Burger King Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Burger King (Miami, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied via uni. Two virtual interviews: one cultural, one analytical. Were pretty easy. Flown down to Miami. Morning was group business game to separate out the leaders and the followers separate as well as see group skills. Then five speed interviews, lunch, and then two 30 min in depth interviews. Then you have a tour during,which they figure out who,they are going to cut before the true final round. They make the cuts and then you present your one minute why me why BK pitch to a couple csuite level evps.

Interview Questions

• If you had all the capital you needed what sort of venture would you start and how?   Answer Question
    • 31×31   1 Answer

Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Burger King.

Interview

I applied online for the job , I missed the first call but she left a message about if I had time I could come in for an interview that day and if not I could just call to set up another interview. I had to do 2 different interviews before they offered me the job. This was my first job so they asked questions about my school experiences and being a leader, things of that nature. What were some of my weaknesses and strengths.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work for them. And give an example of a speech that I had to give in front of other people.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Burger King in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online, the called me back within 30 minutes and asked me to come in for an interview. It was super easy. Questions weren't hard, I think they asked me two, tell me about you're self, what would you do if you mess up an order. I got offered the job after she asked me what I would do i she threw her pen at me? Altogether it was a super lax interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if I threw this pen at you right now?   1 Answer

Interview

Applied online and two weeks later I was called by a recruiter. Asked me questions such as my gpa, major and availability. Later you move on to another phone interview then asked to come in and have an in person interview.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Burger King (Miami, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

You first are contacted by a recruiter and they schedule you for a 30 minute behavioral interview. It's all pretty straight forward. Definitely have an answer for the question why do you wanna work at Burger King?

Then you have a 30 minute analytical interview. All the questions I listed below are what I was asked. It wasn't too bad.

Then, if you are invited, you get flown out to their HQ in Miami. Apparently, they have about 7 "super days". Prior to arriving, they had us write a 1 minute speech about why they should hire you and why burger king. The night before you have a social outing where you just meet some of the full time employees and other candidates.

Here is the SCHEDULE for the super day:

8am-8:45am: talk about the day and learn about the company in a conference room with some of their employees. They're were about 30 of us in total. There were a lot of students from great schools including Cornell, Princeton, Northwestern, Illinois, Michigan, Duke, U of Chicago, Yale.

9am-11am: business game. We were divided up into 6 teams and put into teams (Asia, Africa, N. America, S. America, Europe, Western Europe). We then had to "grow" the BK business and decide on things such as raising or decreasing the the price, increasing/decreasing the # of workers, and increasing/decreasing advertising/marketing. While you work in teams to figure out, two BK workers are there to evaluate you and see how your work in teams, etc.

11:10am-12pm you have 5 speed interviews that are 10 minutes each with random BK employees. They are mostly behavioral.

12-1pm is lunch.

1-1:45pm is where you have an in depth interview of 30 minutes and then a 15 minute case interview with a different employee. The case question was "We are considering introducing a Southwest Chicken item on the value menu. How would you go about seeing if we should do this. I said stuff like a focus group in the beginning, then push it out to the corporate stores and compare with other stores in the region. Also do a survey, etc. I had never done a case before and it wasn't that bad.

At 2pm they give you a tour of the office which is cool. We walked right by the CEO.

At 2:30, the have the "Mid Interview Qualifier". Based on your performance through the day, they decide to either have you move on to the "EVP Crossfire" or not. If not, you are sent back to the airport in a shuttle bus from their HQ. The EVP Crossfire is where you give your 1 minute speech and the Executives also ask you some questions. I didn't make it to this part of the day.

Interview Questions

• How do you fit a live giraffe in a cooking pan?
      What is 57 * 57?
      You have unlimited water. You have a 3 gallon jug and a 5 gallon jug. How do you measure out 4 gallons of water?
      List 10 uses for a pen that do not include writing or drawing.
      How many tennis balls can you fit in your room?

Answer Question

LDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Burger King (Miami, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

I loved all three stages of the interview process. Especially the super day in Miami. Mix of behavioral and case questions, and a lot about why Burger King. Everybody at BK genuinely wants to get to know you and they want to make sure the company is right fit for YOU.

Interview Questions

• If you had a million dollars, where would you invest it in?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

First Round:
    Video Interview #1- General Behavioral Questions
    Video Interview #2 - Brainteaser/Problem Solving Questions

Second Round:

Flown out to Miami

Treated to a dinner /meet & greet.

1 - Group Business Simulation Game Competition
    5 - 10 minute interviews with employees
    2 - 20 minute Case interviews

Final Round:

10 Minutes with executive committee about why you should be hired.

Interview Questions

• You have a 3 gallon bucket and a 5 gallon bucket, how do you get exactly 4?   1 Answer

Interview

I had a video interview. Basic behavioral interview--be prepared for the "tricky" questions like
    1. Tell me about a time when you failed.
    2. What's your greatest weakness?
    Also, be prepared for them to ask you what business you would invest in if you had an unlimited amount of money.

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McMinnville, OR

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Burger King (McMinnville, OR).

Interview

I applied for the job and was called back two days later for an interview the very next day. The manager was very nice, smiled lots. I was hired on spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Operations Coach Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Burger King.

Interview

The first communication happen rather quickly after applying and the process moved just as fast. The HR person ("dream killer", as she is referred by HQ) called to see if I was still interested in the position and she went on describing the position and the requirements along with some disclosures. A first interview was set and it was done over a video conference followed by an immediate called back from the HR lady that I would be moving on to the next interview. That second interview had to be rescheduled twice as they seemed to have forgotten about letting the other person know about the interview. Once that interview was done I got another called from the same HR person to discuss final numbers (they are not big on negotiation) and to set up the first day.
    The interview process is not difficult at all. They will ask you a number of questions but they are not complicated or anything unusual. Know ahead of time why you are leaving your current place, why BK, what are your expectations, ask for their expectations, and do not be afraid to ask tough questions as you will most likely see them reaching for the stars.

Interview Questions

• There were no really difficult questions, just make sure you listen to the entire question before you answer.   Answer Question