Burger King Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.1

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Burger King (Kansas City, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

Fast friendly very simple.very comfortable very laid back as if you were talking with someone you have known.very up from on what to expect. What you to advance. Put your work in you will advance. Main thing show up...

Interview Questions

• Can you pick up fast..in other words with little training   1 Answer

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Burger King (Miami, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Very quick and easy. I sat down in the seating area and was given a Health booklet to take a mini quiz on. After that was passed, I filled out paper work and was hired on the spot. Make sure to bring your social security card and copy or else they'll think twice about even giving the interview.

Open Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burger King (El Paso, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

It was easy just a few questions that they were really easy, the general manager invite me to take a sit at one table in the lobby and then we start at first

Interview Questions

• Why do you like to work at burger king?, why I would hire you   1 Answer
    • Do you have any problem to work under pressure?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Von Ormy, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burger King (Von Ormy, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I went in got a interview went great was told I got the job and they'll call me to start Thursday never got the call went over to see what was going on Just to get a second interview with a second Manger was caught off guard wearing clothes from school they told me they'd call me at 6 never got that call either finally they told me I was never told I got the job even though I was they even printed out my ID and social they were very unprofessional and it was a terrible experience whoever gave me the second interview she was rude and gave attitude nothing like the first guy

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ames, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Burger King (Ames, IA) in March 2015.

Interview

I got a call back two days after I applied. Interviewed the next day. The interview was very easy. The manager asked me three questions and looked over my previous experience and availability. She was very nice and seemed to like my answers. I believe I was hired on the spot because she asked me to call her later to set up an orientation date.

Interview Questions

• How can Burger King benefit from having you on the team?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate.

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Burger King (Miami, FL).

Interview

There were on-campus interviews, but I was contacted outside of on-campus recruiting after submitting my resume online and at the career fair. I had two online interviews (through something similar to Skype). The first was behavioral with a few brain teasers. A week later, I was contacted for a second round. This was again online, but this time it was almost wholly problem solving. I was then invited down to the HQ in Miami for a final-round interview. The day is LONG. They will split you into teams and you will play a business game. Then, there are five 10 minute "speed" interviews. There is a lunch break and then you return for two 30 minute interviews. Then, they make cuts and you have to present a one-minute presentation to some C-level executives. I had a relatively good experience with the online interviews. However, I honestly felt that, in person, everyone was really intense and was trying to trip you up with a million questions about something you said. I personally had a very aggressive interviewer who clearly did not want to be there. The atmosphere was very competitive, which isn't a bad thing- just something to keep in mind.

Interview Questions

• Why BK? Why you? Basic brain teasers to test your thought process. Some case-like questions, but without numbers. Again, just to test your thought process.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Burger King.

Interview

Applied via university career site. Received on campus interview within a week. The interviewer was very amiable, but she made it clear they were looking for a specific type of personality. She seemed unsure as to whether or not that was a good thing. After first round, they got back to me within a week. I did not get next round but for final round, candidates are invited to the office in Miami.

Interview Questions

• Personality questions. The main thing they were asking is are you type A? Do you fit with culture of BK?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Burger King.

Interview

Went through on-campus recruitment. Had a first round on-campus interview. Recruiters consisted of an alumni and a head of a department. They were very nice and accommodating. Questions were failry simple, consisted of a few behavioral questions and 2 simple brain teasers. Results came out the day after the interview.

LDP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burger King.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. First round was a half-hour interview with two people - one HR person and one former LDP. This first interview--along with most of the ones during the super day--seemed to be looking to see how well you handle yourself under pressure just as much as gauging actual answers or experience. First round started with behavioral and resume-based questions, including "tell me about yourself in 10 seconds" and some other intense ones. Second half (maybe just last 10min of the 30min interview) had questions to see how you approach problems and think under pressure or something like that. One question was like: "If it's 5:15, how many degrees are between the hour and minute hand?" I actually messed that one up super badly at first but eventually got it. Must not have been that bad becaaauusseeee I somehow got past that round and they flew me to Miami the next week. Our super day had very few people, so they didn't make any midday cuts like they usually do apparently. Day included a business game, an hour of speed interviews, two half-hour interviews, and a final group interview with two EVPs. Here's some overall advice I guess: Be ready to think on your feet and be confident about it. Try to get a feel for their values and their culture so you can emphasize those qualities about yourself in your interviews. They're looking for a very specific type of person, so figure out what it is and be it.

Interview Questions

• How much is your salary worth? (If I could write you a check every year for the rest of your career, what would be the total cost to me?)   Answer Question

Compensation would be great but couldn't see myself enjoying my life while working there. Would've been fine for the summer, but got an offer for something way better for me.

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Burger King (Miami, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

One phone or on-campus interview with behavioral questions, followed by another phone/skype round with market sizing/brainteaser questions. If you perform well, you may be asked to come into the headquarters for a final day. The day starts with a 1-hour business game where you are trying to grow BK's business on different continents. You really can't prepare for it, but know that they are looking for team players, leaders, and fast learners. Volunteer for any questions they ask after each round and contribute to discussions. After that, you will speed interview with 5-7 people for about 10 minutes each. These can vary depending on who interviews you. You will then have two long interviews, one behavioral and one case. BK does a mid-day cut where half of the interviewees are asked to stay if they are still being considered. The finalists end the day in a panel with C-level executives and a few other candidates. You will need to make a 1-min speech on why you want to join BK and why you would be a good fit for the job. The executives will put you and the other candidates on the hot seat for a few minutes. Be prepared for the unexpected - they are really trying to trip you up to see how you will respond under pressure and back up your answers with logic. It is LONG day so try to get plenty of sleep!

Interview Questions

• How many degrees are between the minute and hour hand of a clock? How many miles are between here and (another city in the US)? Tell me about a time when you failed and learned from your mistakes. Why do you want to work at BK?   1 Answer