Burke Williams

Interviews for Top Jobs at Burke Williams

Massage Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burke Williams.

I faxed the Staffing Coordinator my resume and a few days later I received a call from him offering me an interview. I downloaded and filled out the application at home before I went in for the interview. The interview at the spa went well and was invited back another day for a practical massage. The practical went well too and was offered a job immediately after the practical.

No negotiantion.

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Burke Williams in October 2013.

They have open house once a month, and then after like a month they will call you if they want to hire you, otherwise you can keep calling the managers and maybe they will call you back.

Interview Questions
    • how would you deal with an irritated guest   View Answer
    there is not negotiation at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Inglewood, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Inglewood, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Burke Williams in October 2013.

I received a call from the HR rep based out of their Inglewood training center after I had applied for the massage therapist job through their website. I think it took about 10 days for them to get back to me from the time I submitted my online application. The rep conducted a short screening interview over the phone which lasted about 10 or 15 minutes. She then invited me to attend their "open interview" that they have every week on Tuesdays. She had called me on a Monday so the interview was to take place the very next day. Like all face to face interviews, I was nervous and was not sure if the interviewer could sense that from me. I didn't have to wait too long as I was the only massage therapist who showed up that particular morning for the open interview (all other candidates who were there were trying out for other jobs). The entire interview lasted approximately 25 minutes. The person that I met with was very friendly and professional, but like all HR personnel who I've interviewed with at past jobs, she did seem a little robotic. With that said, I couldn't really tell how the interview was going. At the end of the interview the HR rep told me that she would be getting back to me by the end of the week to let me know if they needed me to come back for the next phase, which would be the hands on practical. I did receive an email on Friday of the same week following my interview only to be informed that another candidate was selected to move forward with for the training program. What baffles me now is that it is almost 2 weeks later and I have found that they have reposted the same job for the same location that I applied for on GetMassageTherapyjobs.com (the new post date was Nov 1st). Clearly, I'm now under the impression that the HR rep felt compelled to lie to me about the position being filled instead of telling me the truth. What that truth may be I am seeing this as a blessing in disguise since this company only received approximately 3 out of 5 stars based on reviews from their former and/or current employees.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you choose massage therapy?   Answer Question
    • What was the most difficult situation that you were faced with and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Burke Williams in May 2012.

Interviewed at Corporate Burke Williams HQ in Culver City, Ca which was quite a drive for me, but worth it because I got the job. Interview consisted of two 1:1, then a practical skills assessment. Interviewers were friendly and made me feel comfortable. Overall impression was good and I knew I'd like working for BW from the beginning.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you've had to deal with a difficult client?   Answer Question
    No negotiations. Pay scale is pre-fixé and training pay is what it is; and isn't very much. The commute can be a bit arduous at times, especially having to fight LA traffic. However, Burke William can be a great starting point for a new therapist, and worth the overall experience in the long run.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Burke Williams in August 2008.

My interview was over the phone, easy going, affable, but lengthy. Booked an in-house health exam and required massage

Massage Therapist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Burke Williams in February 2011.

Part 1 Interview: Dress Business Professional and be prepared to perform a 20-25 demonstration. (Bring your massage clothes to change into- make sure it is conservative- no low cut tops, shorts, or whatever casual thing you may massage your personal clients with) BW is a professional and conservative company.
    BE CAMTC certified or in the process of that you can prove.... If you are considered, they will contact the references you provide.
    Part 2: Interview at the location you will be hired at....dress professionally as well. Usually no demo since the recruiter tested you out.
    Both interviews ask the basic... why did you become a MT, what courses, where have you worked previous etc... BW will give new MT a chance so don't not apply because you don't have spa experience. It is about how you present yourself and what you are willing to learn.
    BW does do therapeutic work but you will be expected to "enhance" your guest and there are quotas. So keep in mind you will have to come to terms with being ok on selling/upgrading to specific spa treatments to techniques such as from a swedish to a DT etc...

If you are hired.... you will go through their training in the corporate office. Make sure you can afford or save some money for it. The training is nearly full-time for about 4 weeks at minimum wage. Approx. 6 to 6.5 hours 5 days a week in Culver City, CA... it can be a hit to your income but if this is the place you want to be then just do it but I think that people should really think about this portion of it prior to applying so you can be financially prepared.

Interview Questions
    N/A- BW pay is based on commission plus a "point" scale or minimum wage... which ever is higher at the end of your shift... this is pretty standard in regards to commission vs. minimum wage if you have a slow night.... but it will be explained during the interview.....

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Burke Williams in October 2009.

Interviewed with a group of about 10 other applicants. The group was asked basic interview questions, such as "What are your strengths & weaknesses?" Questions were answered by each applicant in a round-robin style, and interactive role-playing was done to demonstrate relative customer service and sales skills. After the interviewers had finished, they left the room for a few minutes and then came back to announce what applicants they had selected for hire.