Burger King Management Trainee Program Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2015

3.5

Management Trainee Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Burger King in February 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume and cover letter through my university's career services website. The interview was in person, one-on-one. It was very informal and I was able to ask many questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked a question that required estimation and another that required basic math skills.   Answer Question
  • They also asked questions about my resume and experiences.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Burger King

Management Trainee Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Burger King in October 2014.

Interview

On campus interview - 2:1 The interviewer began speaking to me in French that threw me off. He was very aggressive in his interview style, used profanity at several points in the interview and rolled his eyes at my answers. He also interrupted me several times and criticized my opinions. Most of the questions were unrelated to the job. A mix of brain teasers and personal questions. These scare tactics are definitely not the way to attract good people. The program seems mediocre and lacks prestige in my opinion.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Burger King (Miami, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

Dropped resume on college recruiting site 1st round was a skype like interview (did not work so ended up being phone) and was straight behavioral like what is a weakness, when did the rules changes and you had to adapt, etc 2nd round was emailed to set up a 2nd skypeish interview (again did not work so ended up being phone) and was the next day and was all analytical brainteasers 3rd round fly down to headquarters in Miami for superday of corporate tour and interviews ending with presentation to executives

Interview Questions

• Brain Teasers: 127 teams in a round robin how many games and rounds are played to get to one winner? A frog is at the bottom of a 30 meter well. Each day he summons enough energy for one 3 meter leap up the well. Exhausted, he then hangs there for the rest of the day. At night, while he is asleep, he slips 2 meters backwards. How many days does it take him to escape from the well? Bag of 9 balls and one weighs more than the others, you get 2 weigh ins on a scale. How do you go about determining which one weighs more than the others?   Answer Question

I had a better offer on the table

Management Trainee Program Interview

Interview

Applied online and two weeks later I was called by a recruiter. Asked me questions such as my gpa, major and availability. Later you move on to another phone interview then asked to come in and have an in person interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Burger King (Miami, FL).

Interview

Three rounds. 1st- behavioral 2nd- Analytical (case/mathy questions) 3rd- fly you to miami for superday (they cutt about 10 people half way through the day before you meet senior management)

Interview Questions

• You have all the funding in the world as an entrepeneur, what do you do?   1 Answer

Management Trainee Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Burger King.

Interview

Dropped off a resume at the career fair and was invited to "coffee chats" later that evening. Was later scheduled for a Skype interview that would be heavily case based. Was asked about ten different case like problems ranging from "how many sides of a 10x10x10 rubix cube are painted if dipped in a can of paint" to "how many people are drinking coffee on the east coast right now". Overall, very similar to brain teaser questions where the interviewer wasn't necessarily looking for the "right" answer, but your thought process and if you could get into the general range of the correct answer. Received a phone call about two days later inviting me to final round in Miami, where I had "speed-dating-like" interviews (7 rapid fire interviews with different people in the company from different disciplines), was asked to give a presentation to the CFO and CEO, and was put into teams and asked to solve real company problems as a group. Was an incredibly long, but educational day.

Interview Questions

• Was tested on my language skills (I speak some obscure languages) and was asked to translate different phrases, yet surprisingly was not tested on my Spanish skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Burger King (Miami, FL).

Interview

1) Talked to them at the school career fair and dropped off resume. 2) A couple months later, got a phone call from their HR department asking to verify information and to set up a first round interview. 3) First round interview - phone call interview and all behavioral 4) Analytical interview - One week later, used their video system but the audio was on the phone. A lot of brainteasers and one market-sizing question. Would be good to practice brainteasers and a little bit of mental math for preparation. 5) On-site Final Round - 1 hour of "speed dating" interviews, company tour, lunch with recent hires, presentation + group interview with upper management. Overall, a very tough and intimidating process after the first round

Interview Questions

• Who is the best and worst candidate in the group and why? Tell me how to move Mt. Kilimanjaro from Tanzania to Kenya.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Burger King (Miami, FL) in February 2014.

Interview

Applications are sent to outside recruiting firm in Chicago, which will schedule first round interview over the phone with a mid-level manager. Behavioral interview. Then if you pass that they schedule a 2nd round phone interview with someone higher up, also behavioral but can ask a few technical questions as well to see if you understand the industry. Then they invite you down to Miam for a final day of interviews that goes from 9 am to 3pm (they make a cut halfway through the day) and if you make it through that you interview with a few other colleagues with the CEO, CFO, and CPO. Amazing experience, highly intimidating.

Interview Questions

• If you had a million dollars to invest, what would you invest in?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burger King in December 2013.

Interview

Submitted resume and cover letter, did series of phone and virtual interviews. Asked a series of questions and was required to carry out swift calculations on the spot to test competency. The final interview was at headquarters in Miami and was a whole day with a very well qualified fairly small group of people where we were asked to give short presentation on why she should hire them to executives.

Interview Questions

• The short elevator pitch at the final level was the most stressful point, most individuals gave short powerpoint presentations on themselves. I chose to do a confident short and sweet speech.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Burger King (Miami, FL) in November 2013.

Interview

Absolute worst interview experience I have ever had. The people were rude. Even though I attend a top 20 school, they told me my education was subpar after spending $1500 to fly me to Miami for final round interviews. Everyone had an attitude and seemed miserable in their jobs. Prior to final round, I was stood up twice for video interviews. I had to constantly reschedule and they were so unorganized.

Interview Questions

• What is 37*37. I answered correctly thanks to looking up questions on Glassdoor beforehand!   1 Answer