Burger King Management Trainee Program Interview Questions

Updated Oct 13, 2014

3.5

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Management Trainee Program Interview

Applied online and two weeks later I was called by a recruiter. Asked me questions such as my gpa, major and availability. Later you move on to another phone interview then asked to come in and have an in person interview.

Other Interview Reviews for Burger King

Management Trainee Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Burger King in October 2014.

On campus interview - 2:1

The interviewer began speaking to me in French that threw me off. He was very aggressive in his interview style, used profanity at several points in the interview and rolled his eyes at my answers. He also interrupted me several times and criticized my opinions.

Most of the questions were unrelated to the job. A mix of brain teasers and personal questions. These scare tactics are definitely not the way to attract good people. The program seems mediocre and lacks prestige in my opinion.

Management Trainee Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Burger King.

Dropped off a resume at the career fair and was invited to "coffee chats" later that evening.

Was later scheduled for a Skype interview that would be heavily case based. Was asked about ten different case like problems ranging from "how many sides of a 10x10x10 rubix cube are painted if dipped in a can of paint" to "how many people are drinking coffee on the east coast right now". Overall, very similar to brain teaser questions where the interviewer wasn't necessarily looking for the "right" answer, but your thought process and if you could get into the general range of the correct answer.

Received a phone call about two days later inviting me to final round in Miami, where I had "speed-dating-like" interviews (7 rapid fire interviews with different people in the company from different disciplines), was asked to give a presentation to the CFO and CEO, and was put into teams and asked to solve real company problems as a group. Was an incredibly long, but educational day.

Interview Questions
    • Was tested on my language skills (I speak some obscure languages) and was asked to translate different phrases, yet surprisingly was not tested on my Spanish skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Burger King.

Three rounds.
    1st- behavioral
    2nd- Analytical (case/mathy questions)
    3rd- fly you to miami for superday (they cutt about 10 people half way through the day before you meet senior management)

Interview Questions
    • You have all the funding in the world as an entrepeneur, what do you do?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Burger King.

1) Talked to them at the school career fair and dropped off resume.
    2) A couple months later, got a phone call from their HR department asking to verify information and to set up a first round interview.
    3) First round interview - phone call interview and all behavioral
    4) Analytical interview - One week later, used their video system but the audio was on the phone. A lot of brainteasers and one market-sizing question. Would be good to practice brainteasers and a little bit of mental math for preparation.
    5) On-site Final Round - 1 hour of "speed dating" interviews, company tour, lunch with recent hires, presentation + group interview with upper management.

Overall, a very tough and intimidating process after the first round

Interview Questions
    • Who is the best and worst candidate in the group and why?
      Tell me how to move Mt. Kilimanjaro from Tanzania to Kenya.
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Burger King in February 2014.

Applications are sent to outside recruiting firm in Chicago, which will schedule first round interview over the phone with a mid-level manager. Behavioral interview. Then if you pass that they schedule a 2nd round phone interview with someone higher up, also behavioral but can ask a few technical questions as well to see if you understand the industry. Then they invite you down to Miam for a final day of interviews that goes from 9 am to 3pm (they make a cut halfway through the day) and if you make it through that you interview with a few other colleagues with the CEO, CFO, and CPO. Amazing experience, highly intimidating.

Interview Questions
    • If you had a million dollars to invest, what would you invest in?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Program Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Burger King in December 2013.

Submitted resume and cover letter, did series of phone and virtual interviews. Asked a series of questions and was required to carry out swift calculations on the spot to test competency. The final interview was at headquarters in Miami and was a whole day with a very well qualified fairly small group of people where we were asked to give short presentation on why she should hire them to executives.

Interview Questions
    • The short elevator pitch at the final level was the most stressful point, most individuals gave short powerpoint presentations on themselves. I chose to do a confident short and sweet speech.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Burger King in November 2013.

Absolute worst interview experience I have ever had. The people were rude. Even though I attend a top 20 school, they told me my education was subpar after spending $1500 to fly me to Miami for final round interviews. Everyone had an attitude and seemed miserable in their jobs. Prior to final round, I was stood up twice for video interviews. I had to constantly reschedule and they were so unorganized.

Interview Questions
    • What is 37*37. I answered correctly thanks to looking up questions on Glassdoor beforehand!   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through Campus Recruiting and was invited to two 30 minute 1st round phone interviews. One was behavioral with standard FIT questions and the other was an analytical interview with brainteasers and a market sizing question. After that, I was invited to a final round interview in Miami. The final round consisted of a group strategy game competition, 5 speed interview (10 mins each), and a 3 minute presentation for the CEO and the rest of the candidates. The speed interviews were like mini stress test–questions were often asked in a rapid-fire fashion–just keep your cool and you will be fine. Know about BK since 3G bought them out.

They give you 2 weeks to accept

Management Trainee Program Interview

There were three steps in the interview process:
    1) A relatively easy phone interview with HR/mainly fit questions and gauging interest
    2) Harder questions with upper management - some brainteasers and a case question
    3) 6-hour day-long comprehensive on-site interview. For this one, you definitely want to have your story (why you want to work here...) absolutely down.

Interview Questions
    • The main question to hit on is why you want to work at Burger King vs. other similar companies, but also be familiar with doing case questions (ex. how many people buy fast food in the U.S. every day)   Answer Question