Burger King

Updated Dec 8, 2014
Updated Dec 8, 2014

2.2

Assistant Manager Interview

face to face interview with store manager.just asked about past experiences.how my previous work qualified me for getting this job.asked me a few specific questions about how to manage a store in absence of the manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Burger King.

Interviewed through college recruiting. Dropped off my resume at college fair, they reached out and encouraged me to apply online through their own website so I did. Received an phone call scheduling two phone interviews, one behavioural and one problem-solving. Behavioural was more about interest in Burger King (do your research on recent Tim Horton's acquisition!) and problem solving was one market sizing question, basic maths and other brain teasers.

I then received a call a few days later inviting me down for the final round in Miami. Involved a group business game, speed-dating-type interviews, two 20 minute cases before a cut. Half of the 22 or so people there were cut. The very last round was a group interview with several members of the executive board who asked tough questions they expected you to answer on the spot. You also should prepare a 1 minute presentation of why you would like to work for Burger King with a one sheet presentation aid.

Interview Questions
    • Choose someone in this room who you do not think should be hired.   Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashland, OH

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Burger King in November 2014.

Applied online and the next day they called me wanting to schedule a interview. I went in a few days later for the interview, they told me to take a seat in the dining area and wait for the manager to come out. I waited for like 2 minutes and then she came out greeted me and started asking questions: "Tell me about yourself" "why did you choose fast food" "how do you handle stress" "what was your favorite part of high school" "what would you say your good at" "what is your weakness" were all the questions. She very nice and quiet throughout it all. Also this was my first job interview.

Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Burger King in November 2014.

Contacted me the day after I sent my application in online. Two days later I had a Cultural interview over the phone. They were primarily interested in why I wanted to work for Burger King and what I knew about the program. Later on in the week I had a second round interview over skype that focused more on my quantitative skill set.

Interview Questions
    • 37x37. What would you do if you woke up one morning and there was a mountain blocking your doorway? How would you explain a database to a child? How many people are eating whoppers in the world right now?   Answer Question

Assistant Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Burger King.

There are generally three interviews; phone, first and second. Dress well, be COMPLETELY clean shaven, have manners and be honest. Getting a job at a fast food restaurant is not tricky.

Interview Questions
    • "How can you as a team member increase sales a Burger King?"   View Answer
    There is no negotiation.

Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Burger King.

I first became interested at a career fair where I talked with a recruiter. This led to an online application which decided if you got an interview or not. If you passed this interview you then got a 2nd/final round interview at their headquarters in Miami.

Interview Questions
    • Marketing Case type question: I was given a scenario where I was the CMO of an expensive Mexican Yogurt brand which was made with only the finest Mexican cow's milk, and we wanted to expand our product to the US. What are some things you need consider before you expand to the US. After answering this they gave me a sheet of numbers where I had to calculate market growth potential and choose a market to push the Mexican yogurt into   View Answer

Management Trainee Program Interview

Applied online and two weeks later I was called by a recruiter. Asked me questions such as my gpa, major and availability. Later you move on to another phone interview then asked to come in and have an in person interview.

Team Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Burger King.

I applied online for the job , I missed the first call but she left a message about if I had time I could come in for an interview that day and if not I could just call to set up another interview. I had to do 2 different interviews before they offered me the job. This was my first job so they asked questions about my school experiences and being a leader, things of that nature. What were some of my weaknesses and strengths.

Interview Questions
    • Why did I want to work for them. And give an example of a speech that I had to give in front of other people.   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Burger King in October 2014.

I applied online, the called me back within 30 minutes and asked me to come in for an interview. It was super easy. Questions weren't hard, I think they asked me two, tell me about you're self, what would you do if you mess up an order. I got offered the job after she asked me what I would do i she threw her pen at me? Altogether it was a super lax interview.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if I threw this pen at you right now?   View Answer

Management Trainee Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Burger King in October 2014.

On campus interview - 2:1

The interviewer began speaking to me in French that threw me off. He was very aggressive in his interview style, used profanity at several points in the interview and rolled his eyes at my answers. He also interrupted me several times and criticized my opinions.

Most of the questions were unrelated to the job. A mix of brain teasers and personal questions. These scare tactics are definitely not the way to attract good people. The program seems mediocre and lacks prestige in my opinion.