Burger King

Getting the Interview

10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager

I applied in-person - interviewed at Burger King in January 2012.

Interview Details – very unprofessional. person interviewing did all the talking

Interview Question – What is your favorite color?   Answer Question

Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Burger King.

Interview Details – Friend applied for a manager position (referred by an existing BK employee), received offer but declined and referred me to HR manager. HR Manager immediately contacted me, set up a phone interview prior to me filling out online application. Filled out online application prior to HR phone screen, which was the next day. HR phone screen led to phone interview with manager of the position within a few days. Phone interview led to a video conference interview with manager, HR, chef, and director of the department within another few days. HR and chef did not show up because they were too busy. Technical difficulties so ended up doing a phone call with the director. HR was very aggressive. Received immediate feedback from HR (same day) that team liked me and would be working on offer. Said it would take about a week for background check and offer, but ended up taking about 2-3 weeks. Refused to give me an offer in writing - only verbal. I asked if could meet the team in person, initially was refused by HR. Took about 2 weeks and director invited me to come visit in person for a formal meeting with manager, a recent management trainee graduate, HR, and director. Director (who set up the meeting) was too busy to meet with me, only said hi for about 30 seconds.

Very crazy, unprofessional, extremely fast-paced culture. Not worth it.

Interview Question – Explain what a database is to a kid.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Garden Grove, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Burger King in September 2009.

Interview Details – Worked for Franchisee previously. Came back on board after time off.

Interview Question – None. Already knew the owner.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Same as before.

Very Easy Interview

Scottsboro, AL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Burger King.

Interview Details – It is unproffessional process.

Interview Question – Do you expect to require a second job?   Answer Question

El Cajon, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Burger King in May 2008.

Interview Details – Unpleasant

San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Burger King in January 2008.

Interview Details – called after seeing sign saying they were looking for managers, asked to email resume and was given link for online test that i had to pass, had phone interview all on first day, then a couple days later i met with franchie owner for in person interview was offered position that day, began training the following week, we have a new hr person now, so process may have changed

Very Difficult Interview

Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Burger King.

Interview Details – first a phone interview, after a personal interview in the office, several test, several weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – the negotiation was tough, and I really never gain what I expected.

Interviewed at Burger King

Interview Details – the hiring process was nothing they bring you in and hire you on the spot they are stupid and they hire anyone i wouldn't even eat there anymore because you never know who is back there making or spitting on your food they are gross, and they hire trash enough said,

Interview Question – nothing.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Burger King in August 2009.

Interview Details – Met with cbm and asked different hiring questions

Interview Question – tell me about yr self?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – i didnt ...i should of but i didnt

Manager Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Burger King in January 2010.

Interview Details – I was really nervous going in for my interview. I really wanted to do well. It consister of a phone interview then me going into burger king and then being intervied. I thought it turned out really well. I did get a call back saying that i did not have the job.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Burger King

Worked for Burger King? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Burger King Manager interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Burger King employees and interview candidates.