Burger King Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2014
Updated Sep 3, 2014

2.2

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Burger King.

the interview questions are simple, but it depends whose the manager is.

no i didn't negotiated

Kitchen Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Burger King in March 2014.

I submitted an application, online, on Monday. The very next morning I got a call from the manager to come in for a interview. The process was pretty relaxed, she took my info (address, employment history,etc). My second interview was scheduled for a week later, enough time for me to get a food handler license. The second interview was a little longer than the first, mostly because we had to review the employee manual. Then I reviewed training videos for two shifts before I actually started working.

Interview Questions
    • "Give an example of a time you met a difficult situation and overcame it."   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Leadership Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Burger King in March 2014.

Applied through college job posting. First round was a skype call that asked basic behavioral questions and why you wanted to be a part of the company. The second round was a difficult analytical interview with a handful of brainteasers and calculation problems.

Interview Questions
    • how many cups of coffee are drank in the United States per day?   Answer Question

Burger King Management Trainee Program Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Burger King in October 2013.

I applied on my college's website for this program. I did well in the initial interview with someone who asked me why I would be a good fit for the company and why I wanted to work for the company. At the end of the interview, I was asked to move on to the analytical interview, which I did not pass.

Interview Questions
    • The analytical interview is a brain-teaser interview with 6 questions and you can only use a pen and paper and the interviewer watches your paper over a video call. 1st question: What is 37 times 37? Answer: 1,369. 2nd question: What are ten things you can do with a pencil?   View Answer
    • 3rd question: If you have two buckets, one that is 5 gallons and one that is 3 gallons, and there is a faucet of running water, how do you measure exactly 4 gallons?   View Answer
    • 4th question: There are 8 marbles and 2 balancing weight scales. How can you find the heaviest marble using the scale only once or twice?   View Answer
    • 5th question: What is the angle between the pointers on a clock at 11:50 AM?

View Answer
    • 6th question: How many ping-pong balls fit inside of a standard-sized limousine?   View Answer

Management Trainee Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Burger King.

Dropped off a resume at the career fair and was invited to "coffee chats" later that evening.

Was later scheduled for a Skype interview that would be heavily case based. Was asked about ten different case like problems ranging from "how many sides of a 10x10x10 rubix cube are painted if dipped in a can of paint" to "how many people are drinking coffee on the east coast right now". Overall, very similar to brain teaser questions where the interviewer wasn't necessarily looking for the "right" answer, but your thought process and if you could get into the general range of the correct answer.

Received a phone call about two days later inviting me to final round in Miami, where I had "speed-dating-like" interviews (7 rapid fire interviews with different people in the company from different disciplines), was asked to give a presentation to the CFO and CEO, and was put into teams and asked to solve real company problems as a group. Was an incredibly long, but educational day.

Interview Questions
    • Was tested on my language skills (I speak some obscure languages) and was asked to translate different phrases, yet surprisingly was not tested on my Spanish skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Burger King.

Three rounds.
    1st- behavioral
    2nd- Analytical (case/mathy questions)
    3rd- fly you to miami for superday (they cutt about 10 people half way through the day before you meet senior management)

Interview Questions
    • You have all the funding in the world as an entrepeneur, what do you do?   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Exeter, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exeter, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Burger King in March 2011.

Applied 3 months before called for interview, got a call asking if I was still looking for work. Met with general manager we spoke about the job, never really put me on the spot and knew I got hired right then and there because she asked for my shirt size.

Interview Questions
    • none, I liked how she asked me what my favorite sandwich was on their menu.   Answer Question
    no negotiation, asked for my shirt size and I knew I go the job.

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pascagoula, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pascagoula, MS

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Burger King in May 2013.

do you have kids, do have a ride to work, and thats really all i can remember.. all the questions were really simple

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Burger King.

1) Talked to them at the school career fair and dropped off resume.
    2) A couple months later, got a phone call from their HR department asking to verify information and to set up a first round interview.
    3) First round interview - phone call interview and all behavioral
    4) Analytical interview - One week later, used their video system but the audio was on the phone. A lot of brainteasers and one market-sizing question. Would be good to practice brainteasers and a little bit of mental math for preparation.
    5) On-site Final Round - 1 hour of "speed dating" interviews, company tour, lunch with recent hires, presentation + group interview with upper management.

Overall, a very tough and intimidating process after the first round

Interview Questions
    • Who is the best and worst candidate in the group and why?
      Tell me how to move Mt. Kilimanjaro from Tanzania to Kenya.
        Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Spring Hill, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring Hill, TN

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Burger King in June 2013.

l was shown pictures of unsatisfied customers or health hazards, and was asked what I'd do or what's happening in the picture. I was hired on the spot, and it was a relatively simple interview. No screenings, and no background checks. I started working the week after.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, there wasn't any mind boggling interview questions. Although there was a tedious one, "If you knew your boss was wrong, how would you handle it?"   Answer Question
    It's my first job, and I didn't want minimum wage. He could tell I was motivated so we compromised.