Burger King

Average Difficulty
14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Management Trainee Program

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Burger King.

Interview Details – Dropped off a resume at the career fair and was invited to "coffee chats" later that evening.

Was later scheduled for a Skype interview that would be heavily case based. Was asked about ten different case like problems ranging from "how many sides of a 10x10x10 rubix cube are painted if dipped in a can of paint" to "how many people are drinking coffee on the east coast right now". Overall, very similar to brain teaser questions where the interviewer wasn't necessarily looking for the "right" answer, but your thought process and if you could get into the general range of the correct answer.

Received a phone call about two days later inviting me to final round in Miami, where I had "speed-dating-like" interviews (7 rapid fire interviews with different people in the company from different disciplines), was asked to give a presentation to the CFO and CEO, and was put into teams and asked to solve real company problems as a group. Was an incredibly long, but educational day.

Interview Question – Was tested on my language skills (I speak some obscure languages) and was asked to translate different phrases, yet surprisingly was not tested on my Spanish skills.   Answer Question

Miami, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Burger King.

Interview Details – Three rounds.
1st- behavioral
2nd- Analytical (case/mathy questions)
3rd- fly you to miami for superday (they cutt about 10 people half way through the day before you meet senior management)

Interview Question – You have all the funding in the world as an entrepeneur, what do you do?   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Miami, FL

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Burger King.

Interview Details – 1) Talked to them at the school career fair and dropped off resume.
2) A couple months later, got a phone call from their HR department asking to verify information and to set up a first round interview.
3) First round interview - phone call interview and all behavioral
4) Analytical interview - One week later, used their video system but the audio was on the phone. A lot of brainteasers and one market-sizing question. Would be good to practice brainteasers and a little bit of mental math for preparation.
5) On-site Final Round - 1 hour of "speed dating" interviews, company tour, lunch with recent hires, presentation + group interview with upper management.

Overall, a very tough and intimidating process after the first round

Interview Question – Who is the best and worst candidate in the group and why?
Tell me how to move Mt. Kilimanjaro from Tanzania to Kenya.
  Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Miami, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Burger King in November 2013.

Interview Details – Absolute worst interview experience I have ever had. The people were rude. Even though I attend a top 20 school, they told me my education was subpar after spending $1500 to fly me to Miami for final round interviews. Everyone had an attitude and seemed miserable in their jobs. Prior to final round, I was stood up twice for video interviews. I had to constantly reschedule and they were so unorganized.

Interview Question – What is 37*37. I answered correctly thanks to looking up questions on Glassdoor beforehand!   View Answer

Miami, FL

Interview Details – I applied through Campus Recruiting and was invited to two 30 minute 1st round phone interviews. One was behavioral with standard FIT questions and the other was an analytical interview with brainteasers and a market sizing question. After that, I was invited to a final round interview in Miami. The final round consisted of a group strategy game competition, 5 speed interview (10 mins each), and a 3 minute presentation for the CEO and the rest of the candidates. The speed interviews were like mini stress test–questions were often asked in a rapid-fire fashion–just keep your cool and you will be fine. Know about BK since 3G bought them out.

Interview Question – Why BK?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They give you 2 weeks to accept

Miami, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Burger King in January 2012.

Interview Details – 1st was the behavior round. It was pretty basic, as long as you know your strengths, and weaknesses, you should be okay. 2nd round was the analytically one. The answers are pretty straight forward as well and even if you don't know the answer, you can usually walk them through a process and make up the answer. All they really care about is your thought process.

Interview Question – If I can help you start a business today, what would it be and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No, you are not able to negotiate as everyone coming in gets the same pay. Just be friend people and get a good roommate to share rent one, a 1 bedroom in Miami is ridiculous. A 2 or 3 bedroom is definitely more doable.

Interviewed at Burger King

Interview Details – There were three steps in the interview process:
1) A relatively easy phone interview with HR/mainly fit questions and gauging interest
2) Harder questions with upper management - some brainteasers and a case question
3) 6-hour day-long comprehensive on-site interview. For this one, you definitely want to have your story (why you want to work here...) absolutely down.

Interview Question – The main question to hit on is why you want to work at Burger King vs. other similar companies, but also be familiar with doing case questions (ex. how many people buy fast food in the U.S. every day)   Answer Question

Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Burger King in October 2012.

Interview Details – There were three parts of the interview process. #1 general call from outsourced HR rep about background and interest in BK- #2 Call with high-level manager with many more behavior interview questions; this lasted about 45 minutes- #3 Invited to BK headquarters in Miami. There were four different people I interviewed with (including the CEO which was cool) and also at times people came into the conference room with me and the 9 other candidates to have conversation. The interviews were different styles, some more conversational and a harder "stress" interview with some math and case questions.

They also talked a lot about their culture to make sure the candidates were a good fit. The culture is casual in the way of dressing and communicating (there are no offices, only desks) but also extremely intense and competitive among employees. There is little outside work life, 12-14 hour workdays, and very high job turnover rate so be sure to know this if you are applying.

Interview Question – How would you determine how many sailboats there are in Miami?   Answer Question

Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Burger King.

Interview Details – day long in person interviews. Group discussions and 1 one on one

Interview Question – Describe how you would handle a unruly employees   Answer Question

Miami, FL

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Burger King in April 2011.

Interview Details – First applied through University career services. Was called by recruiter for very easy simple phone interview, mostly just to judge why you applied to the position. Then an online skills test was taken, and after that was contacted for a 1:1 interview at school. After that went well was called and told I would be interviewing at the company headquarters in Miami. They flew down about 110 or so candidates from different schools around the country, splitting them in half for interviews on separate Fridays, and on each Friday split those groups into a morning and afternoon group. Was given tour of headquarters, and saw what it would be like to work there. They had just come under new management from a Brazilian company and had changed the layout of the place. After the tour had a panel interview with 2 employees for about an hour. Then a business case study which consisted of a written portion and after that a group presentation based on the written portion. This is where things go sour. There was a lot of group think and aggressive behavior from those who wanted to be heard. So a lot of people were very rude - talking over others, not letting others speak, which was detrimental to their chances of being selected. From what I gather, they mostly selected candidates from mediocre Florida schools. There were a lot of candidates from top 20 schools (Duke, UChicago, BC), but they did not seem to be selected over Florida candidates.

Interview Question – How would feel having to work in a Burger King restaurant for 2 months?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Burger King

Worked for Burger King? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Burger King Management Trainee Program interview questions and advice. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by Burger King employees and interview candidates.