to the point. There was more information about the job given than questions asked.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be bothered by being older than your shift supervisor?   View Answer
    I needed specific hours, which they were willing to work with.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Windsor Heights, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor Heights, IA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Burger King in July 2014.

Got a call a couple of days after I applied online via Snagajob. Interviewed for assistant manager. 20 minute interview with just basic questions. Informed me that they position started as a regular employee. And need to work your way up. They did not have an assistant manager position available. I have many years experience with retail and restaurant management. I was offered a job but soon after I started I realized that they were only filling an empty spot working 430 am till 9 making minimum wage. Not what I was expecting or what I interviewed for.

Interview Questions
    • What hours are you available and do you have any problems being called in on your day off.   View Answer
    None

Worked for Burger King? Contribute to the Community!