Burger King

Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Windsor Heights, IA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Burger King in July 2014.

Interview Details – Got a call a couple of days after I applied online via Snagajob. Interviewed for assistant manager. 20 minute interview with just basic questions. Informed me that they position started as a regular employee. And need to work your way up. They did not have an assistant manager position available. I have many years experience with retail and restaurant management. I was offered a job but soon after I started I realized that they were only filling an empty spot working 430 am till 9 making minimum wage. Not what I was expecting or what I interviewed for.

Interview Question – What hours are you available and do you have any problems being called in on your day off.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Burger King.

Interview Details – I interviewed with about 7 people (they expect you to spend half a day in their corporate offices). All of the people I met with stressed the workload and lack of work/life balance, to the point that it seemed they were cautioning me on joining a hellish environment. Even the HR manager expressed to me that she was exhausted (a "good" exhausted, if I recall). Long story short, most of them stuck to the normal questions, except for the Finance guy (who asked the really good, probing questions). The next day, I got a call from recruiter saying they loved me and were making me an offer. Then, everything went quiet and I found out they had changed around the structure so they made me come in AGAIN so that the new hiring manager could measure my creativity vs his candidate. After going through an obviously poorly designed campaign and expressing my (surprised) opinion, I saw on LinkedIn they had offered the position to his candidate BEFORE my interview.

That just reflects really poorly on the recruiter, company and management.

Interview Question – How would you measure the success of a coupon effort?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I got the offer - and then they changed the hiring manager, who had his own candidate in mind.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Burger King.

Interview Details – It was rather easy and quick tried to get to know personal information that can not be asked out right through conversation, but if you know how to answer them without giving too much information that does not pertain to your work experience they have to give you a chance to prove yourself through work itself.

Negotiation Details – At the time no negotiation they needed managers and I needed a job

Cook/Cashier Interview

Cook/Cashier
Lynchburg, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Burger King in November 2010.

Interview Details – Very simple they ask the basic interview questions be yourself and tell them what they want to hear. If you don't know what that is then maybe you shouldn't be working then. They want someone that is responsible, accountable, team player, and hard worker so the team can run smooth. So expect to hear questions that allows you to showcase those skills from previous experiences.

Interview Question – None simple work history and personality questions.   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Team Member
Norfolk, VA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Burger King in July 2014.

Interview Details – Hiring process was pretty fast . filled out a application online Monday , gotta call about an interview Tuesday, went to the interview Wednesday, and got called back for orientation Thursday .

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself ? Most of the interview she just explained to me about the job .   Answer Question

Team Crew Member Interview

Team Crew Member
Hesperia, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Burger King in January 2014.

Interview Details – First interview was short with just a few of the usual questions asked, like "Why do you think you should work here?" and such. Second interview was more detailed. There were more questions that the General Manager read off their paper on clipboard. It wasn't hard at all, really. I merely sat there and took it as a regular conversation, since we were actually getting to know each other which made it less awkward and more comfortable.

Interview Question – "Why do you want to work for our company?"   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Burger King in June 2012.

Interview Details – Very easy interview. It looks like the GM will hire ANYONE who walks in the door. Just apply online and in little or no time, you may get a call from your future manager!

Interview Question – The is really not a lot of hard questions. Just smile and be yourself!   Answer Question

Cook/Cashier Interview

Cook/Cashier

Interviewed at Burger King

Interview Details – I interviewed with first a shift manager and then the general manager. It was brief and to the point. There was more information about the job given than questions asked.

Interview Question – Would you be bothered by being older than your shift supervisor?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I needed specific hours, which they were willing to work with.

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Port Allen, LA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Burger King in February 2014.

Interview Details – the interview process honestly was not really to long. it was very straight forward. I was asked a series of questions. the hiring manager was very polite and kind. he looked into eyes while speaking.

Interview Question – what did I want to become in life   View Answer

Accountant Interview

Accountant

Interviewed at Burger King

Interview Details – Normal questions, nothing out of the blue. All the questions were basic questions about background and job experience. Just talk about how you can help the company. Regular questions about your background and work history.

Interview Question – Regular interview questions. Nothing unusual   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple process, nothing unusual.

Worked for Burger King? Contribute to the Community!