Burger King Interview Questions

Updated Oct 18, 2014
Updated Oct 18, 2014

2.2

Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Burger King.

I first became interested at a career fair where I talked with a recruiter. This led to an online application which decided if you got an interview or not. If you passed this interview you then got a 2nd/final round interview at their headquarters in Miami.

Interview Questions
    • Marketing Case type question: I was given a scenario where I was the CMO of an expensive Mexican Yogurt brand which was made with only the finest Mexican cow's milk, and we wanted to expand our product to the US. What are some things you need consider before you expand to the US. After answering this they gave me a sheet of numbers where I had to calculate market growth potential and choose a market to push the Mexican yogurt into   View Answer

Management Trainee Program Interview

Applied online and two weeks later I was called by a recruiter. Asked me questions such as my gpa, major and availability. Later you move on to another phone interview then asked to come in and have an in person interview.

Management Trainee Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Burger King in October 2014.

On campus interview - 2:1

The interviewer began speaking to me in French that threw me off. He was very aggressive in his interview style, used profanity at several points in the interview and rolled his eyes at my answers. He also interrupted me several times and criticized my opinions.

Most of the questions were unrelated to the job. A mix of brain teasers and personal questions. These scare tactics are definitely not the way to attract good people. The program seems mediocre and lacks prestige in my opinion.

Team Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Burger King.

I applied online for the job , I missed the first call but she left a message about if I had time I could come in for an interview that day and if not I could just call to set up another interview. I had to do 2 different interviews before they offered me the job. This was my first job so they asked questions about my school experiences and being a leader, things of that nature. What were some of my weaknesses and strengths.

Interview Questions
    • Why did I want to work for them. And give an example of a speech that I had to give in front of other people.   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Burger King in October 2014.

I applied online, the called me back within 30 minutes and asked me to come in for an interview. It was super easy. Questions weren't hard, I think they asked me two, tell me about you're self, what would you do if you mess up an order. I got offered the job after she asked me what I would do i she threw her pen at me? Altogether it was a super lax interview.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if I threw this pen at you right now?   View Answer

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Burger King in October 2014.

I filled out an application online and within 12 hours I received a phone call asking if I had 10-15 minutes to do a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 5-7 minutes and the questions were basic interview questions such as tell me about yourself, why Burger King, and they asked about my past work experience and if I ever had to follow a uniform policy. At the end of the phone interview, I was asked to come in a few days later for a second interview.
    This interview was 1 on 1 in the dining room and the interviewer asked about four or five pages of "what would you do if..." kind of questions and asked how I would get to work and if I would be okay with cleaning. This interview was the most laid back and it was really like talking to a friend. I usually get VERY nervous during interviews, but the interviewer made me feel very comfortable, even offering me a free drink while I waited for her to come out to the dining room.
    After the second interview, I was told that Burger King follows a three interview process. The manager from the second interview went in the back, and a new manager came out a few minutes later to do the third interview. He was pretty laid back, but he did ask the hardest questions. He only asked maybe 5 or 6 questions and at the end of the interview, he said that he would call me later that day with the results.
    About three hours after doing my second and third interviews, I received a call from the last manager that interviewed me. He said that I was chosen for the job and welcomed me to the team. He then took my shirt and pant size and told me when to come in for orientation.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of how we could increase sales here.
      What are three skills you feel like you need to improve on at home or work?
        Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Leadership Development Program Interview

I had a video interview. Basic behavioral interview--be prepared for the "tricky" questions like
    1. Tell me about a time when you failed.
    2. What's your greatest weakness?
    Also, be prepared for them to ask you what business you would invest in if you had an unlimited amount of money.

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McMinnville, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McMinnville, OR

I applied online – interviewed at Burger King.

I applied for the job and was called back two days later for an interview the very next day. The manager was very nice, smiled lots. I was hired on spot.

No negotiation.

Operations Coach Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Burger King.

The first communication happen rather quickly after applying and the process moved just as fast. The HR person ("dream killer", as she is referred by HQ) called to see if I was still interested in the position and she went on describing the position and the requirements along with some disclosures. A first interview was set and it was done over a video conference followed by an immediate called back from the HR lady that I would be moving on to the next interview. That second interview had to be rescheduled twice as they seemed to have forgotten about letting the other person know about the interview. Once that interview was done I got another called from the same HR person to discuss final numbers (they are not big on negotiation) and to set up the first day.
    The interview process is not difficult at all. They will ask you a number of questions but they are not complicated or anything unusual. Know ahead of time why you are leaving your current place, why BK, what are your expectations, ask for their expectations, and do not be afraid to ask tough questions as you will most likely see them reaching for the stars.

Interview Questions
    • There were no really difficult questions, just make sure you listen to the entire question before you answer.   Answer Question

Shift Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Romeoville, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Romeoville, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Burger King in September 2014.

I went into Burger King intending to get a normal crew position and was automatically offered a shift manager position with no experience but he told me that he will work with me to get me to where I need to be they seem like they are really willing to help people.